Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Homeless Friend posted:

When you have somebody whose been your friend/family/etc, longer than a lot of people itt have been alive, die due to the government then yeah they care.

by this standard it's still a fundamentally selfish act though. they only care cause they feel sad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

In China factories that refused to shut down were punished with utility cuts.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Glad I'm not the only one who used to watch that show

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ryanrs posted:

IN COMMUNIST CHINA

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ryanrs posted:

theyre gonna shrug and reopen CA now i bet

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who used to watch that show

bullshit ripoff of Real Stories of the Highway Patrol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sacrificing meemaw and peepaw so the rich can get richer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ryanrs posted:

speaking of Elon, he said in the interview that China factories were working full steam ahead for months now

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1259951877120233474

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

indigi posted:

by this standard it's still a fundamentally selfish act though. they only care cause they feel sad now

Yeah, wanting healthcare is also a selfish act. It's not really saying much.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The Americans do not have the same regard for life as we do in China.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

The Americans do not have the same regard for life as we do in China.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Homeless Friend posted:

Yeah, wanting healthcare is also a selfish act. It's not really saying much.

I didn't take the stand that Boomers Care Now

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

look whts happening w/drugs im out of edibles & the pres is struggling 2 hold it together on his maintenance dose this madness must end

openerup

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

replay the greatest hits baby open er up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No ody is sick or dying anymore according to the tracking sites. Open it up.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

live and let die!

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Just lol if you think they're going to punish a billionaire.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

so what's happening

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

idiots thinking that all these people dying in nursing homes means its not actually bad for the general population and not seeing that this is creating a false peak lol

yeah lol its soooo slow and america is so big, there's sooooooooooo much unpurposed flesh remaining. like most of america was in baby steps outbreak when this started and actually did good shutting down. so cool that we get to experience timeline d now too.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

speaking of Elon, he said in the interview that China factories were working full steam ahead for months now

That is true! I just booked a manufacturing job in Shenzhen this morning.

It's prob because they punished factories that disobeyed quarantine. I don't recall the exact rules, but it was something like, if you disobey, we will cut your factory's electricity until the end of quarantine + 2 weeks, or something like that.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

galenanorth posted:

tl;dr It's a mask with a flap of fabric behind the hole that lifts when you put the straw into the mask.

It sounds to me like a bad idea in that you can still spread COVID-19 through the gap between the straw and the mask while you drink. Maybe it improves public health by discouraging irresponsible people who'd be lifting the mask, or maybe not

Fortunately one doesn't need, Southeast Louisiana, to enter into crowded stores to have mixed drinks and daquiris vended; in their astonishing foresight and dedication to safety, they have for many years now permitted drive through options.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Zberan Madowinty posted:

The tests are worthless:

Dude tested negative, flew to UFC fight on private island, tested negative again, isolated from everyone, next day he and 3 others tested positive

In any case, thank God the tests are allocated so that athletes can get multiple tests while they can't even test a corpse to see if that person died from covid. Instead it's all paranoid rear end rich people going "Do I have it now?? *takes another test five minutes later* How about now??"

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Google Butt posted:

elon warrior has logged on

Cursed Image thread is thataway, buddy.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

For the record, this pandemic can choke on my balls.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Lambeau Field is an outdoor athletic stadium in the north central United States, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. With a capacity of 81,441, Lambeau Field is the fifth-largest stadium in the NFL with standing room, but is fourth in normal capacity.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Lambeau Field is an outdoor athletic stadium in the north central United States, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. With a capacity of 81,441, Lambeau Field is the fifth-largest stadium in the NFL with standing room, but is fourth in normal capacity.

honestly how densely can you pack the average packer fan in for standing room

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1259955157078507520

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Well that just took a turn.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MadJackal posted:

For the record, this pandemic can choke on my balls.

some people are reporting dead reproductive organs after Covid 19

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Me 2 Elon. I support you.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

The lockdown position is the new freedom position.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/05/11/breaking-news/hawaii-covid-19-incident-commander-says-rioting-a-possibility-if-economy-falters/

quote:

Maj. Gen. Kenneth Hara, “incident commander” of Hawaii’s new coronavirus response warned the House Select Committee on COVID-19 today about the possibility of rioting if “we let the economy go the way it’s going.”

“At some point we need to accept risks,” Hara told his fellow members of the committee. “We’ve got to accept the fact that people will become infected” and push Hawaii’s health care system “without exceeding the ICU and ventilator capacity.”

He's right about what will happen if we sit on our hands. He's fundamentally wrong about how to prevent it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

bullshit ripoff of Real Stories of the Highway Patrol

lol sudden memories of rescue 911 hosted by william shatner

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
lol

quote:

COLUMBIA, S.C. —

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster announced Monday that close contact service providers, fitness and exercise centers, commercial gyms and public or commercial pools will be able to open in a limited capacity on Monday, May 18.

Close contact service providers include the following businesses: Barbershops, hair salons, waxing salons, threading salons, nail salons and spas, body-art facilities and tattoo services, tanning salons, massage-therapy establishments and massage services.

Commercial gyms will include group exercise facilities such as yoga studios, barre classes and others.

:thunk:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/1259956681909272576

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Disneyland Shanghai opened up again today. Apparently, they sell facemasks printed with different characters that are $19.99 for a pack of 4.

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1257774398641061888

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

I live in a county where our officials are begging people to get tested so we can meet the quota necessary to reopen

What a loving idiot

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

full video

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1259957665117110272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Nashville opens Opry Mills mall after breaking its initial promise to wait until cases went down because "we have better testing now". Meanwhile, there is "concern" enough that police departments are receiving names of COVID-19 positive testing residents in order to "take necessary precautions to protect both our first responders and our residents, including those who are part of Nashville’s diverse immigrant communities."

https://www.simon.com/mall/opry-mills
https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne..._MrKO2mRywqj-Vg