Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I just hope they don't end up like Oblivion characters. By now, the CK2 portraits look pretty good with all the face packs, in my opinion. Jank generated potato people will be a step down.

Yeah I like the state all the updated portraits are right now. I don't think the CK3 ones are quite photo realistic as they look rather cartoony as is, it's just something that I'll have to judge in game. Would be cool if they went this route with the portraits though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My current Augustus went loving insane and started picking up all the bad traits and tanking his values, which made everybody hate him. Eventually I had to put down an independence rebellion -- and when you're ruling the Restored Roman Empire, a faction that actually can press its issues meant they were 100,000 strong. Luckily I managed to grind that one down to a White Peace.

Then since my dude was already Possessed and hated, I had him join Lucifer's Own when they came calling, because quite frankly the only way I could handle factions was to rank up and then mind-whammy powerful kings with dark satanic magic into loving me unconditionally (and also being insane). Satan regrew my missing hand, but also turned me even stupider when I hosed up a dark rite.

The whole time my heir is an omni-capable genius and I desperately want her to take over, so I'm taking every risk possible in order to get my guy dead already. I'm being obvious with my dark magic use, refusing every "go to ground" option when another buddy of mine gets burned at the stake, I appoint a guy with 0 intrigue my spymaster, I'm basically screaming SOMEONE KNIFE THIS rear end in a top hat at all my vassals. Eventually I got lucky, the "your ruler feels bad about that battle you lost a while back" event popped up, and I got to make him make the pain go away. Permanently.

Anyway, the point of all this is: man, the stories you get to tell with this game.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Whatever. Double posting, don't care, I want to share this. Remember how I said I ended up with 281 simultaneous holdings after an invasion with France that I intended to use to wipe them off of Europe, but had to stop when my vassals got frisky?

Well, this time they didn't get frisky. Ladies and gentlemen, I present: the Restored Roman Empire at war. You might notice that the warscore is already at 100%. The Emperor of Francia has already given up trying to surrender, I keep ignoring him. We are not loving around.

The end is near. Attrition, battles, sieges, and supply limits have taken their toll, but France is in much worse shape.

All done! They can keep England for now at least. Everything striped is land I've taken from them in this war.

Is 670 a record? It feels like a record.

I don't know precisely what I need for SPQR game-wise, because it's more fun to guess, but I know Roman history pretty well, and... I feel like I'm close?

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 8, 2020

megane
Jun 20, 2008

"How much of France did we conquer?" "Yes."

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I was about to ask why you censored the titles for some reason, and then I realized what I was seeing.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

For SPQR you need Britain, the rest of Spain, that one province in Morocco, a few provinces around the sea if Azov, and the rest of Mesopotamia.

And then you have to make sure no non-vassals are holding random baronies in your land, generally the Pope and the Holy Orders.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

According to the wiki, you only need to add England, Spain and that one bit of Morocco. That’s assuming there are no holy orders or the pope who aren’t your vassals.

So yeah you’re very close, especially with three centuries to go.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Keep in mind that at this point you can basically truce break for free as well, the relationship penalty doesn't affect your vassals, and the opinions of other rulers no longer really matter.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Watching the Last Kingdom got me wishing CK3 will do something to make successions a bit more interesting. In 2 you usually die out of no-where, everyone gets their titles as expected and any civil wars tend to occur a couple of years later on due to the short reign malus. There's none of the drama of people rushing to consolidate their postion as the king's health steadily declines, or the panic resulting from a young childless monarch dying without having settled the matter of succession. You just die and it all gets sorted out no problem.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Realtime nature of the game probably messes with the idea. To make it "realistic" we should probably go through series of events affecting the result. Maybe it'd work the way HoI4 peace conferences work - everybody pretend it's a turn-based game for a while. Or maybe you play as the regent for a while, but it's against the spirit of the game.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Succession is probably one of the weakest part of CK2 which is a shame because it ought to be the cornerstone of the character system.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So I bought this game a while ago and never really got into it. I thought I'd give it another shot, and see how it went. Looked at the DLC list, saw that the whole bundle was over 200 euros, and decided I was not getting all that. Old Gods seemed most my speed, so I got that one, picked the Petty Kingdom of Sjælland and set about. I decided my goal should just be to keep paganism alive, and poked around the menus and saw that I had a couple of goals. I could create the kingdom of Denmark with a few subjugations, reform Germanic paganism and adopt Feudalism. So I did all that, carving bits of Germany one province at a time, mostly with the help of the infinite supply of tribal warriors I'd get with every 500 points of prestige.

