Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MRC48B posted:

I'm actually super curious now if Donnie would be quick enough to pick up on this, or if he's on enough drugs or sundowned to take it at face value.

I for real wish he had done it because this is just gonna galvanize the base and rile them up. God drat white conservatives are uppity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trump: OPEN UP MAGA TRANSITION TO GREATNESS

Virus: lol

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1259639678166278144

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status/1259632379053977602?s=19

Blast from the past: https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1259253500464304129

Trump: WHY CAN'T WE MAGA I DON'T GET IT

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1259624290758131712

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 11, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Now the GOP pretends to worry about aides

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Can someone explain to me what Obamagate is? Beyond a Q talking point, I mean.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nice

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bulletsponge13 posted:

He black

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bulletsponge13 posted:

Take every crook that was found, from Manafort, to Stone, to Flynn, and everything. It was all an Obama plot to prosecute innocent people and kneecap a new administration.

Donnie's trying to make fetch happen with a BITCH SET ME UP routine. It's the new version of OBAMA WIRETAPPED TRUMP TOWER

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I like how they have name tents like they don't all know each other, though maybe the rate of attrition is high enough that there are new people in the room every one of these.

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Midjack posted:

I like how they have name tents like they don't all know each other, though maybe the rate of attrition is high enough that there are new people in the room every one of these.

Those are there for Trump

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

McNally posted:

Good point.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

McNally posted:

I don't know if the font is big enough or in-sharpie enough for him to read from there, though.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MRC48B posted:

I'm actually super curious now if Donnie would be quick enough to pick up on this, or if he's on enough drugs or sundowned to take it at face value.

We've had this question answered a couple of times already. Mostly when heads of state where delivering veiled criticism in statements that Trump didn't understand when initially responding to them, but the most blatant example I can recall was Mattis' letter of resignation.

Trump went "He sent me a letter, a beautiful, tremendous letter (...)" initially until someone told him that Mattis was actually calling him an incompetent buffoon between the lines, prompting a thin-skinned and embarrassing follow-up from Trump.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

Trump can read?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Reading and comprehension are two separate issues.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

We've had this question answered a couple of times already. Mostly when heads of state where delivering veiled criticism in statements that Trump didn't understand when initially responding to them, but the most blatant example I can recall was Mattis' letter of resignation.

Trump went "He sent me a letter, a beautiful, tremendous letter (...)" initially until someone told him that Mattis was actually calling him an incompetent buffoon between the lines, prompting a thin-skinned and embarrassing follow-up from Trump.

These were all a thousand years ago. Thanks for the reminder. :doh:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A deployment month was shorter than a Trump month.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Infrastructure week is longer than any month

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Iran successfully test fired a new anti ship missile and sunk a ship.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52612511

quote:

An Iranian navy "friendly fire" incident in which a ship was sunk has killed dozens of sailors, unofficial reports say.

Local journalists said the frigate Jamaran was testing a new anti-ship missile which locked onto and hit Konarak, a logistical ship.

Semi-official Iranian news agency Fars said one sailor was killed and several others injured in a "naval exercise".

It described the incident on Sunday near the Strait of Hormuz as a "crash"

oh wait it was a 'crash' :lol:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Gulf economies are about to take a beating.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1672946/saudi-arabia

quote:

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia is suspending the cost of living allowance and increasing the value-added tax (VAT) as part of measures to address the impact of the COVID-19 crisis, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Monday.

“Cost of living allowance will be suspended as of June first, and the value added tax will be increased to 15% from 5% as of July first,” SPA said, citing statement of the Ministry of Finance.

Finance Minister Mohammed Al-Jadaan said the twin measures are part of efforts to shore up state finances, which have been battered by low oil prices and the coronavirus crisis.

Al-Jadaan warned last week that Saudi Arabia would have to take "strict and painful measures" to deal with the twin impact of coronavirus pandemic and falling world oil prices.

“We must reduce budget expenditures sharply,” Al-Jadaan said, adding that some government projects may be slowed down to reduce expenditure.

“Current actions taken to date to cut spending are not enough, and Saudi public finances will need more control and the journey ahead is long," he said.

