Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

a prominent outcropping called Nausea Knob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ambient oatmeal posted:

a prominent outcropping called Nausea Knob

Erebus: even outside of 40k literally the loving worst.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Jesus miraculously causes dog turds to appear in His neighbors' yard after they complain to the HOA.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Devonaut posted:

Jesus miraculously causes dog turds to appear in His neighbors' yard after they complain to the HOA.

... yeah, dog turds. Right. Of course that's what they are.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Parahexavoctal posted:

... yeah, dog turds. Right. Of course that's what they are.

he said jesus not dumbledore, or riker if you flow yospos scifi canon instead of rowlings eu

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code#/media/File:2_150_150DPI_ty_oerny_08_2011.jpg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I have to post it

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

For example, if someone says "You have to slap yourself", then you can say "But it's Opposite Day!". This forces the other person to slap themselves instead.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Holy lol, that's a good find.

quote:

An extreme overanalysis of this concept would conclude that Opposite day causes a self-referential paradox. In theory, the statement "it is opposite day", if uttered on opposite day, should mean "it is not opposite day". However, the statement "it is not opposite day" also does not clearly communicate the meaning of "it is opposite day", since it must first be communicated that it is opposite day before the statement can be interpreted this way. Therefore, there is no unambiguous way to communicate that the current day is opposite day. However, this issue can be rectified by acknowledging that when the statement "it is Opposite Day" is made, it is exempt from the normal system of reversal as its purpose is to inform others of Opposite Day, and to be better at speaking.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

a brilliant idea—the birds, he says, should stop flying about like idiots

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Clod may refer to:
  • A lump of dirt (soil)
  • A insult used by the Steven Universe character Peridot
  • An oaf, used in such contexts as:
    "Bummer of Love / Food of the Clods", 1997 episode of The Angry Beavers
    Gods and clods, a concept in the 1998 "Chickenpox" episode of South Park
    "Children of a Lesser Clod", 2001 episode of The Simpsons

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
aw yeah gimme the good poo poo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

overmind2000 posted:

Clod may refer to:
  • A lump of dirt (soil)
  • A insult used by the Steven Universe character Peridot
  • An oaf, used in such contexts as:
    "Bummer of Love / Food of the Clods", 1997 episode of The Angry Beavers
    Gods and clods, a concept in the 1998 "Chickenpox" episode of South Park
    "Children of a Lesser Clod", 2001 episode of The Simpsons

yay clod

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
clod struff

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
There are various other rules, including one that specifies that a dog will lose if it attempts to copulate.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Admiral Hon. Sir Reginald Aylmer Ranfurly Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax, KCB, DSO, JP, DL (born Plunkett; 28 August 1880 – 16 October 1967), commonly known as Reginald Plunkett or Reginald Drax, was an Anglo-Irish admiral.[1][2]

Sir Reginald was born in Marylebone, Westminster, the younger son of John Plunkett, 17th Baron of Dunsany (1853–1899)[1] and his wife, Ernle Elizabeth Louisa Maria Grosvenor Burton, later Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax (1855–1916).[1] At 13 days old, he was christened at Holy Trinity Church, Marylebone.[3]

presumably the service actually started the day he was born

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Oh, that's Lord Dunsany's estranged brother.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
sir reginald P-E-E-D lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Ralph Nathaniel Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes /ˈreɪf ˈfaɪnz/[2] (born 22 December 1962) is an English actor, film producer, and director. A Shakespeare interpreter, he first achieved success onstage at the Royal National Theatre.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

David George Philip Cholmondeley, 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley, KCVO, DL (/ˈtʃʌmli/ CHUM-lee); born 27 June 1960), styled Viscount Malpas from birth until 1968, and subsequently Earl of Rocksavage until 1990, is a British peer and filmmaker.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The music video for "My Generation" shows Limp Bizkit performing live on an acrylic glass stage (probably a reference to the line, "the sun don't even shine through our windowpane")

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theadder posted:

David George Philip Cholmondeley, 7th Marquess of Cholmondeley, KCVO, DL (/ˈtʃʌmli/ CHUM-lee); born 27 June 1960), styled Viscount Malpas from birth until 1968, and subsequently Earl of Rocksavage until 1990, is a British peer and filmmaker.

is that the guy who's cucking some royal dude?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

dont think so

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

At a distance of halfway from Earth to the moon, a magnetar could strip information from the magnetic stripes of all credit cards on Earth.

good lord

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

comic book villain articles are cheating

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theadder posted:

dont think so

i guess it's some chumley lady that's doing the naughtiness

Rumors of Prince William’s alleged affair with Rose Hanbury heated up this month after the Marchioness of Cholmondeley was spotted at a royal banquet where Kate Middleton was also in attendance.

:jerkoff:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I mean, if we’re in a situation where a neutron star is parked at the Terra-Luna L1 we’re probably also dealing with, like, some other poo poo as well?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

prefect posted:

chome medley

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
In 2012, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation received a complaint that the episode “Mister Skinnylegs” was not appropriate for Australian audiences, since it encouraged befriending spiders. Given the toxicity of some common Australian spiders, the complaint was upheld and the episode was restricted from being aired on the ABC’s television networks.[17]

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The apocalypse failed to happen on September 15, 2015.[37]

EVERYTHING needs a citation.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

i'm the autonomous worker

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

a lot going on in italy during the years of lead.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I'm the almost original member (do not steal)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

explain how

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

explain how

Launch Antarctica into space

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ambient oatmeal posted: