Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

hey guy with no time to read, check out the longest article ever

I’m skimming that one again and it’s completely toothless as far as calling the finders out for child sex trafficking, which is the purpose of their existence, and instead frames them as harmless eccentrics following people home and keeping tabs on an entire community

yeah ill agree that its somewhat toothless, and i think the finders were far from harmless, but its the only writing im aware of where a journalist purports to just walk straight into an operation like we discuss (even if its winding down or a red herring at this point) and interact with the black lodge spirits

if its some kind of alphabet soup fluff piece, thats interesting and weird, but if theres any truth in there the details paint a portrait unlike what most people would expect. the cult wasn't secretive, its members flaunted their "status", and the town totally accommodates them because...decorum?

its guilty of not going for the throat but its not valueless, and id love to be proven wrong here, but it provides context unavailable elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Read Chapter 6 "Finder's Keepers" in Programmed to Kill. I don't know what counts as :filez: so I won't link but type Programmed to Kill PDF into google.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i think you mean reread :smug: (okay doing it now)

edit: heres the interview with marion mentioned in the chapter

https://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listserv.aol.com/msg00344.html

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 17:27 on May 9, 2020

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

all i know is the world is infinitely stranger than i though it was a year ago

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

It hasn't even been a year since Steve Jail did the thing

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

gh0stpinballa posted:

No poo poo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

gh0stpinballa posted:

knowing enough history to know that these sorts of vast organizations and connections between powerful families existed in the past so I can reason in the abstract that they probably continue to this day, but it's always the details of all this poo poo that makes everything seem like a psychedelic nightmare.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Read Chapter 6 "Finder's Keepers" in Programmed to Kill. I don't know what counts as :filez: so I won't link but type Programmed to Kill PDF into google.

I went ahead and read a good portion of Programmed to Kill this afternoon. Really wish I hadn’t—an awful way to spend my Saturday. Nearly every page of this book is deeply upsetting.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

The Kingfish posted:

I went ahead and read a good portion of Programmed to Kill this afternoon. Really wish I hadn’t—an awful way to spend my Saturday. Nearly every page of this book is deeply upsetting.

Extremely upsetting, yeah, to the say the least. I just picked it up again after putting it down somewhere in Part II, bout when the book's central conceit was really beginning to take shape. It was a little too difficult to swallow back then, but after what Tom O'Neill uncovered (and wrote about in Chaos) I'm ready to take it a lot more seriously.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

There doesn’t seem to be much of what I would call a “thesis” to Programmed to Kill. The prologue suggests that the CIA subjects children (or allows children to be subjected to) ritualistic torture so that the children would be able to more readily induced into a dissociative state as adults to serve as hypnotized killers. But that doesn’t really seem play out in the book. Far from supporting McGowan’s claim that Henry Lucas was a MK Ultra assassin, doesn’t Bush’s pardon of Lucas suggest the opposite?

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 01:42 on May 10, 2020

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Kevin Spacey as the head grasshopper in A Bug’s Life is an underaged contender for his most sinister role.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Kingfish posted:

Kevin Spacey as the head grasshopper in A Bug’s Life is an underaged contender for his most sinister role.

You did that on purpose :colbert:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

so I've got a new pet theory that the CIA poured money into mind control research because they thought it was needed to defend against the seductive and irrefutable tenets of Marxism-Leninism

then when they realized that it was overkill, used the result research for deniable, high-risk assassinations

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

so I've got a new pet theory that the CIA poured money into mind control research because they thought it was needed to defend against the seductive and irrefutable tenets of Marxism-Leninism

then when they realized that it was overkill, used the result research for deniable, high-risk assassinations

I think it was more that tons of people in government and industry were sexual sadists who wanted to find plausible excuses to do hosed-up poo poo. Read up on the psychology professor at Harvard who hosed the unabomber all up, for example.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Kingfish posted:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

loving yowzah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I hate to be a downer, but that's a fake

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

MizPiz posted:

oh my god

nut
Jul 30, 2019

MizPiz posted:

lmao

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

just learned about the existence of this photo today

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_bag

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Well you wouldn't want anyone to know that wasn't actually OBL, not that anybody cared

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

A4R8 posted:

The Taken and Hostel movies are documentaries in a post-Epstein world.

I'm surprised people don't bring up You Were Never Really Here more often. It came out like three years ago and explicitly is about a dude discovering a cabal of elite pedophiles and human trafficking. It is at least as on point as Eyes Wide Shut.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
:lol:

A4R8 has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Nov 8, 2020

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Reposting something I wrote in February since people are talking about You Were Never Here. I actually haven't checked out the film yet but this relates to the 'book' it was based on:
-

The book itself has some very Epstein brain moments though. Some passages from the book that were very Epstein flavoured. A heads up that the following passages include frank descriptions of the economics of child prostitution:

quote:

In New York City there were nearly 700,000 millionaires who were men. There were 250,000 each in Chicago and Los Angeles, and plenty more in the other large to midsize cities. If 0.5 percent—half a percentage point—of these men throughout the country were sexually and socially deviant in their desire for young girls, which would be a conservative estimate, then there was abundant incentive in the market-place to provide what they wanted. One hour with a pretty twelve-, thirteen-, or fourteen-year-old white female cost anywhere from five to ten thousand dollars, and the more that was charged, the more the men wanted it, which was basic economics. It was a highly risky but very lucrative business.