I tried declaring a Prepared War, but apparently any casus belli besides the single-province one allows every Christian to join in against you, and that was not something I could take on. I managed to take Scotland in a Great Holy War somehow. I'm still not sure how it worked out, but the mainland armies never actually shipped to Scotland and focused on loving up my German holdings. That apparently got me on the Pope's shitlist, because not much later he declared a crusade against me, and there was absolutely nothing I could do to hold off the unwashed hordes of all of mainland Europe. They took all of my lands south of the Elbe, which cost me one of my holy sites and was a total bummer.

Worse, I usurped the kingdom of Skotland, which means I'll be totally hosed when my ruler dies. I hadn't really thought about inheritance, because I'd been going through a series of getting one or no sons, which meant my heir got all my titles. Now I've got two sons and two kingdoms with different inheritance laws. I'd be fine with losing the kingdom of Skotland to one son and have a decent pagan kingdom with a Knytling on the throne, but one of the Jarls took an Irish province, and whoever inherits Skotland will also get the Jarldom of Holstein, and I will not abide ugly borders. I've finally reached the point where I need advice, and I'm just gonna toss a bunch of them out there and see what happens.

-My current strategy is to usurp the Kingdom of Ireland before I die, in the hopes that I can declare myself emperor of the north sea and let my sons inherit those kingdoms instead of ruining my borders. Then I realized I have no idea if holding three kingdoms actually means I can create an empire. Is that a thing?
-One of my Jarls converted to Christianity, and has been a real thorn in my side. This happened once before, but he quickly commited some treason, which let me strip his title and sacifice him. This one has just been hanging around for generations and preventing me from changing my succession laws without giving me cause to remove him, my seer has had no luck converting him (if that's even a thing) and I can't plot to revoke his title for reasons which are not entirely clear to me. How do I get the title back in the hands of a pagan?
-I've mostly been spending my money building up my core provinces and hiring the occasional mercenary band. Should I spending them on something else? I'm getting ~4k troops from my demesne and half that from my vassals, but when I look around, my neighbors get fewer troops from demesne and many, many more from vassals. Am I supposed to buy upgrades in vassal provinces, too?
-France and Germany have been frustratingly stable and keep growing bigger to the south of me. I haven't picked a fight since the crusade, but they're both growing faster than I am. Germany has even reformed from East Francia and have quashed multiple massive rebellions but are still in one piece. I need to take them down a peg, because outside of Sweden, the Scandinavian peninsula is a horrible quilt of counties they've conquered and fragmented viking nations. Is there a way I can gently caress them up and cause them to break into manageable chunks?
-Is there any way to stave off a crusade when the Christians outnumber the Norse three to one? Do I just need to resign myself to losing a chunk of land whenever the Pope decides I'm a bigger threat than the Muslims, who incidentally control almost all of Spain?
-How exactly are you supposed to spread your bloodline across the world? I've arranged some marriages, but those all lead to the spouse moving into my court, or my child being shipped off and having kids of a different dynasty.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

-My current strategy is to usurp the Kingdom of Ireland before I die, in the hopes that I can declare myself emperor of the north sea and let my sons inherit those kingdoms instead of ruining my borders. Then I realized I have no idea if holding three kingdoms actually means I can create an empire. Is that a thing?
The Charlemagne DLC lets you make an empire out of whatever giant pile of land you might have, at the cost of a whopping 8000 prestige. Outside of that, and a few specific empires created by decision, you need 80% of an existing de jure empire (there's a map mode to show this).

quote:

-One of my Jarls converted to Christianity, and has been a real thorn in my side. This happened once before, but he quickly commited some treason, which let me strip his title and sacifice him. This one has just been hanging around for generations and preventing me from changing my succession laws without giving me cause to remove him, my seer has had no luck converting him (if that's even a thing) and I can't plot to revoke his title for reasons which are not entirely clear to me. How do I get the title back in the hands of a pagan?
There are several ways; here are a few. You could have his heir educated by a pagan (e.g. yourself) with the Faith focus. You can just straight up revoke the title (right click on him) -- if you don't have a reason you'll be considered a tyrant, but maybe you don't care. You can alternately 1) find a reason to imprison him, for instance by spying on him, 2) try to imprison him and fail, causing him to rebel, 3) kick his rear end in war, causing him to be imprisoned and giving you an excuse to revoke.

quote:

