Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I love that Robin finally has another mature adult to hang out with. I want a spread of her and Jinbe calmly drinking tea or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I have a bad feeling that the announcement Kaido keeps talking about is his son marrying Pudding. That isn't cool at all.

Brook instead of Robin jumping on the back of Franky's bike was, however, amazing.

Luffy's greatest trait is his constant near nonsensical nicknaming of people and then acting like everyone just knows who he's talking about.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

To be fair, the older members (Brook, Franky, Robin) of the crew are content to let Luffy does as he pleases. Especially Robin.

Robin is fine letting her boys have a good time, she knows they can punch people out good.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I've seen a lot of people complaining that Pound is alive, but it makes me really happy he finally gets to meet his daughters :unsmith:

no one's ever really gone

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CodfishCartographer posted:

I love that Robin finally has another mature adult to hang out with. I want a spread of her and Jinbe calmly drinking tea or something.

cover art: Jinbe and Robin drinking tea while Robin thinks of cute things.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is it available anywhere else that link is dead

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Jose posted:

Is it available anywhere else that link is dead

The official version should be up on Sunday anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's never stopped anyone from wanting to read it early before

E: I think this is the ch? https://imgur.com/a/fH7bcLb

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 9, 2020

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Do we know a Yamato in this comic? I feel like I've heard that name before it dropped in this chapter

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Parrotine posted:

Do we know a Yamato in this comic? I feel like I've heard that name before it dropped in this chapter

Nope. Seems to be a new character, unless it's the real name of a current one.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 9, 2020

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
This chapter makes me realize how little I care about any of Kaido's 74 named underlings who will not matter in 2 chapters.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch. so many moving parts. first finale with everyone together since punk hazard (kinda; franky was outside but got some action anyway.)

that marriage set up sounds plausible for sure. could also be his declaration of war against the world government. since Luffy is kinda putting an end to that almost for free, and it's a shame if all that prep work is for nothing, maybe there's a marine angle to this arc via Drake X.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Isn’t Drake part of a secret marine spec ops team?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
X Darke is a part of Sword, yes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah he's revolver ocelot

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
He's a deep cover dino agent.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ryaomon posted:

This chapter makes me realize how little I care about any of Kaido's 74 named underlings who will not matter in 2 chapters.

Not me, I instantly fall in love with all of Oda's goofy background chaff villains. Big Mom's kids that only had one panel of screentime? All those ninjas that chased Robin and Nami around? I care for them all deeply, and I cannot wait to see them again.

The main characters are okay, but the background randos are where Oda's ability to design characters really shines.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Begemot posted:

Not me, I instantly fall in love with all of Oda's goofy background chaff villains. Big Mom's kids that only had one panel of screentime? All those ninjas that chased Robin and Nami around? I care for them all deeply, and I cannot wait to see them again.

The main characters are okay, but the background randos are where Oda's ability to design characters really shines.

Remember when Oda casually dropped that Big Mom has 85 kids, and any reasonable person would assume "Well we'll see like 30 of them at best, right?"

Nope. Oda designed 85 new characters, most of them of varying races and ages. All of them named, most of them direct siblings with one another. All because he decided "I want this villain to have a lot of kids."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Remember when Oda casually dropped that Big Mom has 85 kids, and any reasonable person would assume "Well we'll see like 30 of them at best, right?"

Nope. Oda designed 85 new characters, most of them of varying races and ages. All of them named, most of them direct siblings with one another. All because he decided "I want this villain to have a lot of kids."
That's something that Kubo would've done during Bleach in a new arc just because he thought of some really cool costumes he wanted to draw

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

That's something that Kubo would've done during Bleach in a new arc just because he thought of some really cool costumes he wanted to draw

Then he'd start what seems like a vague plot line with half of them and forget about it when he came up with another power for Ichigo.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Remember the screw-up with Pudding's age?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the ages were fine flampe was just the 33rd daughter to pudding's 35th despite flampe being younger. but they fixed it and flampe is 36th now

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

oddium posted:

the ages were fine flampe was just the 33rd daughter to pudding's 35th despite flampe being younger. but they fixed it and flampe is 36th now

To be clear, it was retconned because with the original numbers given people connected the dots and realized pudding was underage.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i was looking for the sbs with it but instead i found this

sbs posted:

D: In the corner of page 58 of volume 83, is Nami wearing armor? Is that just a sign of how much she fears an Emperor of the Sea? And the way she takes it off in an instant is super impressive!!