Generally, at the top places, if they offered young girls, there were usually only one or two who had been properly Stockholmed. It wasn’t an easy process to get these girls functional and productive, and a brothel that offered them—mixing them in with legal-aged women—was known on the street as a “playground.” To avoid exposure and capture, the young girls were moved from city to city, working a network of playgrounds for a week or two at a time. These children usually lasted about two years before they were killed and thrown away, insuring their silence, but during their twenty-four months of work, if they were properly run, they could bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars.

quote:

Paul hesitated. Not out of cunning, just fear. Joe raised his hand again. Paul spoke quickly, half-gasping: “There’s one guy on the first floor, in the kitchen, with the cameras, and one guy on the second floor. He sits in the hallway.” Joe figured that there were plenty of cameras for security reasons, as well as cameras in the loving rooms. Blackmail was another good source of revenue. He took out the picture of Lisa. He hit the overhead light and held the snapshot in front of Paul’s face. “Do they have a playground? Is this girl inside?”

quote:

The “big sister” was usually a prostitute in her early thirties, who, trying to hang on near the end of her career, makes herself useful by chaperoning and befriending the young ones—training them, shopping for them, and feeding them a steady diet of Vicodin, Klonopin, Xanax, and Oxycontin, all of which kept the girls on the playground pliant and docile. Paul, who was addicted to painkillers, often bought his own pills from Lisa’s chaperone, which was one more way for the big sister to turn a profit for herself before she was sent to the street, no longer of value, but at least, unlike the children, there was no need to kill her when she was used up.

quote:

Albany spends twenty-five billion dollars a year on construction and road building. It’s a bigger racket than drugs, gambling, or prostitution. So they need a man in Albany, and Votto is it.

Obviously this is a work of fiction rather than journalism but it definitely will give you some crack ping moments. It's a pity the author couldn't be bothered to write another couple hundred pages or at least a proper concluding chapter.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
The problem I have with You Were Never Really Here is that its violently anti-CSA message falls somewhat short once you consider the context that the likely only reason hollywood greenlit it was to set up auditions for hot child actors.

"Child sex trafficking is bad!!" kind of loses a bit of its efficacy for me when the person is saying it from david geffen's yacht.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Regulus74 posted:

The problem I have with You Were Never Really Here is that its violently anti-CSA message falls somewhat short once you consider the context that the likely only reason hollywood greenlit it was to set up auditions for hot child actors.

"Child sex trafficking is bad!!" kind of loses a bit of its efficacy for me when the person is saying it from david geffen's yacht.

Is there anything in particular about the producers on the film? Cause I feel like recognizing that CSA is rampant in entertainment and "every film with child actors is a front for abuse" is a bit of a All Ravens Are Black scenario.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The 1999 orgy movie worth contemplating in light of sex crimes is The Ninth Gate, written and directed by rapist of children Roman Polanski. Both movies have extreme boomer sexuality in their orgy scenes, but Kubrick had too much contempt for humanity to ever have sex.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Eyes Wide Shut is a comedy about how Tom Cruise can't get laid and isn't even rich enough for the cabalistic orgies so I'll stick with it, tyvm.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

I hate to be a downer, but that's a fake

drat lol

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Found this in the Covid thread:
https://web.archive.org/web/20191115222015/https://lorenzoae.wordpress.com/2019/09/15/the-deep-politics-of-jared-letos-cult/

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If you replace all the punctuation with exclamation marks it's an almost perfect Trump tweet

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

A4R8 posted:

This thread has convinced me to buy Chaos with my Trumpbux. :smug:

Should I watch the author’s interview on Joe Rogan before or after the read?
I strongly advise against willingly exposing yourself to Joe Rogan.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

/r conspiracy is pretty :chloe: seems an odd choice for her
It's the perfect place to find people ready to gobble up her bullshit without a drop of critical thinking.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

What the hell was Dennis Villeneuve supposed to say in marketing materials for his movie? "Yeah, and then a blindfolded Jared Leto walked onto the set, or rather right into the catering table. It was a real shitshow. I regret having to put him in the movie at the behest of his deep state handlers."

Other than that, a wild ride of an article.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

GWBBQ posted:

It's the perfect place to find people ready to gobble up her bullshit without a drop of critical thinking.

it says she's now writing for The Last American Vagabond and even that site feels a little too out there.

it's also doing this thing where all of their "articles" are now instead just minutes-long videos / podcasts so you can't quickly skim the coverage or easily pull quotes from it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Anne Frank Funk posted:

What the hell was Dennis Villeneuve supposed to say in marketing materials for his movie? "Yeah, and then a blindfolded Jared Leto walked onto the set, or rather right into the catering table. It was a real shitshow. I regret having to put him in the movie at the behest of his deep state handlers."

Other than that, a wild ride of an article.

saying that he was moved to tears is an extremely weird thing to say.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The_Rob posted:

saying that he was moved to tears is an extremely weird thing to say.

He cried because he reminded himself that David Bowie was supposed to be in this and instead he has to deal with SPOOKY Jared.
edit: (not the subway one)

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Sounds like something the parody of a director would say in that jcvd show

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

WHERES GHISLAINE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/DARPA/status/1258222049149038592?s=19

and now we can crack ping back into the psychosphere

when I see stuff like this I begin to hear all of the music from HyperNormalisation at once