Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
And leaving the scorpion alive led to a pretty sweet side-CYOA. all in all I think that was job well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

scorpion cyoa was a real treat

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Don't forget My First Arson. :3:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I hope he did eat that stupid horse

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Azuth0667 posted:

Horse: the gateway meat to cannibalism

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Azuth0667 posted:

I hope they both found where the sun rises and its actually Azz's party palace and they're doomed to party hard and take lots of drugs with the goatman and jael and the hot melachim who get down with mortals till the end of time.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

We still haven't felt Igal die, on-screen at least, so if he's survived the last 6 months he might actually have enough experience surviving in the Grasslands to have a shot?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crazycryodude posted:

We still haven't felt Igal die, on-screen at least, so if he's survived the last 6 months he might actually have enough experience surviving in the Grasslands to have a shot?

He's going to come back hella-jacked and with a herd of horses that don't die the minute they step into Ur.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Man, Enkidel's memory is terrifying to think about. He remembers Igal's dad, and the lunch he ate on the day he first met Igal's grandfather, and the lunch Asahel ate on the day Igal was born. He can immediately recall that information on demand. Weirdo. Weeeeiiiiiirrrrddooooo.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It's only the lunches he remembers though. With the strength of HUNGER you can remember dinners and breakfast and snacks too

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Slaan posted:

It's only the lunches he remembers though. With the strength of HUNGER you can remember dinners and breakfast and snacks too

With HUNGER, wouldn't it all be one meal that neither began nor ends?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That's why you remember it :thejoke:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Slaan posted:

Five hundred and sixty three days ago we had food (three loaves of bread, a dozen eggs and a bucket of orange juice), then more food (eight beef sandwiches and five handfuls of fried potato), then more food (half a roasted sheep). This was in Acco and between all that some poo poo happened with some giants and a big flame. Oh, and the sandwich had pickles on it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Outrail posted:

Five hundred and sixty three days ago we had food (three loaves of bread, a dozen eggs and a bucket of orange juice), then more food (eight beef sandwiches and five handfuls of fried potato), then more food (half a roasted sheep). This was in Acco and between all that some poo poo happened with some giants and a big flame. Oh, and the sandwich had pickles on it.

In an alternate playthrough, Enkidel somehow becomes a food blogger.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yafa was the best and I hope somehow her next child breaks free of its pen and crosses the length of Ur just to find us, somehow immune to Ur's anti-horse field.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Yafa the horse outsmarted Enkidel.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Sure but anybody who really knows him shouldn't be surprised, she's a very smart horse

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MinistryofLard posted:

Yafa the horse outsmarted Enkidel.

People who know of Enkidel: Wow! That's amazing!

People who know Enkidel: I once watched him mix a Jello packet in his mouth. Outsmarting him is not a high bar to clear.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Enkidel is definitely smarter than a horse. But not necessarily every horse.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

Enkidel is definitely smarter than a horse. But not necessarily every horse.

Enkidel got stuck in a door.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

A friend sent a link to this thread in January, and I've been reading ever since. Finally caught up on all 500+ pages of Diog's posts! What an adventure, I'm glad Enki isn't dead yet so I can vote.

Worst decision: Toss up between Billy and Chait. I understand wanting to prove you don't have to breathe, but those consequences were awful. And Azzazel still hasn't forgiven us :cry:. Chait is whatever, we're going to Seir in a few years (right??) it was just dumb since we could have literally said nothing and it would have ben fine because we didn't kill the woman.

Crackpot theory: This is a hard one, since I only read Diog's posts I don't know what's been discussed or debunked or is otherwise common knowledge. El is the one true God, of course. The Mountain is a giant soulstone that powers El's ominpotence/power over Ur. We could one day be like Amos and Amok, if we bide our time and get some El-damned answers about the world from the aliens or Earth mother or anyone since Ish ain't gonna say poo poo.

I've missed a ton of artwork, I'm sure. Carine Tools still cracks me up thinking about it.

Goons, what have I missed in the last 6.66k pages?

CloFan fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 12, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Apparently that El is real, and strong, and our friend. (Eh maybe not that last part)

E: DAVID I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

CloFan posted:

Crackpot theory: This is a hard one, since I only read Diog's posts I don't know what's been discussed or debunked or is otherwise common knowledge. El doesn't exist, of course, but we can't let anyone else know we know that. The Mountain is a giant soulstone that powers Ea's ominpotence/power over Ur. We could one day be like Amos and Amok, if we bide our time and get some El-damned answers about the world from the aliens or Earth mother or anyone since Ish ain't gonna say poo poo.