The pandemic has wrecked the global economy, leaving millions out of work, with the US alone reporting more than 20 million people becoming unemployed in April.

Worldwide, the COVID-19 has infected more than 4.18 million people as of early Monday, with the death toll surging to 283,000 since the coronavirus was first detected in Wuhan, China last December.

In Saudi Arabia, the number of infections rose to 39,048 as of Sunday, of which 27,345 were active cases and 11,457 have recovered.

The Health Ministry reported 7 new deaths on Sunday, all expatriates, raising the death toll to 246.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Jerry Stiller died :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

gently caress up to see a parent outlive their child's career

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Handsome Ralph posted:

Jerry Stiller died :(

While that sucks, he lived a long life and had a storied career (except anything he did with Kevin James).

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You ask me to get a pair of underwear, I’m back in two seconds.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

While that sucks, he lived a long life and had a storied career (except anything he did with Kevin James).

Agreed, though I'll stan for him in the King of Queens.

I always hear his "Don't tell me!" in my head whenever my wife tells me I'm doing something wrong.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

bloops posted:

You ask me to get a pair of underwear, I’m back in two seconds.

What the HELL does that mean?

I’m happy I’ve been seeing that clip float around. I never even watched Seinfeld but YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME? was in my lexicon for a while because of it.

He was also the best part of Everybody Loves Raymond King of Queens by far.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 11, 2020

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Let’s put some respect on the man’s legacy. Frank Costanza proudly served during Korea. He’s one of us.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I respect his legacy, I just don't respect some of his past co-workers. Not a big fan of his sons' work either. Some, but definitely nowhere near all, a side effect of overexposure.

Doris Roberts was the best part about Everybody Loves Raymond.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Bro I can barely remember last month.

Seriously, 2019 feels like it was years ago now.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Sioux tribes set up roadblocks in South Dakota to keep Covid-19 out of the reservation.

The Republican governor surprisingly doesn't support this particular group of people acting against the government.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52615311

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

PeterCat posted:

Sioux tribes set up roadblocks in South Dakota to keep Covid-19 out of the reservation.

The Republican governor surprisingly doesn't support this particular group of people acting against the government.

Cant believe native Americans are being such babies about a virus that is killing a bunch of people.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

PeterCat posted:

We had similar happen in NZ, our police responded by stationing a couple of officers at the checkpoints to make sure that nothing illegal was happening.

I mean, it's effectively free manpower for them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bloops posted:

Let’s put some respect on the man’s legacy. Frank Costanza proudly served during Korea. He’s one of us.

That's one of the best episodes.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Godholio posted:

That's one of the best episodes.

https://youtu.be/8rU5mpwJ6GU

The best part is how serious he takes it. You think he's talking about storming Inchon.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PeterCat posted:

The tribes told the state to gently caress off, since they don’t have the resources to handle an outbreak of any size this is their best way to stay safe. The state currently plans to sue the tribes in federal court.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Woofer posted:

Cant believe native Americans are being such babies about a virus that is killing a bunch of people.

Smallpox? Just like a flu bro

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Midjack posted:

The tribes told the state to gently caress off, since they don’t have the resources to handle an outbreak of any size this is their best way to stay safe. The state currently plans to sue the tribes in federal court.

Are they blocking interstate commerce or just the roads to their lands?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Midjack posted:

This is an usually good way of handling it tbh. usually we would have stormed the barricades with nat guard

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Are they blocking interstate commerce or just the roads to their lands?

As I understand it they’re set up on the highways that pass through their lands. I don’t know enough about the roads there to say if that’s the least restrictive way to block access to their lands but I don’t think they’d block highways just to gently caress with people right now.

RFC2324 posted:

This is an usually good way of handling it tbh. usually we would have stormed the barricades with nat guard

I figure about a week before that happens or a bunch of white supremacists roll in and start poo poo on their own.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Arrath posted:

I don't know if the font is big enough or in-sharpie enough for him to read from there, though.

Are there enough backward letters on the name tents for him to be able to read?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
OPEN THE GYMS BRAH, GONNA CRUSH COVID LIKE THIS SET

https://twitter.com/WFLA/status/1259867354206535681?s=19