Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

doomrider7 posted:

Which were...?

The argument between Tanjirou and Muzan is one of the arguments behind the series--people fight against evil so that others do not have to bear the burdens that they suffered. Muzan accuses Tanjirou of being selfish for trying to live but ultimately, this is a refutation of selfishness, as the ideology of the demon slayers was one of selflessness for the good of others, laying down their lives so that others wouldn't be dragged into this horrible feud with Muzan and his demons. It's about the ideal attitudes for fighting injustice, arguing against the idea that "if I had to deal with it, you should too!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
muzan was never exactly a skilled manipulator. he didn't have enough interest in other people to ever bother. that his last ditch attempt was ineffective is perfectly reasonable.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sindai posted:

I think all of KnY is great, though it could still be better with more room to breathe (especially this last bit.)

KnY retained a strong narrative core to me, so ultimately I just kind of shrug my loving shoulders at poo poo like the blade colors. That stuff isn't why I read the manga. Some more breathing room here and there would have been nice, largely for pillar development, but it is what it is.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
that was very nice chapter.

they showed backstories after each demon died about how they let regret and revenge turn them into demons and tanjirou, through the support of his friends and family, embraces atonement and forgiveness instead and does not turn into a demon. if you missed out on it being laid out over the course of the manga the whole chapter states it in very succinct dialogue and even less subtle visuals i dont know how you did it!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Professorjuggalo posted:

I felt bad comparing end game kny to bleach but in hindsight it’s more than apt, if you took every good bit from this manga you’d get around the same amount of manga the soul society got (and everyone expects the anime to make it better)

lol no not even close

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
To suggest KnY is similar to Bleach is seriously underselling how hilariously drawn out Bleach was for over 5 years.

For comparison: the final arc of Naruto, the super duper ninja war, was probably the most bleach-paced arc in the series, and Bleach was STILL worse than that.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Not sure of the accuracy of this (from something called Weekly Bunshun)

https://twitter.com/RainSpectre/status/1255627364395958274

https://twitter.com/RainSpectre/status/1255635056153919489

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe she's been dealing with family issues for some time now?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's unfortunate. I hope her family situation improves.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope things work out for them smoothly.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oof, that sucks and would also explain a lot, particularly if this has been an ongoing thing. I hope she made some good bank off the series to alleviate any financial concerns from this situation.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

She has to leave to return to her family's home and won't be able to live as a Mangaka in Tokyo for a long time. It didn't mention her parents, just that she has some family circumstances.

Sounds like she's either pregnant or has to care for a family member.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Still a week out from the final chapter, but so far I think this has wrapped up pretty well considering the time constraints. Hopefully her family "circumstances" aren't anything bad and she is successful in her future endeavors.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
She's doing them hard drugs

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Zzulu posted:

She's doing them hard drugs

Smoking all the Wisteria.

It keeps the demons away :tinfoil:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That sucks.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember this info is from a tabloid. So don't take it as gospel yet.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mr. Fowl posted:

The argument between Tanjirou and Muzan is one of the arguments behind the series--people fight against evil so that others do not have to bear the burdens that they suffered. Muzan accuses Tanjirou of being selfish for trying to live but ultimately, this is a refutation of selfishness, as the ideology of the demon slayers was one of selflessness for the good of others, laying down their lives so that others wouldn't be dragged into this horrible feud with Muzan and his demons. It's about the ideal attitudes for fighting injustice, arguing against the idea that "if I had to deal with it, you should too!"

Vhak lord of hate posted:

that was very nice chapter.

they showed backstories after each demon died about how they let regret and revenge turn them into demons and tanjirou, through the support of his friends and family, embraces atonement and forgiveness instead and does not turn into a demon. if you missed out on it being laid out over the course of the manga the whole chapter states it in very succinct dialogue and even less subtle visuals i dont know how you did it!