-I've mostly been spending my money building up my core provinces and hiring the occasional mercenary band. Should I spending them on something else? I'm getting ~4k troops from my demesne and half that from my vassals, but when I look around, my neighbors get fewer troops from demesne and many, many more from vassals. Am I supposed to buy upgrades in vassal provinces, too?
I never do. You get roughly 30% of your vassals' troops, so if you build them stuff you're only getting 30% of the value... and you gave the vassal more troops to rebel with later. If you want to sink a giant lump of gold into something, you can always build and upgrade a second castle in your capital.

quote:

-France and Germany have been frustratingly stable and keep growing bigger to the south of me. I haven't picked a fight since the crusade, but they're both growing faster than I am. Germany has even reformed from East Francia and have quashed multiple massive rebellions but are still in one piece. I need to take them down a peg, because outside of Sweden, the Scandinavian peninsula is a horrible quilt of counties they've conquered and fragmented viking nations. Is there a way I can gently caress them up and cause them to break into manageable chunks?
I've never found a reliable way, it's one of the main things I wish CK2 had more options for. Murdering their leaders repeatedly can make a difference -- get an infant or a horrible monster everyone hates on the throne, maybe there will be some rebellions.

quote:

-Is there any way to stave off a crusade when the Christians outnumber the Norse three to one? Do I just need to resign myself to losing a chunk of land whenever the Pope decides I'm a bigger threat than the Muslims, who incidentally control almost all of Spain?
It's kinda hard to stop the Catholic steamroller once they get going. Sorry I can't be more help on that front; mostly in my experience they bash their heads against Egypt forever.

quote:

-How exactly are you supposed to spread your bloodline across the world? I've arranged some marriages, but those all lead to the spouse moving into my court, or my child being shipped off and having kids of a different dynasty.
Kids of a marriage are part of the "main" spouse's dynasty; usually that's the groom, but you can make matrilineal marriages where the kids are of the bride's dynasty. So marry your daughters matrilineally if you want dynastic grandkids. Now, people in line to inherit poo poo won't usually agree to marriages that would lose the title to another dynasty. However, you can try marrying one of your dynasts to some patsy who's a little down the succession line. He'll be more likely to accept, since he doesn't think he'll inherit. And then, what a tragedy, everyone ahead of him in line mysteriously dies, the patsy becomes King of France, and now all his heirs are of your dynasty.

megane fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 12, 2020

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you're reformed Germanic then you should be able to directly demand him to convert, it's in the right click menu. You'll need >35 relations.

The target of each Crusade is picked based on this weighted list. Basically, you'll keep getting Crusades called against you for taking parts of Germany, but you can fly under the radar by constraining yourself to eastern Europe and the British isles, which are weighted lower than places like Jerusalem and Egypt.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Isn't it possible to call in allies to counter-crusade? Also, try to 'liberate' Stettin so the Jomsviking pagan holy order will spawn.

E: or Wolgast, Rügen or Werle, and it's gotta be 920 or later.

Tias fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 12, 2020

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

megane posted:

The Charlemagne DLC lets you make an empire out of whatever giant pile of land you might have, at the cost of a whopping 8000 prestige. Outside of that, and a few specific empires created by decision, you need 80% of an existing de jure empire (there's a map mode to show this).

Huh. Guess I'll have to get that DLC. I can totally get to 8000 prestige if I try, I bet. I did see the de jure empire, and Scandinavia is both a shitton of provinces and all pagan, so that was never part of my plan.

megane posted:

There are several ways; here are a few. You could have his heir educated by a pagan (e.g. yourself) with the Faith focus. You can just straight up revoke the title (right click on him) -- if you don't have a reason you'll be considered a tyrant, but maybe you don't care. You can alternately 1) find a reason to imprison him, for instance by spying on him, 2) try to imprison him and fail, causing him to rebel, 3) kick his rear end in war, causing him to be imprisoned and giving you an excuse to revoke.

Various Meat Products posted:

If you're reformed Germanic then you should be able to directly demand him to convert, it's in the right click menu. You'll need >35 relations.

I've tried most of that. He stubbornly refuses to give me any cause to act against him, and converting hasn't panned out because he and his family are Zealous as hell. He also won't allow me to pick a guardian for his kids, I'm assuming because he's the kid's direct liege. I guess I can do a little tyranny.

megane posted:

I never do. You get roughly 30% of your vassals' troops, so if you build them stuff you're only getting 30% of the value... and you gave the vassal more troops to rebel with later. If you want to sink a giant lump of gold into something, you can always build and upgrade a second castle in your capital.

I've never found a reliable way, it's one of the main things I wish CK2 had more options for. Murdering their leaders repeatedly can make a difference -- get an infant or a horrible monster everyone hates on the throne, maybe there will be some rebellions.

