Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

it's corporate suicide by cop

instead of a puff of wind toppling the house of cards, its was the perfidious state, you see
getting that bonus and then running it into the ground before bad decisions catch up to him would be a clever plan but i dont know if his ego could handle it. using the jobs of employees is a pretty lovely way to do it though. not that rules apply to musk but are there laws protecting the employees or legal action making them come in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

he literally hasn't been held accountable for anything to date so why isn't the very simple explanation of, 'he can't be told no' not sufficient here?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
oh good i'm glad he's decided to take one for his team and ask that they aren't arrested, something over which he has no control

now all they have to fear is losing their job, losing their benefits, and the risk of catching the disease, three much more immediate concerns over which he has absolute control

what a great guy

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

quote:

are there laws protecting the employees or
not in my america

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
employees that don’t show up to work face the possibility of being fired for not being at work. employees that do face the possibility of catching a deadly virus or being arrested.

what a shitbag move.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
erik's post is a little too esoteric for me i do not get the joke. esoterik, you might even say.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
if you think about it, elon musk and rosa parks are both african american

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

erik's post is a little too esoteric for me i do not get the joke. esoterik, you might even say.

His videos are incredibly witty and thoughtful, and just plain hilarious. It's amazing for someone who got famous for attempting to perform every day tasks while smoking 20x salvia extracts.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what does the sexy daddy tweet mean though

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

his thing at the moment is instead of posting mean things at idiots he posts shirtless old men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65aYK0AoMc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ah ok

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

He recently started posting pictures of shirtless old men on 5G conspiracy pages to confuse and anger the boomers. It's very effective.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

spankmeister posted:

He recently started posting pictures of shirtless old men on 5G conspiracy pages to confuse and anger the boomers. It's very effective.

i mean, it's working right now isn't it?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Salvia Erik used SHIRTLESS OLD MAN, It's super effective!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

infernal machines posted:

:drat:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

infernal machines posted:

correlation is not causation

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I demand an empirical study on the effectiveness of shirtless old men in internet trolling

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
imagine being Elon Musk

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

his thing at the moment is instead of posting mean things at idiots he posts shirtless old men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65aYK0AoMc

holy poo poo the last time i laughed this hard was snapcube sonic riders.

i love you and this

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

imagine being Elon Musk

imagine being someone that would rather go to jail and get his company shut down than go home to his girlfriend and child

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

The Fool posted:

imagine being someone that would rather go to jail and get his company shut down than go home to his girlfriend and child

i see the boomer hate of family has come full circle then.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lol even the commenters at ars (who anecdotally I've seen giving elong the benefit of the doubt on a number of things) are all like "throw that fucker in jail"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
state law allows up to 90 days in jail for running a business in defiance of the health order.

please lord let some judge just slam him with that before he can even open his mouth in court.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
he'd prolly still go to one of those luxury jails that they run here where it's like $180/night and you get gourmet food and wine and only hafta sleep there at night during the week

mystes
May 31, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he'd prolly still go to one of those luxury jails that they run here where it's like $180/night and you get gourmet food and wine and only hafta sleep there at night during the week
The Epstein treatment, unfortunately like the first time Epstein went to jail.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

it's from his 5g video where he realizes it's impossible for him to be nice to 5g conspiracy theorists but he still has to :justpost: so he just posts pictures of hot shirtless old men instead

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they should put him in LA county

then again while he’s tweeting all this in LA the factory is in Fremont so maybe they should put him in alameda county since he’s breaking the law here

the alameda sheriffs office is infested with white supremacists so he should fit right in

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

they should put him in LA county

then again while he’s tweeting all this in LA the factory is in Fremont so maybe they should put him in alameda county since he’s breaking the law here

the alameda sheriffs office is infested with white supremacists so he should fit right in

Reopen The Rock.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

Lmao this is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while, exactly what I needed today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxSC3ibqwUw

Liked commented and subscribed

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

he's gonna make mandela jokes, you know.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
The reasons for not restarting production seem to be dogmatic and not evidence driven. Tesla is running the factory at a 30-40% capacity, and the Fremont factory has 5.3 million square feet of manufacturing and office space. Tesla claims their plan will ensure 6 ft of distance for every employee, and PPE and masks are provided and mandatory. Even the HVAC is changed to optimise for fresh air turnover and filters are changed on a regular basis.

Tesla's full list is available here: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/blog_attachments/T...

A Tesla factory is a much safer place to be than a Home Depot or a Costco, and many other businesses open in California today. We aren't talking about sporting events here: we're talking about some of the lowest risk and unavoidable interactions.

Carmakers are also defined as a COVID19 critical industry, and every other carmaker manufacturing in the United States is either open, or capable of open today. This puts Tesla at a serious disadvantage.

This is locking down for the sake of locking down, not an evidence-first safety driven approach. That is something I cannot support.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
You must also take into account the history of intentional civil disobedience where the government has over reached and the population simply reaches the point where it refuses to comply.

Prohibition is obviously a prime example of this, but if you consider various laws that once existed or are currently on the books but no longer enforced (think laws pertaining to racial segregation, sexuality, drug use, and such) you realize that being a law abiding citizen does not mean you are no longer allowed to think for yourself. Read up on "Jury Nullification" or "Jury Equity

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

remember way back in the day when salvia was all the rage here and a goon made that 'driving on salvia' video that went viral? that's erik. he runs a youtube channel now called 'internet comment etiquette' that's really loving funny

i don’t remember this

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

source your quotes

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

The reasons for not restarting production seem to be dogmatic and not evidence driven. Tesla is running the factory at a 30-40% capacity, and the Fremont factory has 5.3 million square feet of manufacturing and office space. Tesla claims their plan will ensure 6 ft of distance for every employee, and PPE and masks are provided and mandatory. Even the HVAC is changed to optimise for fresh air turnover and filters are changed on a regular basis.

Tesla's full list is available here: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/blog_attachments/T...

A Tesla factory is a much safer place to be than a Home Depot or a Costco, and many other businesses open in California today. We aren't talking about sporting events here: we're talking about some of the lowest risk and unavoidable interactions.

Carmakers are also defined as a COVID19 critical industry, and every other carmaker manufacturing in the United States is either open, or capable of open today. This puts Tesla at a serious disadvantage.

This is locking down for the sake of locking down, not an evidence-first safety driven approach. That is something I cannot support.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

You must also take into account the history of intentional civil disobedience where the government has over reached and the population simply reaches the point where it refuses to comply.

Prohibition is obviously a prime example of this, but if you consider various laws that once existed or are currently on the books but no longer enforced (think laws pertaining to racial segregation, sexuality, drug use, and such) you realize that being a law abiding citizen does not mean you are no longer allowed to think for yourself. Read up on "Jury Nullification" or "Jury Equity

how can one man be so wrong in literally every sentence he puts out

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Also, they had approval to open up next week, he is throwing this giant fit over 7 days

This is the dude who is so worried about his companies value so much that he crashed the value by like 10% 2 weeks ago by tweeting the stock was overvalued.

He ain't exactly firing on all cylinders

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

can't wait for

a jury to nullify quarantine laws in order for elon musk to make more money.

tbh that's a very american thing.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I mean he's already had jury nullification win for him once or twice so why not keep on rolling

mystes
May 31, 2006

Platystemon posted:

source your quotes
It's obviously from HN, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Fool posted:

I demand an empirical study on the effectiveness of shirtless old men in internet trolling

shirtless old men, trolling the world

Platystemon posted:

Reopen The Rock.

just him no other prisoners, full isolation