Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

I'm sorta not on board with the eventh hour asspull of Kaidou having a son so late in the game here.

Here we are about to throw down and watch the fireworks factory blow up, then right as the straw hat armada is in the process of raiding the party it turns out that Kaido's got some hulking fucker of his own stashed away, with temper that causes the dragon man himself to raise an eyebrow, who will probably swoop down to give Luffy and the crew the business in an already turmulous situation to begin with.

Feels a bit cheap. You couldn't bring him into the plot a bit earlier Oda? Not during Act II somewhere, or maybe after Kaido and Big Mom threw down? Maybe he's saving him for some post-Wano action, I could get behind that a bit more.

If he's actually based on Prince Ousu he's gonna be on the strawhats side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Ryaomon posted:

lol didnt even realize this, he's katakuri 2

What if he's literally Katakuri's identical twin? But he's always lying down instead of always standing up.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sindai posted:

Jimbei and Robin are the parents standing at the entrance to the playground watching their kids run off and try their best to injure themselves and each other and it's great.

jesus, it really is

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Parrotine posted:

I'm sorta not on board with the eventh hour asspull of Kaidou having a son so late in the game here.

Here we are about to throw down and watch the fireworks factory blow up, then right as the straw hat armada is in the process of raiding the party it turns out that Kaido's got some hulking fucker of his own stashed away, with temper that causes the dragon man himself to raise an eyebrow, who will probably swoop down to give Luffy and the crew the business in an already turmulous situation to begin with.

Feels a bit cheap. You couldn't bring him into the plot a bit earlier Oda? Not during Act II somewhere, or maybe after Kaido and Big Mom threw down? Maybe he's saving him for some post-Wano action, I could get behind that a bit more.

Kaidou's son is absolutely guaranteed to be a disappointing loser. Guaranteed.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Kaido describes him as his idiot son, so he is definitely going to gently caress things up for his dad in an eleventh hour Hail Mary for the heroes.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Tolth posted:

I agree, but the way Kaido said his last announcement has something do to with his son gives me a little bit of doubt.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ethiser posted:

I agree, but the way Kaido said his last announcement has something do to with his son gives me a little bit of doubt.

i like the idea someone brought up earlier about the announcement being yamato getting arranged to be married to pudding

mostly because i loved pudding and want her to come back so her and sanji can get married for real this time

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
That would probably explain why we haven't seen any of Big Mom's crew during the current events... they've had to rush back home to get her!

Something else which just occurred to me - what if Big Mom and Kaido were getting married? That would explain why she's currently offscreen "getting dressed".

Heck, why not have it be both? Then Luffy can destroy two more wedding cakes!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
His son, Roronoa "Zoro" D. Yamato

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

looking forward to seeing yamato finally and then having a nice christmas the week after

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Big mom herself is marrying Kaido's son.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

jassa posted:

That would probably explain why we haven't seen any of Big Mom's crew during the current events... they've had to rush back home to get her!

Something else which just occurred to me - what if Big Mom and Kaido were getting married? That would explain why she's currently offscreen "getting dressed".

Heck, why not have it be both? Then Luffy can destroy two more wedding cakes!

Ultimate Big Mom face when Luffy comes smashing into a wedding cake again

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
Kaido constantly seeks out death to atone for having a failson.

Yamaoto: Father check out these Germa comics I drew...

Kaido: [jumps off a sky island]

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

oddium posted:

looking forward to seeing yamato finally and then having a nice christmas the week after

Oh heck, I guess the slower coronavirus release schedule means we won't hit chapter 1000 this year after all. 🙁

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Tolth posted:

I would agree, were it not for Black Maria of the Flying Six stating that fetching Yamato ain't gonna be easy, and Kaido giving them the incentive of being allowed to challenge one of the big boys if they can pull it off. To repeat, some of the Flying Six clearly think they can take on one of the three Calamities, and even so they think that bringing back Yamato is gonna be tough.

It'll probably be something like that Yamato hates fighting and doesn't want to be Overlord Jr., but instead has aspiration of becoming a painter or some poo poo, but he is still naturally tough as nails, being the son of the "Strongest Creature" in the world.