It's kinda hard to stop the Catholic steamroller once they get going. Sorry I can't be more help on that front; mostly in my experience they bash their heads against Egypt forever.

Yeah, that's all as I expected. Bavaria and Aquitaine seem to have gotten bigger since I last checked, so there's some hope there! Germany has gone through like three generations of Ill-Rulers and Unreadies, and so far it has done little to slow them down.

Various Meat Products posted:

The target of each Crusade is picked based on this weighted list. Basically, you'll keep getting Crusades called against you for taking parts of Germany, but you can fly under the radar by constraining yourself to eastern Europe and the British isles, which are weighted lower than places like Jerusalem and Egypt.

Hm, that does make sense. I guess I have a fair amount of work ahead of me carving up the British Isles and cleaning out the Catholics from Scandinavia. Also Egypt is held by the ironically titled Kingdom of Jerusalem, while the actual kingdom of Jerusalem is held by the Abbasids. I guess that does make Islam less of a priority for the pope than it tends to be.

Tias posted:

Isn't it possible to call in allies to counter-crusade? Also, try to 'liberate' Stettin so the Jomsviking pagan holy order will spawn.

E: or Wolgast, Rügen or Werle, and it's gotta be 920 or later.

Oh yeah, the three-to-one thing is with all the Germanic Pagans backing me up. The Jormsvikings are also around and have been a big help.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
If you have the jade dragon dlc and are somehow in diplomatic range and have some relics to flog to the Chinese, you could request they invade. It's expensive, but they completely crushed and shattered egypt for me, which is making my Irish Jerusalem game a lot easier!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've tried most of that. He stubbornly refuses to give me any cause to act against him, and converting hasn't panned out because he and his family are Zealous as hell. He also won't allow me to pick a guardian for his kids, I'm assuming because he's the kid's direct liege. I guess I can do a little tyranny.

Zealots will never convert, regardless of relations. Time to fall back on plan A and stab him along with his entire family.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think you have this option as a tribal pagan, but there is eventually a title revocation law which allows you free revocations against heretics. if you're feudal and reformed, check your kingdom laws to see if you can change revocation policy

in your situation just murder him, either through intrigue or constantly piss him off and challenge him to duels - assuming that, as germanic, you are in the warrior society and are an axe wielding lunatic, as you should be. or is warrior society gated in the holy fury dlc?

e: also never invest in your vassal holdings unless you plan to make them your holdings sooner rather than later, the cost isn't worth it and you're basically just making your vassals more prone to not obeying you

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 12, 2020

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
What DLC do you need to reform paganism? Is it in the base game? Can you refer any pagan religion?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Pretty sure it's always been in the base game, or at least was patched in at some point.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you need old gods to unlock some pagans and holy fury to unlock others. you get basic reformation with the base game but holy fury makes reformation more fun. i think other pagans need other dlc, like to get tibet you need the china dlc and horse lords dlc for nomads

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I was Western Slavic in my first run. I switched to Catholic fairly early, but could I have reformed? How do you know where the holy sites are?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
on the religion mapmode if you click in to yourself or some other realm with your religion, holy site provinces will be highlighted. you need 750 piety and either 3/5 holy sites with 50%+ moral authority, or all five holy sites. this basically turns you into a big boy religion and with holy fury you can pick some reform beliefs like matriarchy or heart-eating and other wild stuff

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I'm pretty sure both Old Gods (and Holy Fury) unlock all religions in the Pagan group since that's how it was advertised, and later pagans like the Zunists and Bon were made backwards compatible with Old Gods. Bon's also unlocked by Jade Dragon, but isn't needed if you have Old Gods.

The reformation mechanic was added with Old Gods since that's what made pagans playable, but the reformed version of the religion was set in stone in terms of its effects. The new system where you pick your reforms was part of Old Gods.

You can see the holy sites of a religion on the religion screen at the end of the menu bar at the top left, or if you clikc on a province on the religion map mode, it will highlight the holy sites of the owner's religion.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So it turns out that you can revoke titles from infidels and you'll get little to no relationship damage with true believers. That's pretty good to know!

I was not able to raise the 8000 prestige, and now Skotland and Irland are a pretty ugly patchwork thing, but fortunately the crusade decided to head for Egypt this time, which meant that that was a perfect time to declare a Great Holy War for England. Now I'm big enough to declare an empire without holding three kingdoms, so I just need to amass the required prestige with my significantly younger current king.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that's not a hard target of prestige to hit if you do the proper germanic thing, which is to constantly sack rome

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You can also just convert to an already organized religion to get quicker access to feudalism and get a CB on all of your pagan neighbors. That's always on the table if you're not married to your pagan mechanics.

