Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Lobcorp is located in the Safari Zone, apparently. (I'll go fix that, thanks!)

e: Update on the last page, right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So will the base eventually expand so much that you'll have every abnormality by the end of the game, or is -44 going to remain this mysterious instant killer forever?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
A single, full playthrough only gets ~50% of the possible abnormalities, so it'll either have to wait until I inevitably go into the second loop to show off everything else, or for the game to throw -100, -44, and something else I really don't want at me.

Could go either way, tbh. :rolldice:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 10, 2020

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

I do not want you, -44, I do not want to see your lore. I do not like your instant kills, I do not like the memory drills. I do not want your E.G.O gear, I do not want you coming here, I do not want you, -44, please do not show up anymore. :fuckoff:

Whats up with -44?
I always found it pretty amenable as long as you didn't do the thing that triggers the kill.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It's perfectly harmless as long as you do not do the One Thing, yes, but even at its very best its a 1.76 that trades 'giving slightly better gear' for 'being way worse than 1.76 in every other way.'

Since we have 1.76 MHz and aren't hurting for E.G.O gear we have no reason to pick it up unless it's to dodge something way worse, and I would rather see things like -56 pop up again instead of it.

Really should have picked that one on day 2. :gonk:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Sorry, but I think you'll just have to get used to -44 showing up every day for the rest of the game - after all, the cursed streak continues eternally, never broken.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I got O-01-92 in my first run and it was very useful because my command unit could not train Justice at ALL. Had a few day retries until I could get enough boxes to see it's gimmick. Which is a little fiddly and has caused the occasional death/retry since.

Also I had unescaping abnormalties all the way through TETH. This did not prepare me well.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

FairyNuff posted:

Whats up with -44?
I always found it pretty amenable as long as you didn't do the thing that triggers the kill.

My problem is that there are a lot of things to pay attention to, and each one you add to the pile gets you closer to a reset. The game gives you a lot of rope to hang yourself with.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Still fairly early on my first run, and I've got both 100 and 08 in the same department. It's... interesting. Also 44 (in a different one), which is still my only decent trainer in that stat. So yeah, lots of things to keep track of already - still perfectly manageable, but it's definitely ballooning.

On a separate note, the day I picked 100 two employees in that department STARTED dead. Upon memory reset they were fine, so is there some occasional bug associated with that abnormality in particular, or just some occasional bug of that sort in general?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

my dad posted:

Poor background clerks. If you remember the department description, they provide certain bonuses while they're alive, but their survival skills are slightly below those in lemmings. They die all the drat time.

It would be great if they were willing to just run from almost everything they see.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Hunt11 posted:

It would be great if they were willing to just run from almost everything they see.

I gotta admire their dedication when they whip out a pistol and start plinking at some escaped monster, though given the first day maybe it's less dedication and more the monster who's your boss is more scary than the monster you're shooting. :commissar:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Mechanics Talk 4: Clerks

Clerks. They're background characters who wander around randomly within their departments. They have 10-16 HP and SP, and a gun which has a 40% chance to deal 1 damage each time they fire. Their gun and suit both count as ZAYIN class. Right now they panic when they see any breaching Abnormality, but eventually they will be able to serve as distractions fight alongside our Agents.

In theory, Clerks provide an important service. Each department has an office worker effect, which gives a small buff to all agents in the facility based on how many Clerks are still alive.

The circled indicator tells us what level of effect we currently have, and the exact effect varies by department.

The Control team increases the Movement Speed of our agents. None of these bonuses are particularly important, but there's no reason not to have them if you can. Clerks are refreshed at the start of each day for free, so it's usually not a big deal to lose them.

Usually.

Certain Abnormalities count the number of deaths in the facility, and Clerk deaths count towards these numbers. The community has collectively nicknamed them the 'Clerk's Rights Abnormalities,' as they exist to punish managers who let their Clerks die.

We will absolutely be taking at least one of these Abnormalities in the future. :stonklol:

Control Team Bonus Content

Team description

Team armband

Malkuth sprite

Story background

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 9, 2021

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
please note that since the game stated earlier that guns are useless against anomalies, that means that all the clerks have somehow been equipped with lovely mass-production ego-weapons

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

There has been new information found about how exactly clerks' guns work, and the post has been updated accordingly.

The guns do not deal 1-2 damage per shot, they have a 40% chance of dealing 1 damage per shot.

Clerks are terrible.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Edit: TeeQueue said it better with a fun image that I gave them, so it's all good.

Crepuscule Adepte fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 11, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

StillFullyTerrible posted:

please note that since the game stated earlier that guns are useless against anomalies, that means that all the clerks have somehow been equipped with lovely mass-production ego-weapons

:actually:

(I was planning to save the artbook for later, but this is honestly too good not to share a little early.) :ssh:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, it beats cyanide pills, I guess.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

TeeQueue posted:

There has been new information found about how exactly clerks' guns work, and the post has been updated accordingly.

The guns do not deal 1-2 damage per shot, they have a 40% chance of dealing 1 damage per shot.