O: Uh, that was her gear from fighting the sea ants the night before. She changed because they reached the island. And now, we're out of time! See you in the SBS next volume!!

if this guy from 4 years ago could apologize to me for my v funny and correct posts that'd be good

Advice posted:

Are you proud of this post? Nami is literally in a different panel on the same spread wearing something completely different. Thanks for the post, though.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Julias posted:

X Darke is a part of Sword, yes.

Which is worth paying attention to because it means he's not just a Marine - he's with the heroic Marines. There's a non-zero chance a nastier faction of the World Government will also show up and make the situation even more chaotic.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Darth Walrus posted:

Which is worth paying attention to because it means he's not just a Marine - he's with the heroic Marines. There's a non-zero chance a nastier faction of the World Government will also show up and make the situation even more chaotic.

Like Cipher Pol Aegis 0?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Newest chapter is officially out https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-979/chapter/20477?action=read

Break next week as well

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man I like Wano a lot, but unlike Whole Cake where I could keep track of the Big Mom officers, these Kaidou people just slide right out of my head the second they go offscreen.

And they keep introducing more

E: I also continue to question what the actual plan here is, having established quite clearly in the whole cake and here that our boys and girls absolutely are not capable of taking down Mom or Kaidou, and now they are both here, plus all their brass.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 10, 2020

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Rody One Half posted:

E: I also continue to question what the actual plan here is, having established quite clearly in the whole cake and here that our boys and girls absolutely are not capable of taking down Mom or Kaidou, and now they are both here, plus all their brass.

they have zoro now though

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

You forgot the giant leather daddy who turns into a pteranodon?

Can't relate.

I love that Robin now has a proper responsible adult friend in Jimbei :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rody One Half posted:

Man I like Wano a lot, but unlike Whole Cake where I could keep track of the Big Mom officers, these Kaidou people just slide right out of my head the second they go offscreen.

Big same. In my head it's Kaido, Orochi, Kanjuro, and "big number of people, half animal? one's a spy"

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Big Mom didn’t bring all her brass; Katakuri and Cracker are still in Totto Land. Plus the Straw Hats have a bunch of other strong people on their side, and some of the Straw Hats have gotten stronger too.

The fundamental problem of taking on Kaidou and Big Mom at the same time remains, though. On the other hand, the current NPMS Alliance could definitely beat either Emperor crew alone without too much difficulty.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I like the girl who keeps trying to talk fancy.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I love how Kaido doesn't give a poo poo about Ulti's back-sass and is even willing to admit she has some points. He's a surprisingly reasonable boss for an Emperor.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm still pretty confident that the kaido/big mom alliance isn't going to last. no idea what'll instigate it falling apart though so it's still gonna be a real fun situation to see play out

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ThingOne posted:

I love how Kaido doesn't give a poo poo about Ulti's back-sass and is even willing to admit she has some points. He's a surprisingly reasonable boss for an Emperor.

He is definitely the most laid-back villain we've had so far. Just kind of going over his schedule and chatting with his subordinates. Not the kind of arbitrarily evil or assholish villains you often get in One Piece, it's a nice change of pace.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Bean soup sucks.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Caidin posted:

Bean soup sucks.

i've never had it but i trust my friend queen to have good taste

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm still pretty confident that the kaido/big mom alliance isn't going to last. no idea what'll instigate it falling apart though so it's still gonna be a real fun situation to see play out

I feel like poo poo's gonna be ultra tense, but through diplomacy and well-timed proposals and food, it'll all be going well until they're just about to sign something, then Luffy's going to punch a cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think the alliance will hold but it's gonna require the whitebeard pirates to hold off the majority of big moms crew. isnt the big mom ship still on the way to onigashima? and arent the the WB pirates also on the way? would make sense that they cross paths. oda doesnt care for sense tho.