Reveilled posted:

The reformation mechanic was added with Old Gods since that's what made pagans playable, but the reformed version of the religion was set in stone in terms of its effects. The new system where you pick your reforms was part of Holy Fury.

Fixed that for you. Otherwise, good advice.

I'm sure somebody can repost the rundown of which DLCs are more worth it than others, but there's also the wiki page that can be handy.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

SlothfulCobra posted:

You can also just convert to an already organized religion to get quicker access to feudalism and get a CB on all of your pagan neighbors. That's always on the table if you're not married to your pagan mechanics.

As a fun bonus, if you do this you can even convert back in a few different ways, or just do it late in your character's life, so that when you kick the bucket your still-pagan heir can quietly swap all back all the statues of Jesus for statues of Freyr and pretend none of that ever happened.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
New CK3 developer diary on Map scope
More of Eastern Europe, more of Africa, more of Tibet. And also Mongolia and Burma.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

SlothfulCobra posted:

Fixed that for you. Otherwise, good advice.

I'm sure somebody can repost the rundown of which DLCs are more worth it than others, but there's also the wiki page that can be handy.

Thanks for the correction! That was what I meant to type but welp, it wasn't what I actually wrote.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Dwesa posted:

More of Eastern Europe, more of Africa, more of Tibet. And also Mongolia and Burma.

I'm not sure I can get much more excited for this, to be honest. The map extensions sound great, and I was very excited to see that culture map. I'm really looking forward to this.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The only thing that seems kinda bad is special buildings vs great works. They just seem a lot more limiting than allowing you the ability to make your own.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

catlord posted:

I'm not sure I can get much more excited for this, to be honest. The map extensions sound great, and I was very excited to see that culture map. I'm really looking forward to this.

Only Cisalpine culture and no Transalpine culture is problematic.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The only things I particularly had on my wishlist for the map was Fraxinet and some kind of event to create the Swiss. Maybe big subsaharan African states with coastal counties should have an event where they can send an expedition to America, never to return unless the Aztecs attack.

I do worry about that mountain texture they have, since all those shadows don't look great from a distance, and they kinda blend with the text.

Eimi posted:

The only thing that seems kinda bad is special buildings vs great works. They just seem a lot more limiting than allowing you the ability to make your own.

They might still have great works (and they might end up adding great works separately later). I think what really will determine how much game feel the unique buildings give the game will be heavily dependent on the building system as a whole. I always had issues with CK2 where there were like 10-20 buildings in every province, each that gave small bonuses that you can only start to feel after like a century, so it was just a lot of details I couldn't keep track of.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

luxury handset posted:

that's not a hard target of prestige to hit if you do the proper germanic thing, which is to constantly sack rome

I have yet to sack Rome, but I did sack enough Catholics to hit 8k. Unfortunately, earlier the same year, my ruler fell Incapable, which prevents you from creating an empire.

I managed to hit the target on my heir, when I noticed that Germany had converted to the Orthodox chuch, and thus would not have the backing of the Catholic church if I just took the whole drat country.

Now I'm an emperor and way above my vassal limit, which means constant rebellions. I've given away all the Kingdoms I have, but I need to usurp Germany to get below the limit, which can only happen when both they and I are at peace. So far, it hasn't panned out.

Also, my vassal kingdoms do not respect my desire for pretty borders. Now I also hold a single province in France, as well as a couple chunks of the Netherlands.

If I want to export this playthrough to EUIV, do I get the option to pretty up my borders first? I'll happily give up the empire and go in with a bunch of pagan kingdoms, but ugly borders are a no-no.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

McGavin posted:

Only Cisalpine culture and no Transalpine culture is problematic.

New thread title! We’re well overdue one now.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Dwesa posted:

Wonder if this means they'll have some form of interaction with China from the start.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Probably in the form of events or decisions.

People often forget that a lot of stuff added by expansions was in the game from the beginning. So it's not like before expansions you had no plague, no Mongols, no lifestyles, no stargazing, no council interactions. It was all there but in a simpler form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah although honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they did have China active as a simplified off-map empire - maybe not with the full set of Jade Dragon interactions, but just as a system they can build on later, since they know it's the kind of thing they might want. The big thing about making a sequel is they have a much better idea of what the potential future feature set would be based on CK2's development so they can build in support for them from the beginning rather than having to hack it all in later.