Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My fiance has a problem: she can no longer go into her favorite villager's house. The window is open, but pressing on the door does nothing. It's like it's a solid object, if there's a tool in her hand she'll hit it against the door, but can't knock or get the not-home/sleeping message. It's one of her original villagers, so it's not like there are Amiibo shenanigans involved like that old bug. Anyone have this happen? Maybe if she moves their house it'll fix itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

LifeLynx posted:

My fiance has a problem: she can no longer go into her favorite villager's house. The window is open, but pressing on the door does nothing. It's like it's a solid object, if there's a tool in her hand she'll hit it against the door, but can't knock or get the not-home/sleeping message. It's one of her original villagers, so it's not like there are Amiibo shenanigans involved like that old bug. Anyone have this happen? Maybe if she moves their house it'll fix itself.

This has happened to me and it resolved itself after a while but someone said they had instant success with turning their switch off and turning it back on.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Redd is at my island today, I bought the real artwork, and what’s left are fake serene, scenic, and quaint paintings. Is there any interest in those?

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Battle Pigeon posted:

Redd is at my island today, I bought the real artwork, and what’s left are fake serene, scenic, and quaint paintings. Is there any interest in those?

YES. I love the fakes!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Calico Heart posted:

Hey all, wanna turn a bit of my island into a minigolf course.

I think so far cute things to include would be the spaceship (it's a wardrobe but just looks like a cool rocket), the lighthouse and maybe the wind turbine. I could easily create little hole textures and a path leading you around the course.

... Of course, before I get my hopes up too much, I have to ask; are there little flags or golf clubs in the game?

There are definitely golf clubs, not sure about the flags.

E:

https://twitter.com/acrossingamy/status/1252341698614554630?s=20

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Dogwood Fleet posted:

YES. I love the fakes!

Okay! I’ll dare to open my island up! I’ll be mostly afk though

My island is a dump since I haven’t started decorating/have cleared a bunch to terraform but didn’t get to it yet, so it’s mostly just grass and random flowers, which I’d prefer weren’t picked/destroyed.

Nooks Cranny has: cute sofa, black sewing machine, black hourglass, roses/pansies/windflowers

Able’s has: Business suitcoat, checkered chesterfield coat, military uniform, noble zap suit, sprite costume, beret, chefs hat, gas masks

Wolfgang is making a standard umbrella stand, to the right of the airport end of the row of houses

Lots of spare recipes on the beach to the left of the airport, they’re mostly rubbish though as I’m having terrible luck with getting new and or good ones, but take anything wanted! Spare fossils are in storage atm though

Edit: Closed for now!

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 11, 2020

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Dip Viscous posted:

I'm surprised the Reddit folks haven't gone all the way and started trading items for a made up currency that only exists outside of the game, like what happened with Diablo II.

I gotta say, the goon community for this game is great. I haven't dealt with other large communities for this game, but I keep hearing it's insane with people asking for ridiculous things in return or having really unchill opinions for this chill game.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I gotta say, the goon community for this game is great. I haven't dealt with other large communities for this game, but I keep hearing it's insane with people asking for ridiculous things in return or having really unchill opinions for this chill game.

I'll offer 2 SoJs and one Shako for the Ironwood Dresser DIY

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I got pretty annoyed yesterday to discover that I was missing three river fish that were currently in season because they are all available during work hours. I'm pretty sure I also miss half of my available turnip prices for the same reason. Working 8-5 sucks. I should probably start checking guides so I don't miss fish like I did with the tuna and marlins.

Also, I accidentally discovered I needed exposed stumps for some beetles. It would be nice if there was an in game resource to research some of these topics, it seems kind of silly to only be able to get available hours from actually catching and donating something.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Aw man, Flick's here but it's raining. ...Can't believe the game found a way to make me complain that it's raining in an AC game.

Flick should buy amber from you :colbert:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

E-flat posted:

Aw man, Flick's here but it's raining. ...Can't believe the game found a way to make me complain that it's raining in an AC game.

Flick should buy amber from you :colbert:

The two times I've had Flick on my island were "rain all day" days.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

NofrikinfuN posted:

I got pretty annoyed yesterday to discover that I was missing three river fish that were currently in season because they are all available during work hours. I'm pretty sure I also miss half of my available turnip prices for the same reason. Working 8-5 sucks. I should probably start checking guides so I don't miss fish like I did with the tuna and marlins.

Also, I accidentally discovered I needed exposed stumps for some beetles. It would be nice if there was an in game resource to research some of these topics, it seems kind of silly to only be able to get available hours from actually catching and donating something.

