Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

COVID-420 posted:

spooks spend all day strategizing about how to do hosed Up poo poo. they're more than dece at it. they have unlimited budget and some of the best brains in the business. trust me, they'll shoot first.

they really aren't better at it than marketing companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

5G mind control is real

lmao like 5g could hold a candle to the mind destroying powers of facebook and twitter dot com

Admiral Ray posted:

they really aren't better at it than marketing companies.

they literally are marketing companies....

Burson Cohn & Wolf did PR for the bhopal disaster and the argentine military dictatorship but they also do PR for colgate toothpaste , it's all the same

COVID-420 has issued a correction as of 18:30 on May 11, 2020

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

lol if this disease didn't start in/near Wuhan.

i mean if it didn't, why would it be the first most badly affected area?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

This seems wierd to me because this thing rips through nursing homes, if nothing else. If it was around all the way back then why did it not spread like it is now?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mila kunis posted:

i mean if it didn't, why would it be the first most badly affected area?

yeah it wouldn't make sense, it'd just be a perfect repeat of the Spanish Flu.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

can’t wait to see every state having their own little civil wars when the balk happens

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Zotix posted:

Jesus, some of you will hate on anything just to do it.

jerry was objectively funnier than ben

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Thoguh posted:

This seems wierd to me because this thing rips through nursing homes, if nothing else. If it was around all the way back then why did it not spread like it is now?

it may take a while to reach the critical mass necessary for rapid spread, or it could be that people are falsely identifying the case:

The South China Post posted:

The November case was identified by the hospital’s medical imaging department after carrying out a retrospective study on about 2,500 chest scans performed between November 1 and April 30.

I dunno how much I'd trust this.

COVID-420 posted:

they literally are marketing companies....

Burson Cohn & Wolf did PR for the bhopal disaster and the argentine military dictatorship but they also do PR for colgate toothpaste , it's all the same

right, which is why the air force or whatever isn't better at it. they have access to the same people in private industry that do this poo poo. it's not spooks, it's marketers. i'm just opposed to the idea that the US has like 10,000 highly trained social media agents in a bunker obfuscating things. it's nothing so nefarious because it's just the regular kind of marketing business.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Thoguh posted:

The initial spreaders were probably global travelers, who tend to be younger and in better condition. Germany's first mass outbreak was seeded by people who went to Northern Italy and Austria to ski

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

right, which is why the air force or whatever isn't better at it. they have access to the same people in private industry that do this poo poo. it's not spooks, it's marketers. i'm just opposed to the idea that the US has like 10,000 highly trained social media agents in a bunker obfuscating things. it's nothing so nefarious because it's just the regular kind of marketing business.

all white-collar work is obfuscating things at its core, the truths of the world are visible to any worker and so he must be kept blind lmao

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Thoguh posted:

sometimes we just dodge a bullet like this :shrug:

we dodged a fuckin claymore munition with ebola

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/JimMustian/status/1259897728043188224

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

get em Tommy

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: Are they telling you that potato chips are essential?

I had to pick up a couple prescriptions and discovered that doggie daycare is essential

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

I had to pick up a couple prescriptions and discovered that doggie daycare is essential

p much all pet stuff is essential everywhere, there was a story about a petsmart or something getting a huge shipment of new hamsters and guinea pigs and poo poo and people coming in to just hang out and see the essential animals to where the workers hid them behind signs

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I just realized colleges absolutely can and will open up. Unlike k-12 those kids aren't going to see their parents til thanksgiving. Profs can do their lectures remotely, TAs just eat poo poo and get infected too

Everyone will have it by Halloween , burn out, few diabetics die and that's that

There's no state budgets , these schools absolutely are gonna open up and get away with it. Worst case you eliminate some tenured profs

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIA2sGSTABs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

shovelbum posted:

p much all pet stuff is essential everywhere, there was a story about a petsmart or something getting a huge shipment of new hamsters and guinea pigs and poo poo and people coming in to just hang out and see the essential animals to where the workers hid them behind signs

Here in Pennsylvania you've been free to go hang out at Walmart to your heart's content for as long as you've wanted. poo poo never really shut down and all the "reopen XYZ" stuff seems to really just be talking about restaurants.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

shovelbum posted:

Because telecommunications stuff is essential every cell phone shop and cell phone accessories shop had their doors wide open and there's one every 50 feet in some places