I admit it would be funny if Yamato turned out to be a loser, like how Oden was a ultra-badass as a toddler but his kid is just a normal kid, albeit one with the ability to hear the Voice of All Things.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Yamato is actually katakuri. The reason Kaido and Big Mom were feuding for so long is because they couldnt agree on names for their three triplet sons

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ryaomon posted:

lol didnt even realize this, he's katakuri 2
Katakuri got a lot of buildup! I still remember the scene where he was turning white at the wedding, that was sick.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

JahRoo posted:

Yamato is actually katakuri. The reason Kaido and Big Mom were feuding for so long is because they couldnt agree on names for their three triplet sons

Counterpoint comedy option, Yamato is actually Weevil

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Warden posted:

but he is still naturally tough as nails, being the son of the "Strongest Creature" in the world

I get it now, its a Baki cross-over

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i hope black maria has a cool fruit

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

frajaq posted:

I get it now, its a Baki cross-over

i fantasized about hanma yujiro showing up in unrelated manga for a lil while after i read baki lol. imagined an isekai with him and couldnt stop thinking about it all day

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's break week which means it's time for tiers and this time.... it's the Flying Six

s: X Drake, Black Maria
a: Who's Who
b: ulti, sasaki

d: page one

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

hope robin gets to fight black maria

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Who's who and sasaki were the only ones pointed out as being former captains, I would guess they're at the top of the flying six totem pole

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Ubiquitus posted:

Who's who and sasaki were the only ones pointed out as being former captains, I would guess they're at the top of the flying six totem pole

Don’t forget X Drake!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

X Drake is a puzzling character to me because he can turn into a dinosaur but most of the time chooses not to be a dinosaur.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Do you think X Drake has to tell people how to spell his name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

X Drake puzzles me because his name is a Roman numeral and you say it Diez.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

See, that's fine. Meaning for any language is a shared illusion between speakers. Words and symbols have meaning because we give them meaning.

Choosing not to be a funny talking dino is completely inexplicable.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

oddium posted:

d: page one

how dare you

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I will never not pronounce it Ecks Drake.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

diez drake sounds infinitely cooler

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for his brother, X Josh

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

X Nuts

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Fawf posted:

X Nuts

New thread title

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

New thread title

One Piece Manga Thread: allow me to introduce X Nuts

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

I will never not pronounce it Ecks Drake.

The first time I found out it was meant to be Diez was someone saying "you know it's not pronounced Ecks, right?" in a puzzled voice, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Well it isn't, so it looks like I'll still be calling him Ecks Drake, fucker.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Parrotine posted:

I think it's worth recognising that Kaido hasn't really been developed that far as a character yet, despite the fact he was introduced (5!) years ago. We still don't know all that much about him, his motivations or his abilities. To me, it makes sense that his son wouldn't have been introduced yet if his role isn't that of an enforcer/representative within the Beast Pirates. There hasn't been an organic opportunity to introduce him yet, and the current cast is huge enough as it is already. Plus, who's to say this is the endgame of Wano? We're still in Act 3.

Some of the things Kaido's said/done in the past dozen or so chapters (the way he handled Oden's execution, his conversation with Momo, the relatively chill dialogue in this current chapter) leads me to believe we've only scratched the surface of the character... I trust Oda to write Yamato into the story in a way that feels right and there's a lot of potential in their father/son dynamic and how it relates to Big Mom and her family - presumably this arc is gonna blow the lid on their Rocks past at some point.

i am tim! posted:

It was someone else that posed this idea originally, but I hope Kaido’s son is a NEET.
I said this, and my guess is that he's gonna be a young vulnerable kid who serves as a foil or counterpart to Momo. One of the enduring themes of Wano has been perpetual cycles of violence, and I think Oda is trying to create an opportunity for Momo to break the wheel and bring lasting peace.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 12, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Last Celebration posted:

One Piece Manga Thread: allow me to introduce X Nuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
So... Momo is just tied by plain old rope, right? His dragon form should be able to slip right out of those bonds.

Does Kanjuro even know he has a devil fruit power?