Yeah those were never particularly subtle so I got them. Just...something never stopped being off since those just feel like they could apply and be found in just about EVERY fantasy shonen manga.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is there going to be an issue of Jump this week?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

doomrider7 posted:

Yeah those were never particularly subtle so I got them. Just...something never stopped being off since those just feel like they could apply and be found in just about EVERY fantasy shonen manga.

No, it can't.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nanigans posted:

Is there going to be an issue of Jump this week?

Yes

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
There is a next chapter?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Schneider Heim posted:

There is a next chapter?

There is a chapter this week(Chapter 204) and 205 will be the final one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well that's a last panel

Easy to forget sometimes that this is the twenties

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Oh snap that final page.

I told yall bout that time jump, I TOLD YOU.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think it's a time jump, like I said it's the twenties already, They could have just gone too New York

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There is something kinda grimly funny about the crew being like "Alright! Japan is now safe from this existential threat and we can live in peace!!" right before the Taisho era ends.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fabricated posted:

There is something kinda grimly funny about the crew being like "Alright! Japan is now safe from this existential threat and we can live in peace!!" right before the Taisho era ends.

Atomic bombs will be dropped on Japan in only 25 years at most. What a mindfuck.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

good of zenitsu to still be the worst, nearly mineta-level annoying

"Blehhh putting flowers on all these graaaaaves"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

good of zenitsu to still be the worst, nearly mineta-level annoying

"Blehhh putting flowers on all these graaaaaves"
And the cheek to tell Inosuke that he wouldn't be as respectful. Like spare me the bullshit, thunder boy. <:mad:>

On the other hand, this makes me sad that we're just finding out that Nezuko is just as nice (and not to mention the same kind of dweeb) as her brother feels like a missed opportunity. :sadwave:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Good thing our good boys and girl are going to be locked in an interment camp in the united states instead of massacring nanjing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i strongly suspect the final chapter will be about yushiro, after an extended time skip. the rest of the cast lived and died as humans long ago.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm glad Kanao was OK too.

I'm going to say that the ending is going to be a retelling of how everyone went back their normal lives as humans for now and died peacefully.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alder posted:

I'm glad Kanao was OK too.

I'm going to say that the ending is going to be a retelling of how everyone went back their normal lives as humans for now and died peacefully.

Well All the kids with the mark dont have much to go anyways. Tanjiro will die long before everyone else.
Theyre def going to be dead by the time the future rolls along, maybe Nezuko is like a great grandma potato or something

also how did inosuke turn into a potat
he potat

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 11, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You know, I think this is still the best action shounen finale in 10 years (since FMA). After all:

1. The main villain was not bested by the power of friendship or some other bullshit
2. Everyone did not come out unscathed and lived happily ever after. In fact,
3. More than half of the big cast perished to stop Muzan and his Moons.
4. The survivors did not get completely magically healed (Kanao and Tanjiro are blind in one eye, Tanjiro's restored arm is vestigal, Giyu and Uzui still miss an arm, etc)
5. Muzan never got redeemed and remained a piece of poo poo to the very end

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Grouchio posted:

You know, I think this is still the best action shounen finale in 10 years (since FMA). After all:

1. The main villain was not bested by the power of friendship or some other bullshit

was literally ultimately bested by the power of friendship with everyone's friendship metaphorically pulling tanjiro from the clutches of muzan

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The finale was fine, but the unfortunate crunch that happened to get there made it less impactful. It feels like a good hundred chapters of the story was cut out.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Patware posted:

was literally ultimately bested by the power of friendship with everyone's friendship metaphorically pulling tanjiro from the clutches of muzan

Whatever Tanjiro may have dreamed, in this chapter they just mentioned that it was because he bit Nezuko, a recovered demon, and she had antibodies in her blood. Is it the most rock-solid science? Nope. But still.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, it feels like we missed something like 2-3 arcs. It turned out pretty well all things given though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I would have liked more but at least it didn't overstay its welcome which is more than I can say for other series