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Here in Pennsylvania you've been free to go hang out at Walmart to your heart's content for as long as you've wanted. poo poo never really shut down and all the "reopen XYZ" stuff seems to really just be talking about restaurants.

yeah same in NC

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/status/1259861060758233090
lol the people (republicans) are tired of coronavirus, they're going to will it into not being a thing anymore, bing bong

I guess some people if given a little time to think about it decide that it would probably be fine for their families to die.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

brugroffil posted:

has there been any uptick in suicide

in 6 weeks corona-chan beat last year's total toll from suicide and ejected it from the top ten causes of death

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
hmm what's that smell

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/1259899417202589697

Apr 7, 2003

In any given year, around 37K people die from car crashes.

Roni just about doubled that in April.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mad.radhu posted:

looks like being armed is part of what is causing them to get what they want, interesting!

:laffo: the second a non-White group or leftist group tries this the National Guard would be mobilized and the protestors would be mowed down in a hail of gunfire while MSNBC says this is fine because they were extremists trying to use force to get what they want

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Coronavirus maybe kills people but it also prevents suicide and auto accidents. Start talking about both sides of the virus.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:laffo: the second a non-White group of leftist group tries this the National Guard would be mobilized and the protestors would be mowed down in a hail of gunfire while MSNBC says this is fine because they were extremists trying to use force to get what they want

black ppl have done armed statehouse shows of force in defense of black legislators in MI as recently as like last week

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

so pointless working your peeps to the bone, people aren't even buying/driving cars they're just going to sit in the garage

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m surprised they haven’t proposed forcing all meat factory employees to live in the factory to prevent bringing the virus in

Workers go in. Meat comes out. You don't want to explain that.

Apr 7, 2003

Is that the NUMMI factory they purchased from Toyota? The factory that they hosed up by insisting on reinventing the car manufacturing wheel? The one that was making over 430K cars a year in 2006, but can't hit a third of that now?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Cross posting from the China thread

https://twitter.com/PIIE/status/1259846727949058050

quote:

First, the Chinese authorities’ terrible initial handling of the pandemic, and in particular their catastrophic suppression of the truth about the COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan, has called the regime’s legitimacy and competence into question. After all, the social contract looks less attractive if the state cannot guarantee citizens’ basic wellbeing, including life itself.

I hope they're doing OK over there, the poor savages :ohdear:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Thoguh posted:

Smoking alone while basking in your ennui is the best form of social distancing. Unfortunately, a tourist from Wuhan had to take a picture of this perfect French stereotype, and ended up superspreading the virus back home. By the time the virus got back, ennui season was over in France.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Flesh Forge posted:

hmm what's that smell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wYs-0EO0ts&t=16s

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Pet stores are essential the same as hardware stores. People just are incapable of not being dumbfucks and actually limiting themselves to essential trips, and instead just go browse with the whole family, increasing risks for themselves, the employees, and the people who actually need to be there to get pet food and poo poo.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

Pet stores are essential the same as hardware stores. People just are incapable of not being dumbfucks and actually limiting themselves to essential trips, and instead just go browse with the whole family, increasing risks for themselves, the employees, and the people who actually need to be there to get pet food and poo poo.

Should've been pickup by extremely limited appointment only.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ironically, interruptions to the food supply will increase public health because obesity rates will go down because. Americans eat twice as much as average

Apr 7, 2003

ArmZ posted:

ironically, interruptions to the food supply will increase public health because obesity rates will go down because. Americans eat twice as much as average

I've lost a good ten lbs in the past two months

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

https://twitter.com/davidzinn/status/1259900593788923905?s=19
Intel's facilities are already under investigation for what would be minor issues compared to this... They're going to get fined so much lol

lmao if he thinks they have more sway/money than Intel

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Is that the NUMMI factory they purchased from Toyota? The factory that they hosed up by insisting on reinventing the car manufacturing wheel? The one that was making over 430K cars a year in 2006, but can't hit a third of that now?

lol yeah. same one that elon hosed up a deal with Union Pacific so badly that they tore out the rail spur there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

shovelbum posted:

Should've been pickup by extremely limited appointment only.

It’s incredible to me how many people are baffled by the idea of shopping using pickup or delivery. If you need a wrench you should have a general idea of what kind of wrench and order or request it without having to go in a store and rub your face on every wrench first.