Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
even better they gave out some AC gear

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1258568982157762563

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Speaking of video games, Le'Veon Bell is both sponsoring and entered in a Smash Bros. online tournament. He made it out of day 1 pools, he's pretty decent! Minus being a Mega Man main...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvSzZ18_H8

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Speaking of video games, Le'Veon Bell is both sponsoring and entered in a Smash Bros. online tournament. He made it out of day 1 pools, he's pretty decent! Minus being a Mega Man main...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvSzZ18_H8

I 100% hope Bell enters Evo this year.

It's going to be a shitshow, and the more eyes on it, the better

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leveon Bell is 28 years old, what the hell classic megaman game did he even grow up with

Oh god does he like Megaman 8

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he probably grew up playing old systems and games due to not having a lot of money, and maybe an older sibling got him into it. freaking guy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

anything ps2 and earlier are classics. according to the forum rules.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Barudak posted:

Leveon Bell is 28 years old, what the hell classic megaman game did he even grow up with

He has X as his avatar, so maybe he's a MMX guy?

Or maybe he had one of the collections that's been on every system since the PS2

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Chromatic posted:

he's gonna get his rear end kicked so loving bad in indy

The Indy oline seems miles better than the Chargers’.

I think they’ll be a fun team to watch.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Barudak posted:

Besides Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends/64 would be a weird but credible answer, considering I’m around his age and it’s the game from the series I remember playing the most as a kid

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bell is old enough to have installed NESticle and downloaded the Mega Man ROMs through IRC channels.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
You know that your Smash main can have nothing to do with the games you used to play right

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

You know that your Smash main can have nothing to do with the games you used to play right

I honestly had no idea

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shirts and skins posted:

That’s hosed up.

Fox 4 lyfe.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah if your a S tier coward.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

even better they gave out some AC gear

https://twitter.com/doctorstinkmd/status/1258569235502108672?s=19

Imagine being this insecure lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I immagine most people my age found out about fire emblem from smash brothers. What's up with these random OP fantasy characters in this nintendo game? Oh well *picks Roy*

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah I guarantee all those Paluntena mains had nothing to do with Kid Icarus earlier in life

There's some obscure as hell stuff in Smash

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 9, 2020

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lmao

The Unnamed One posted:

Besides Mega Man X, Mega Man Legends/64 would be a weird but credible answer, considering I’m around his age and it’s the game from the series I remember playing the most as a kid
Hell yeah, Legends was my introduction to it and it's still my favorite

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mega Man Legends has a pedophile in its voice cast and its still the best game in the franchise

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Legends and X were what I grew up on. Oh God, I am old.

Big Beef City posted:

I honestly had no idea
On a competitive level, very few people pick a character in Smash based on their love of that character. Mega Man is a high tier character so Le'Veon must really be in the scene.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Legends and X were what I grew up on. Oh God, I am old.

You can’t be because mine is Mega Man 2 and I’m not even THAT old.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

My main in Kirby because I give no fucks about online play.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Bob Socko posted:

Just like Nintendo! :v

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Bob Socko posted:

Same. I was flabbergasted when I saw he’s considered the worst character in the game but I also only play against my kids so

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Smash is awesome just because every now and then some kid enters a big tournament playing their favorite character and beats seasoned pros who’ve min/max’d everything for two decades and it creates the largest meltdowns.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I mained Kirby til Terry came out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Smash is awesome just because every now and then some kid enters a big tournament playing their favorite character and beats seasoned pros who’ve min/max’d everything for two decades and it creates the largest meltdowns.

:hmmyes:

Just play whomever you want; tier lists only matter if the players are on the exact same skill level.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Bell is legit good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDzUVCqlYWQ

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Like that 17 year old girl playing an Isabelle who beat a pro playing Snake. That was awesome.

Love that game. And love that Bell is really into it! Doubt I'll ever be that good.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/1259207829539471360

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Too bad he didnt use that time to help his team in 2018.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I’ll ask here like I did in the broadcasting thread: who the hell is left at ESPN to even take over for MNF for either role?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

fartknocker posted:

I’ll ask here like I did in the broadcasting thread: who the hell is left at ESPN to even take over for MNF for either role?

Skip’s gonna come home

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fartknocker posted:

Well they have 14 months to figure it out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I miss the days when MNF felt like an event.

Maybe I’ll care again if they bring back these commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuAV9xht6IY

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

I miss the days when MNF felt like an event.

Maybe I’ll care again if they bring back these commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuAV9xht6IY

“Mad keytar skills” and “Hammer, don’t hurt ‘em” were classic.

I miss when ESPN was sometimes funny.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

They'll bring back Witten.

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.

wandler20 posted:

Hopefully Warford stays far away from Tampa.

gently caress it’s been a decade, but didn’t Nicks get a horrible staph infection from the Tampa locker room? That Florida staph is some nasty poo poo.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fartknocker posted:

What's Dennis Miller up to now a days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fartknocker posted:

berman/dilfer