I've missed a ton of artwork, I'm sure. Carine Tools still cracks me up thinking about it.

El is real. We've been personally rebuked by him before for making inappropriate sacrifices and for praying for the Orm. Other stuff has happened too, but anyway the idea that there isn't an El or Ea or El-Ea or whatever is crazy talk given everything we've seen. The rest of it sounds as plausible as any of the other weird poo poo we think up and can't confirm.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

John_A_Tallon posted:

El is real. We've been personally rebuked by him before for making inappropriate sacrifices and for praying for the Orm. Other stuff has happened too, but anyway the idea that there isn't an El or Ea or El-Ea or whatever is crazy talk given everything we've seen. The rest of it sounds as plausible as any of the other weird poo poo we think up and can't confirm.

Or someone wearing the El suit rebuked us.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Right, maybe the point is semantics but the religion is a sham

unless we talk about a heretical leanings via grouptext in case they're reading our mind

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The mask is the face.

Even if you're willing to entertain this obviously fake concept, by wearing the "El mask" whoever is "underneath" has destroyed whatever attributes they may have had and assumed only El attributes. Can't act or even think as not-El or everyone would know, all the beings at that level can tell from your metabrain hyperwaves.

El is El in a utilitarian sense that he does only El-stuff. But also in his substance, not merely in his image, as if someone were trying to fake it.

If some being could in any way pretend to be El how could it have any similarity to "a fox, but a god?" Even "the ideal trickster" couldn't cut it. The only thing that could be big and powerful enough to pretend to be El would literally be El by virtue of this incredible might and spiritual hugeness.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

CloFan posted:

A friend sent a link to this thread in January, and I've been reading ever since. Finally caught up on all 500+ pages of Diog's posts! What an adventure, I'm glad Enki isn't dead yet so I can vote.

Worst decision: Toss up between Billy and Chait. I understand wanting to prove you don't have to breathe, but those consequences were awful. And Azzazel still hasn't forgiven us :cry:. Chait is whatever, we're going to Seir in a few years (right??) it was just dumb since we could have literally said nothing and it would have ben fine because we didn't kill the woman.

Crackpot theory: This is a hard one, since I only read Diog's posts I don't know what's been discussed or debunked or is otherwise common knowledge. El doesn't exist, of course, but we can't let anyone else know we know that. The Mountain is a giant soulstone that powers Ea's ominpotence/power over Ur. We could one day be like Amos and Amok, if we bide our time and get some El-damned answers about the world from the aliens or Earth mother or anyone since Ish ain't gonna say poo poo.

We seriously considered jerking off a goat and drinking our dog's piss. Voting to freeze the gebebans undergorund in a stasis chamber was considered. Judas thread?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Someone post the artwork of Enkidel drinking dog piss, please

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

You've missed multiple instances of arguing again and again over chait, indor, sandwhiches, breathing and all the other greatest hits.

And the occasional mini cyoa from other posters during a downtime.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 11, 2020

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Polgas posted:

You've missed multiple instances of arguing again and again over chait, indor, sandwhiches, breathing and all the other greatest hits.

Actually, we should get a toc for the mini cyoas and possibly the various vignettes too.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Someone post the artwork of Enkidel drinking dog piss, please

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lmao @ the amazing stein. The prefect vessel when getting trashed on American macrobrews, I really gotta get my poo poo together for this next snulsmas.

This upcoming snusmas involves hexafluorosilicic acid unless I get someone on team hunger. Maybe even then I'll still need it we'll see. Shellfish allergies could really blow the deal.

Also reiterating tree cyoa was probably my fav, that was a really good one.

Post the other mspaint of us drinking dog piss, there's at least one other lol

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I really gotta get my poo poo together for this next snulsmas.

Same.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Polgas posted:

We should really reestablish relations with Indor or at least Puabi. We should marry Puabi.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

super sweet best pal posted:

We should really reestablish relations with Indor or at least Puabi. We should marry Puabi.

jackie_chan_wtf_face.tiff

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Let's play gently caress marry eat:

Puabi
Indor
Jael

The correct answer is Eat, to all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
I kind of feel like we shouldn't bother doing a big debrief with Ishamal. Or at the very least just handle it as an info dump and leave without asking for sage advice or question time. I assume he knows everything that went on already and won't comment on any of it. It feels like every interaction with ishamal he moves our relationship to be more and more arm's length and transactional. I'd rather just reciprocate than getting frustrated over it like we usually do.