Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Defenestrategy posted:

These people have literally never had their poo poo robbed, guaranteed. I've had my car robbed twice, once while parked in my complex with stuff locked up inside(through the window) and once because I was an idiot kid and left my car unlocked in the highschool parking lot, both times the police where like "lol, we'll look for any camera footage, but chances are we aren't finding who did it"

https://youtu.be/v7acD4q0lp0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

not caring here posted:

Running from the lady reporters like he running from the draft office

Lmao “running”

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1259959265545969665?s=19

GOAT

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LingcodKilla posted:

If it gets open carried banned I’ll laugh my rear end off.

It won't apply equally

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

orange juche posted:

https://twitter.com/Havok73/status/1259951887547170816?s=20

This is an interesting take from the responses to that bookstore getting robbed.

"Well since they didn't call the cops and threaten retribution for the theft, they've opened themselves up to every criminal in the area who wants to crime because now they know they will suffer no repercussions"

Some people are beyond redeemable.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

lol what?
https://twitter.com/erikstrobl/status/1259964480211091464

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

We’ve never had a dumber president and with him that’s good because he’s also malicious and incompetent.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Welp, time for a drink.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Donnie didn't write his book report again.

"Hatchet is a fine book, a very fine book, about a very fine hatchet."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I hate the people who support him more than him at this point

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

Honestly, yeah.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

The real crack ping moment for me was realizing that what we're going through watching this dude, is probably similar to what chuds thought they where experiencing during the Obama years, and really it made me question the nature of reality.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ladies and gentlemen. The president of the united states of america. :911:

Defenestrategy posted:

The real crack ping moment for me was realizing that what we're going through watching this dude, is probably similar to what chuds thought they where experiencing during the Obama years, and really it made me question the nature of reality.

But Obama is actually articulate and able to convey things beyond 'everyone knows/everyone says/everyone is talking about'

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Defenestrategy posted:

The both sides is coming from inside the thread!

I know you aren’t actually both sidesing but our dumb media credulously repeating admin talking points leads to people who do.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Defenestrategy posted:

Yeah except I was alive in the 80s and 90s, when Donald Trump was a big walking gold plated punch line. We've had decades to get to know Trump as a garish, tasteless, venal parody of a rich human being. It's not like he came out of nowhere and I suddenly decided he was horrible. I've thought he was horrible for a long, long time.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I can't believe more journalists haven't lost their cool and just started screaming and berating him, it's impressive.

One of them needs to start doing the old
:allears: - "Well of course you and I understand, but could you please explain it for all the viewers who aren't as Great and Smart as you are *wink wink*"

Bigbrain narcissist types always fall for that bullshit.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I mean I know this, members of this dead comedy forum know this, a not insignificant portion of the populace know this but it's hard not to feel like "am I actually the stupid one?", because a not insignificant portion of the populace watched Obama and called him the worst thing to happen to America and is watching Trump almost four years in and is applauding like he's the greatest politician and thinker America ever produced.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
You ever met a racism?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Defenestrategy posted:

I mean I know this, members of this dead comedy forum know this, a not insignificant portion of the populace know this but it's hard not to feel like "am I actually the stupid one?", because a not insignificant portion of the populace watched Obama and called him the worst thing to happen to America and is watching Trump almost four years in and is applauding like he's the greatest politician and thinker America ever produced.

Friend said someone he knew told him trump had a 145 iq.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He meant a 14.5.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1259953698022834184?s=20

Last thing everyone searches: how do I do a Tor?