Clerks are terrible.

:smith:

TeeQueue posted:

(I was planning to save the artbook for later, but this is honestly too good not to share a little early.) :ssh:

:smithicide:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, it beats cyanide pills, I guess.

Pretty sure cyanide pills have more than a 40% chance to work.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I don't think cyanide pills work at all if you try to throw them at magic nightmare monsters, not even at a 40% rate.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

then how do they deal any damage at all

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

60% of the time, they don't.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Presumably, it's their "OHSHITOHSHITOSHIT" that's doing the damage, the bullets are just conveying it to the abnormalities

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

my dad posted:

Presumably, it's their "OHSHITOHSHITOSHIT" that's doing the damage, the bullets are just conveying it to the abnormalities

this works for me

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I mean, I know that in my game, a bunch of Clerks suppressed the Forsaken Murderer several times with their 9mm pistols.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

This LP inspired me to buy the game.

It is beating my rear end and my agents are dying in droves

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Between the LP and the beforeIplay post ( https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2969807&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=804#post504208582 ) you should hopefully have a bit of a leg up. I do find myself sometime just resigning myself to like a half dozen retries as I try to work out how not to completely mess up a new generator.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Looks like I should have been more aggressive with resetting. I'm making progress at least.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, for sure. You should never be afraid to reset-the way I’m planning to play through it here is definitely not the intended new player experience.

Best of luck to you!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I'm close to being able to try the Dusk mission but oddly scared to try. Got another mission I might be kind of screwed on with my abnormalities. Game is stressful, haha.

Also don't be afraid to just not work a new abnormality if you need to get some better gear or stats to survive the work. I ended up blowing LOB to nudge someone up to V/V/V/V because they needed like one less failure notch to survive the base damage of the abnormality.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Put me down as another goon sold on this game! Picked it up and I'm 8 days in and wowzers stuff can go wrong real quick.

The different abnormalities in this game are kind of amazing, I'm really looking forward to seeing which ones you get to show off TeeQueue.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

my dad posted:

Bingo. As creatures of human consciousness they can be hurt by strong intent.

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.
Just bought the game yesterday myself and got to day 4, with literally a start that would make the OP envious.
Day 1, One Sin. Day 2, 1.76 mhZ. Day 3, O-02-56. Day 4, the mirror.

This game is going to murder me, isn't it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 6: Story

Music: story1

A majority of them would like to know more about you as a person. Some will take the initiative and attempt to approach you first.

There are no regulations to prevent them from coming all the way to your office to interact with you face to face, unfortunately. It seems the one who set those rules in place did not consider situations like this. And I suppose this may be a good opportunity for you to show them that you are generous and caring enough to have chitchats with your subordinates. Words tend to travel faster than you think.

But please keep in mind that you do not have to do everything they ask of you. Simply thank them for their effort. Tell them you hope that they will keep up the good work. That will benefit both parties, don’t you think?

Give them a vending machine and next they will come knocking, demanding a bar. I expect you to make the right decision.

In summary: Our employees may try talking to us, and our job is to spout empty platitudes and make them feel good, but absolutely never under any circumstances listen to any requests we might hear. Y'know, just like corporations in real life. :v:

Anyways, now that the Control Team is fully expanded, we can expand further down to the Information Team. We do that.

...that's it?

That's it. We're not all busybodies like Malkuth. Is there anything else?

Er… no.

Then I'll see you after work.

With the exception of Malkuth on day 1, we have to wait until the day after we open a department in order to get the first cutscene/mission of a given Sephirah. We'll learn more about Yesod soon enough.

Meanwhile…

It looks like with the new department coming online, we've been assigned to different spots.

Gonna' be a shame not having you around pushing work off on me anymore.

Yeah, well… someone has to keep the newbies in line. I don't mind having access to the CCTV all the time, either.

You actually like keeping track of those things?

Ehh, while you guys were doing all the work the past couple days, I learned to appreciate watching.

Pfft-that's not creepy at all. :rolleyes:

How else will I know when to heroically show up to save your rear end at the last moment?

Whatever, man. Don't do anything crazy.

You know I can't promise that. :v: Good luck in info.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: A new department! Ordeals! Terrible skin-care regimens!

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 29, 2021

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

This is when the kid gloves come off.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Having recorded the next session, Yes.

Yes it is. :stonklol:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My experience is that the real fun starts a bit further on so all I can guess is that you picked up something fun to deal with.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Now made with real kids!

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I dunno, I think the kid gloves come off a few departments down the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Slaan posted:

Now made with real kids!

Kid gloves are made of real kids. Just not human ones, admittedly. :P

Things just get more AAAAAAHHHHHH as the game goes on. The escalation is done decently well I think? I should be pushing more training out, really. I can handle X number of meltdowns going off if I don't mess up, but the real time sunk makes you pretty cagey about some stuff even with options available to you. Kind of looking forward to see if and how TQ clowns stuff that seems insurmountable to me.

I kind of need a script that just posts "Trip Report. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. [Redacted]. Having fun, still playing." after each session.