I just change my time in settings. I only time travel forwards on the actual date. My turnips have been fine.
I have a harder time catching night time bugs since I prefer doing AC stuff when it's "day time" in the game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Speaking of Amber, I am going to make a Jurassic Park section of my islands and am brainstorming all of the items that would fit in. Obviously fossils will, as will the throwback stegosaurus statue, and Godzilla. What other sorts of things would fit in? Is there a striped aerosol shaving cream can in this game?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

I'm in the same boat, so let me introduce you to a technique I lovingly refer to as Time Compression™®©.
Step 1: Wake up Switch into home menu.
Step 2: Close game.
Step 4: Go to options.
Step 5: Turn off internet time syncing.
Step 6: Set time to anything between you last save and current time; I like to go for 10:something in the morning.
Step 7: Start game.
Step 8: Do early morning/afternoon stuff.
Step 9: Save game.
Step 10: Close game.
Step 11: Adjust time forwards, out just sync back to real time.
Step 12: Enjoy a newfound work - life balance where you don't have to get stressed out by missing things in this real time based game.

This is absolutely safe for turnips, as long as you don't go back further than your last save.
If you don't close the game between clock changes, they won't take.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Speaking of Amber, I am going to make a Jurassic Park section of my islands and am brainstorming all of the items that would fit in. Obviously fossils will, as will the throwback stegosaurus statue, and Godzilla. What other sorts of things would fit in? Is there a striped aerosol shaving cream can in this game?

Collect enough coelacanths for a figurine, and/or display some live ones.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
the banded dragonfly figure is huge, that would be good for a jurassic park scene maybe

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Live Free posted:

the banded dragonfly figure is huge, that would be good for a jurassic park scene maybe

Ooh good to know. I'm wanting to find out all the giant insect models, I know the birdwing butterflies are supposed to be large like the Atlas moth.I wish there was a loving horrifically giant centipede model .

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mispolm really kicked my poo poo in, I definitely need to class change for these deeper Benevodons.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Licarn posted:

In one month you've got 4 pieces without another person giving up art they could have put in their own gallery?

If someone's giving up a dupe, they're just pushing their own completion out by at least one Redd visit, unless they've got lucky and Redd has multiple real pieces on sale.

The last time Redd came by he had 3 fakes + 1 real painting, but the real painting was one I had already donated. The only way to *not* push my completion date back is by trading it with someone in a similar situation.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Appreciate any help watering my flowers, getting close to filling out my garden.
Edit: Closed
DIY: Tex is making Golden Wall
Able's: https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1259877083393622016?s=20
Nook's: Paper Tiger, Metal Can, Roses/Hyacinths/Windflowers
Leif: Azaleas, Tea-Olives, Mums, Cosmos
Flowers are directly north of the airport along the river. Complementary golden watering cans are provided, feel free to take one home. Spare DIYs on beach to the left of the airport.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 11, 2020

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Tiki torches with bamboo fencing would work well, I think.

You could make some custom Jurassic Park clothes for your shop as well, so your villagers can look like staff or tourists.

I know it would be pretty easy to put together a good John Hammond costume.

I’m just in the process of making a little dig site area with some fossils and lanterns and stuff.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Poque posted:

Mispolm really kicked my poo poo in, I definitely need to class change for these deeper Benevodons.

i got that recipe too

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Today is Cherry's birthday.

Come on down to Skeletowne if you want to GO WILD with her: 3J926

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

Today is Cherry's birthday.

Come on down to Skeletowne if you want to GO WILD with her: 3J926

I bought my Cherry a magic-circle rug so we can be witches together :3:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Maerlyn posted:

Edit: thanks to the kindness of goons my collection is complete! I still have these extras if anyone needs them:

Anomalocaris
Myllokunmingia
I could really use these two if you still got em.

Also looking for:
Quetzal Left Wing
To finish out my collection, if anyone else can help.

Edit: Big thanks to battle pigeon and Jork for gifting what they had!

Does anyone know if some fossils actually more rare than others, or are they completely uniformly random.
I had like 20-something fossils out yesterday when I opened my island for golden casket DIY and like only one or maybe two were taken, out of I'm guessing 8-10 visitors :confused:
Similarly a couple days prior I opened with close to 20 and 0 were taken.