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

These people have literally never had their poo poo robbed, guaranteed. I've had my car robbed twice, once while parked in my complex with stuff locked up inside(through the window) and once because I was an idiot kid and left my car unlocked in the highschool parking lot, both times the police where like "lol, we'll look for any camera footage, but chances are we aren't finding who did it"

The national solve rate for burglary is just a bit under 14%. Some jurisdictions do slightly better than others but few do radically better. It's one of the things that drive me nuts with home security stuff. People tend to fixate on things like cameras to catch people but even with video the cops aren't gonna put a ton of effort in. But they'd rather spend the money on those than things that do much better to reduce their chance of being robbed. Like the lock reinforcement kits, or the window film kits. It becomes clear people have these hosed up fantasies about getting revenge on people robbing them that are more important than preventing it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I don't really have a dog in that burglary fight other than to say some insurance companies want police reports for certain claims. That's a significant financial incentive to go to the police in most cases where there's a loss or damage to property. It's not just the tiny chance of catching the guy.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

quote:

According to Bussard Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels viewed the lumpenproletariat as:[21]

essentially parasitical group was largely the remains of older, obsolete stages of social development, and that it could not normally play a progressive role in history. Indeed, because it acted only out of socially ignorant self-interest, the lumpenproletariat was easily bribed by reactionary forces and could be used to combat the true proletariat in its efforts to bring about the end of bourgeois society. Without a clear class-consciousness, the lumpenproletariat could not play a positive role in society. Instead, it exploited society for its own ends, and was in turn exploited as a tool of destruction and reaction.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/chickenpaprika/status/1259953350298275840?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We'll find out in Florida this fall

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Thomamelas posted:

The national solve rate for burglary is just a bit under 14%. Some jurisdictions do slightly better than others but few do radically better. It's one of the things that drive me nuts with home security stuff. People tend to fixate on things like cameras to catch people but even with video the cops aren't gonna put a ton of effort in. But they'd rather spend the money on those than things that do much better to reduce their chance of being robbed. Like the lock reinforcement kits, or the window film kits. It becomes clear people have these hosed up fantasies about getting revenge on people robbing them that are more important than preventing it.

Any house is a soft target unless you are really paranoid and spend a ton. Someone will get in if they really want it. Not that you ignore the things that make it a slightly harder target.

I have motion triggered cameras front and back and an alarm but the big win is going to be the 802.11 surveillance antenna. Everyone has their phone on them. Get those beacon frames and you can basically know who did it and where they hang out.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Oh great, so the malfunctioning simulation that is our hellscape reality is now being run by the 7-dimensional equivalent of 4chan.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lol, good one

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Is that truck loving?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Somebody better end that piece of poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The best source I'm seeing for this is reddit or kiwifarms. None of the Aussie news outlets I recognize are coming up on google.

Laranzu posted:

I have motion triggered cameras front and back and an alarm but the big win is going to be the 802.11 surveillance antenna. Everyone has their phone on them. Get those beacon frames and you can basically know who did it and where they hang out.

Great, now I have a new thing to read up on because that sounds cool as hell.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Godholio posted:

The best source I'm seeing for this is reddit or kiwifarms. None of the Aussie news outlets I recognize are coming up on google.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-52612957

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Godholio posted:

Great, now I have a new thing to read up on because that sounds cool as hell.

It happened several weeks ago, he was in court today.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...76e45191889fa0d

efb

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Laranzu posted:

Any house is a soft target unless you are really paranoid and spend a ton. Someone will get in if they really want it. Not that you ignore the things that make it a slightly harder target.

You can make it hard enough to be a deterrent for most burglars. The lock reinforcement kits make so you need a bit more force than a boot and foot can provide to kick in the door. The window films can make it so you really need to put some effort into breaking a window. And improving window locks is pretty cheap. All of which lock down most of the common break in entrance points. Securing attached garage doors better tends to be a bit pricey but doable. It's a matter of understanding the threat assessment. Securing a home against a burglar is a different than securing it against a stalker. One tends to be more determined than the other. Most burglars are looking for ease of access. Deny that and they just generally look for easier targets.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wow, jealous much?

(you may want to edit that)

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Double rainbow guy died. Non rona related but dude was only 57

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laranzu posted:

If you carry your phone when doing crimes you deserve to be in jail

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you carry your phone when doing crimes you deserve to be in jail

Counterpoint: we massively overuse jail and prison in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

Counterpoint: we massively overuse jail and prison in America.

This is certainly going to trigger a reasonable and productive discussion.