Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
People in the US can't switch hit and it shows. You change up the message and they get confused. Glad I've always been able to thrive in an agile environment without direction from leadership or development remotely usually solo relying upon my own personal BS to figure things out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

It would be legitimately funny if there's just no spread at all outdoors and all the deep South states are totally fine and it burns out before the summer heat forces then back into a/c, while the northern states just get absolutely owned

i dont think genocide against black people is all that funny tbh

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Don’t do this, Onion! You’re cursed computer makes all your satire come true haven’t you noticed this?!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Don’t do this, Onion! You’re cursed computer makes all your satire come true haven’t you noticed this?!

That's a great SCP concept.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

It would be legitimately funny if there's just no spread at all outdoors and all the deep South states are totally fine and it burns out before the summer heat forces then back into a/c, while the northern states just get absolutely owned

current georgia numbers

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

facetoucher cat posted:

People in the US can't switch hit and it shows. You change up the message and they get confused. Glad I've always been able to thrive in an agile environment without direction from leadership or development remotely usually solo relying upon my own personal BS to figure things out

Ma'am, this is a Sizzler.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
good golly miss roni

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

etalian posted:

The real story is Coronavirus went native drinking sweet tea and going to Bojangles 5x times each.

So like the South Corona virus will not rise again.

Holy poo poo what a terrible post.

"Went native drinking sweet tea" da gently caress is wrong with you that's so hosed up

Americans are such trash people through and through

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Basic Poster posted:

Ma'am, this is a Sizzler.

so you're not going to take my TCBY coupon?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
higher education under coronavirus update

I got an email from my math professor yesterday saying she had just uploaded the final exam, and it's due on Monday. I go this morning to the online portal where we've been doing all our other assignments and tests, and the final exam isn't there. So I emailed her asking what's up, and now I wait. I've had to email this professor a couple times this semester, and the average response time was five days.

This kicks rear end, I love it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fosborb posted:

good golly miss roni

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

empty whippet box posted:

i dont think genocide against black people is all that funny tbh

Read that post again, they're saying it would be funny if the southern states were totally fine

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

higher education under coronavirus update

I got an email from my math professor yesterday saying she had just uploaded the final exam, and it's due on Monday. I go this morning to the online portal where we've been doing all our other assignments and tests, and the final exam isn't there. So I emailed her asking what's up, and now I wait. I've had to email this professor a couple times this semester, and the average response time was five days.

This kicks rear end, I love it.

Lol your prof sounds lazy as hell

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

shovelbum posted:

That’s wfh life baby

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fosborb posted:

good golly miss roni

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/FUNTIMEDELUXEGO/status/1256658200260009984?s=19
Edit: do not twitter search corona-chan

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Read that post again, they're saying it would be funny if the southern states were totally fine

my brain is very smooth

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

get that anime poo poo outta here

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Even if the whole "hospitals get more money for covid" thing were true, how do these dumb bitches explain all the excess deaths? These people are dying from something so what is their explanation for it?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

etalian posted:

The real story is Coronavirus went native drinking sweet tea and going to Bojangles 5x times each.

So like the South Corona virus will not rise again.

I really want some Bojangles and Cheerwine. it seems almost worth it to eat that garbage and get the Rona at this point.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

shovelbum posted:

She is a lovely elderly black lady who was 100% not prepared or equipped to teach an online class

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ebola Roulette posted:

Even if the whole "hospitals get more money for covid" thing were true, how do these dumb bitches explain all the excess deaths? These people are dying from something so what is their explanation for it?

That's all the small business owners dying because we killed the economy

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ebola Roulette posted:

Suicide due to bad economy

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Ebola Roulette posted:

lockdown induced death syndrome (LIDS)

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

empty whippet box posted:

my brain is very smooth

My brain is so smooth that it laughs and photographs destruction of my own property while my cat has an epic melt down because I'm not responding fast enough to his demands for wetfood

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

facetoucher cat posted:

My brain is so smooth that it laughs and photographs destruction of my own property while my cat has an epic melt down because I'm not responding fast enough to his demands for wetfood

lovely katt

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
first anti-lockdown demonstration in bern switzerland. about 80 people

https://twitter.com/MvWartburg/status/1259098088230322176

like 95% of the lockdown is ending this monday so im not sure what they want? basically only things like museums cinemas and universities will remain closed beyond monday

the banner most visible in the pic says "can the majority be wrong??" which is more philiosophical than your average protest i guess

poty has issued a correction as of 16:16 on May 9, 2020

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Census response rate historically low in chudlandia, that can’t make republicans happy although this is hellworld so I’m sure the low response rate will result in massively decreased funding to programs to help minorities.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
What are they gonna do make you go back to work at gunpoint

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/us/south-dakota-sioux-tribes/index.html

quote:

The governor of South Dakota has given an ultimatum to two Sioux tribes: Remove checkpoints on state and US highways within 48 hours or risk legal action.

Gov. Kristi Noem sent letters Friday to the leaders of the Oglala Sioux Tribe and the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe demanding that checkpoints designed to prevent the spread of coronavirus on tribal land be removed, the governor's office said in a statement.

According to Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe checkpoint policies posted on its social media, its reservation residents may travel within South Dakota to areas the state has not deemed a Covid-19 "hotspot" if it's for an essential activity such as medical appointments or to get supplies unavailable on the reservation. But they must complete a health questionnaire when they leave and when they return every time they go through a checkpoint.
South Dakota residents who don't live on the reservation are only allowed there if they're not coming from a hotspot and it is for an essential activity. But they must also complete a health questionnaire.
Those from a South Dakota hotspot or from outside the state cannot come to the reservation unless it is for an essential activity -- but they must obtain a travel permit available on the tribe's website.
Both tribes have also issued strict stay-at-home orders and curfews for their communities. Noem has not issued stay-at-home orders for the state.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Oh hey I actually got an email back. Turns out she meant the final exam would become available on Monday.

I take back my gripe

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

nikosoft posted:

lovely katt

he thanks you and agrees I placated mr angry pants with friskies and his string toy

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

If warm sunny weather stopped it, warm sunny places wouldnt already have it. It will spread slower since everyone is spread out, bit if people just go back to normal, it will start moving far faster than it has been.

I hope it eats thru all the nursing homes down here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ebola Roulette posted:

"people die every day of everything"
"no, this is a chart of the deaths ABOVE the standard rate"
*leaves without a word to a new thread*: "people die every day of everything"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Did anyone in China try to do lockdown protests or did they just get welded inside their apartments

Heck, did anyone in NZ? It had a really stringent one

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Turtle Sandbox posted:

If warm sunny weather stopped it, warm sunny places wouldnt already have it. It will spread slower since everyone is spread out, bit if people just go back to normal, it will start moving far faster than it has been.

I hope it eats thru all the nursing homes down here.

No see they closed the beaches so people had to congregate inside Walmarts. Now that beaches are open the spread will stop! All will be well

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nodelphi posted:

Census response rate historically low in chudlandia, that can’t make republicans happy although this is hellworld so I’m sure the low response rate will result in massively decreased funding to programs to help minorities.

if the numbers are bad, the Senate just won't enact the results. there's even historical precedent for it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ebola Roulette posted:

those hospitals make 40 thousand bucks a corpse, obviously they are killing their patients for that sweet FEMA money

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Throatwarbler posted:

What are they gonna do make you go back to work at gunpoint

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/us/south-dakota-sioux-tribes/index.html

Gee I wonder how americans feel towards first nations people now...

etalian posted:

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

tribal sovereignty abolished in 5-4 decision