Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Come on MJ, talk about the 21 Feet of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

everyone talking about this being a jordan hagiography, but this doc has been amazing for pippen

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

surf rock posted:

B.J. Armstrong was an All-Star? What?

He got the third most votes of anyone in the league! I can only assume muscle memory forced everyone to check the box next to the Chicago SG

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Sign of the times: big-rear end Marlboro banner in the arena.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

Yeah I was just laughing at the initial super hardcore whitewashing of MJ's personality. Luckily they shifted to only a moderate whitewashing

Turning the "Jordan was an rear end in a top hat" segment into a bunch of interviews about how he just really wanted to win accompanied by the most mild mannered trash talk possible is one of the most obvious examples of Jordan having creative control yet

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

DC Murderverse posted:

if the media hadn't been an issue and he had been able to go down to single A would he have been more successful? Or would it have ended the same way?

Meh. Lotta factors working against him.

His body isn't really built to play baseball, at least as a hitter. That ridiculous wingspan, that's an advantage in basketball, is a big detriment for swing speed and bat control. Scout look for wide bodies and fat asses, i.e. dudes built like tanks.

He was also missing about a decade of repetition/drills relative to his peers.

He was entering his 30s when that twitch, fast muscle response time starts to drop.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

"I wanna be like Toni" doesn't have the same impact as "I wanna be like Mike"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm not sure i had ever seen Steve Kerr dribble before that

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i notice it's pippen and four white guys

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
uh oh, here's the Pippen tantrum

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Toni's energy in his interviews is so good

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Toni rules so hard

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Toni Kukoc is a badass.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Lmao that Phil Jackson zooooom

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Man, I forgot about Scottie refusing to go in.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

yeah, they need a ton of toni and his pants

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've learned a lot about Scottie Pippen in this doc but checking yourself out in a series where you're down 2-0 is some peak bitchmade poo poo

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lebron would've never done this.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I have to say after all of that hearing Scottie say "I probably would have done it again" is kinda badass

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Ewing dunk immediately makes up for subbing himself out imo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

such a great dunk

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i was tracking the flash foward flash back pretty consisentently but its kinda lovely and old tbh at this point

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I miss round 1 being a best of five.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
lol, highlighting Burrell playing well after turning Jordan's bullying into "it was mostly Burrell, who could take it, and he just did it to make Burrell better"

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kirios posted:

I miss round 1 being a best of five.

The switch did give us TMac embarrassing himself on national TV, so there's that.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Bulls have Stockholm syndrome

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
who loving cares if Jordan was nice? this is the dumbest talking point

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOW DOES BJ ARMSTRONG STILL LOOK LIKE HE'S LIKE 25

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
"UConn has a great women's team"

Why did those dudes laugh like that? Was that just plain ol' misogyny or is there some joke about that team in the 90s that I'm forgetting?

edit: even Jordan seemed like "uhhh, I was serious" there

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

This doc needs like 200% more of him I laugh at every interview

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

surf rock posted:

Why did those dudes laugh like that? Was that just plain ol' misogyny or is there some joke about that team in the 90s that I'm forgetting?

since they were UConn men's players, it was funny because he was complimenting the team they weren't on.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is propaganda

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

since they were UConn men's players, it was funny because he was complimenting the team they weren't on.

Ohhhhh, I missed that. I thought they were just random dudes that were friends with the security dude or whatever who happened to be from NC.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Explosions in the Sky blasting over footage of me calling Bill Wennington a sack of poo poo

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

BWV posted:

this is propaganda

An attempt at one.

These old Bulls players are a lot of things but "good actors" is not one of them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CRYING JORDAN

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at jordan breaking down when talking about how cool it was that he was an rear end in a top hat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

morestuff posted:

Explosions in the Sky blasting over footage of me calling Bill Wennington a sack of poo poo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

surf rock posted:

lol girls

Waroduce posted:

who loving cares if Jordan was nice? this is the dumbest talking point

The story becoming "he was great because he was an rear end in a top hat" rather than "he was great and also an rear end in a top hat" is pretty obnoxious and has inspired all sorts of awful basketball takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

MourningView posted:

The story becoming "he was great because he was an rear end in a top hat" rather than "he was great and also an rear end in a top hat" is pretty obnoxious and has inspired all sorts of awful basketball takes

yeah if LeBron isn't a direct refutation of that attitude I don't know what would be