I ended up just selling off 22 of them to nooklings for like 72k.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 11, 2020

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Chicken Doodle posted:

I bought my Cherry a magic-circle rug so we can be witches together :3:

i got her a DJ turntable since she loves hanging out at the concert venue i set up

https://twitter.com/CrossinMoon/status/1258628553559531520

(its not done yet ok)

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

peepsalot posted:

Also looking for:
Dunkleosteus
Pachy Tail

I have these two and am around to drop off! Not sure what ones I need-think some iguanodon parts for certain-but not looking for anything in return

Edit: dunno who it was, but a bunch of my flowers were picked, rude. And it seems to be random ones? Like not black roses, but blue and purple pansies? You could and should’ve just asked, random person!

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 11, 2020

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Does anybody have a goatee and a eyepatch I could touch? I’m getting impatient waiting for it to show up at Able’s.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The White Dragon posted:

i got that recipe too

At least the boss theme Frenzy bangs

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My 5 year old was taking her pet turtle for a walk to show him around the island, but she can't read yet and the "show off" button apparently becomes the "release" button when you're near water. Two months of quarantine, I have never seen this little girl more brokenhearted than accidentally releasing her turtle back into the wild.

So my gaming plans tonight changed from "maybe play something other than animal crossing" to "do not go to bed until you catch a turtle."

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Battle Pigeon posted:

I have these two and am around to drop off! Not sure what ones I need-think some iguanodon parts for certain-but not looking for anything in return
That would be awesome! I just opened up HM2BJ so you can swing by.

Other peeps can drop by if you just wanna shop or run around and look at stuff, I started playing with some crazy waterfall ideas late last night so at least something is kinda new on my island that's been otherwise stagnant for the past week or two.

Kicks is here if you're into that sort of thing.

Edit: Raddle is making a shell fountain

I have a few freebies, but got rid of most of them last night.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 11, 2020

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I need to share with all of you the greatest joy that this game has brought me.
The joy of an angry O'Hare.

This little guy was pissed off for a reason I'll never discover. I was so busy trying to get good pictures of him, he stopped being angry before I could talk to him. But golly if I didn't get at least some video.
https://i.imgur.com/bWraAZA.gifv
He looks like he has to pee real bad! I love him.
https://i.imgur.com/W5kGPRa.gifv
Stomp stomp stomp.

I always liked this guy but I knew he was magical when he did this:
https://i.imgur.com/yvGNzmB.mp4

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 11, 2020

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

peepsalot posted:

I could really use these two if you still got em.

Yep, I just logged off because I should pretend to be working still but I'll be back on in about an hour.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

peepsalot posted:

That would be awesome! I just opened up HM2BJ so you can swing by.

Other peeps can drop by if you just wanna shop or run around and look at stuff, I started playing with some crazy waterfall ideas late last night so at least something is kinda new on my island that's been otherwise stagnant for the past week or two.

Kicks is here if you're into that sort of thing.

I have a few freebies, but got rid of most of them last night.

Thanks for the DIY!

Foam Monkey posted:

Does anybody have a goatee and a eyepatch I could touch? I’m getting impatient waiting for it to show up at Able’s.

Did you get these yet? I can drop off now if not

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Dogwood Fleet posted:

YES. I love the fakes!

The fames are often haunted, right?

Been a couple months, still waiting for Redd to stop by. I want to cover my walls in giant insect heads and haunted portraits.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
So do villagers teach the Ironwood Dresser recipe? I thought I read somewhere that it was only available in bottles. I've been churning through Nook Miles tickets trying to find it on random beaches...

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

mysterious frankie posted:

The fames are often haunted, right?

Is this a real thing, because I feel like that one video was a joke/troll edit?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DaveKap posted:

I need to share with all of you the greatest joy that this game has brought me.
The joy of an angry O'Hare.

This little guy was pissed off for a reason I'll never discover. I was so busy trying to get good pictures of him, he stopped being angry before I could talk to him. But golly if I didn't get at least some video.
https://i.imgur.com/bWraAZA.gifv
He looks like he has to pee real bad! I love him.
https://i.imgur.com/W5kGPRa.gifv
Stomp stomp stomp.

If you push your villagers around enough, they can get angry or depressed.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

peepsalot posted:

Is this a real thing, because I feel like that one video was a joke/troll edit?

I dunno. My wife was telling me about how the fakes are haunted while she was complaining that Redd never visits, and now I want nothing but fake paintings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

JohnnySmitch posted:

So do villagers teach the Ironwood Dresser recipe? I thought I read somewhere that it was only available in bottles. I've been churning through Nook Miles tickets trying to find it on random beaches...

I learned it from a villager—on another goon‘a island.