Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Dude is a huge piece of poo poo and he'll probably (hopefully) get shanked in jail soon.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mlmp08 posted:

Counterpoint: we massively overuse jail and prison in America.

Fine then. You need to find another line of work

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

This is certainly going to trigger a reasonable and productive discussion.

If saying that America overuses incarceration versus other forms of behavior modification sounds inflammatory to you, that should be cause for self-reflection.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

If saying that America overuses incarceration versus other forms of behavior modification sounds inflammatory to you, that should be cause for self-reflection.

It's more how you just threw it into a conversation for no reason besides to start a fight.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:jerky:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Stravag posted:

Double rainbow guy died. Non rona related but dude was only 57

About that...

quote:

Mr. Vasquez had been in ill health recently and posted about it on his Facebook page. On May 5, he was tested for COVID-19 and posted a picture, captioned in part, “I’ll get my results in two days, however at this point I’m fairly certain that I don’t have it. I didn’t have a fever. Something else is going on with me.”

Two days earlier, he had posted that he was feverish and was having trouble breathing, but had no intention of visiting a hospital, let alone dying in one. “Whatever happens I’m ready for it, I’m happy to experience it all, it might only be pollen and I’ll have more time in my apartment, if it’s the virus and it’s my time to recycle I look forward to coming back to a new body and starting over, whatever happens I’m enjoying the ride,” part of the May 3 post reads.

https://www.modbee.com/news/local/article242633931.html

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

It's more how you just threw it into a conversation for no reason besides to start a fight.

This is so loving backward.

OP: more jail!
Me: jail usage is kinda poo poo in this country.
OP: fair point but criminals often do dumb things.

That’s tame discourse!

You are the one who leapt in unannounced to argue that it is inflammatory to point out that America overuses incarceration.

If your default position is that it is call-out worthy and inflammatory speech to say that America overuses incarceration, then that is entirely your problem, not mine.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Godholio posted:

The best source I'm seeing for this is reddit or kiwifarms. None of the Aussie news outlets I recognize are coming up on google.

Great, now I have a new thing to read up on because that sounds cool as hell.

Basically this. Just using different software. The page does a good job of explaining probe requests and how they can give away info.

https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/log-wi-fi-probe-requests-from-smartphones-laptops-with-probemon-0176303/

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah except I was alive in the 80s and 90s, when Donald Trump was a big walking gold plated punch line. We've had decades to get to know Trump as a garish, tasteless, venal parody of a rich human being. It's not like he came out of nowhere and I suddenly decided he was horrible. I've thought he was horrible for a long, long time.
This had me stupefied in Autumn 2015, that's for sure. I was working overseas with a mix of ages from older gen-X to millennial, and it was like some collective amnesia poo poo-like he's only existed while The Apprentice was playing and they had in mind some vision of his intelligence and competence entirely at odds with his well-documented history.

I would have guessed a boomer would know better, but I suppose his shortcomings were unimportant to the prime demographic voting him in. Perhaps they saw it as a bonus.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

mlmp08 posted:

This is so loving backward.

OP: more jail!
Me: jail usage is kinda poo poo in this country.
OP: fair point but criminals often do dumb things.

That’s tame discourse!

You are the one who leapt in unannounced to argue that it is inflammatory to point out that America overuses incarceration.

If your default position is that it is call-out worthy and inflammatory speech to say that America overuses incarceration, then that is entirely your problem, not mine.

Give it a rest

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Give it a rest

Nah, incarceration apologia and/or cheerleading is bad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bell_ posted:

This had me stupefied in Autumn 2015, that's for sure. I was working overseas with a mix of ages from older gen-X to millennial, and it was like some collective amnesia poo poo-like he's only existed while The Apprentice was playing and they had in mind some vision of his intelligence and competence entirely at odds with his well-documented history.

I would have guessed a boomer would know better, but I suppose his shortcomings were unimportant to the prime demographic voting him in. Perhaps they saw it as a bonus.

Trump proves that any idiot with enough money (source doesnt matter) can become the president and that deeply resonates with the 50% of people with below average intelligence. Like really he should be lauded as our first mentally handicap president. A trailer blazer for sure.

Also he's white as all hell.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Thing i had read said he tested negative and had some heart issues in the past but it was on fbook and refresh took it away

Stravag fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 12, 2020

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
A lot of America thinks rich equals good at business. A lot of America can have it's description ended with "The Aristocrats!", though

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

Nah, incarceration apologia and/or cheerleading is bad.

The comment was about how people carrying phones to crime are dumb. You flip that into "incarceration apologia." Take a breath.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

...and there was never a prison derail ever again.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I say we bring back transportation. Commit a heinous crime, get deported to Mississippi.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Oh great, so the malfunctioning simulation that is our hellscape reality is now being run by the 7-dimensional equivalent of 4chan.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1259985564033564672?s=19

🤡

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I say we bring back transportation. Commit a heinous crime, get deported to Mississippi.

Violates the 8th

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bored As gently caress posted:

Somebody better end that piece of poo poo.

He already ended four of ‘em, let the guy have a day off jeez

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Sad about double rainbow man :(

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Is it wrong that this may have been my crack-ping moment?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kuroyama posted:

Is it wrong that this may have been my crack-ping moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouOI2Hbi4fo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/s...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Let nobody say he wasn't right about growing tired of all this winning

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

"But Doctor, I am in Mississippi"

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Off duty correctional officer leads lynch mob to the wrong house in North Carolina.

White deputy, black family.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/us/North-Carolina-deputy-charges-racism.html

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

Take a breath.

You got mad because of this sentence "We massively overuse jail and prison in America"

Chill out; the sentence above is about the most lukewarm take except among those who subscribe to "law and order" BS or lobby for the prison complex.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Basticle posted:

It happened several weeks ago, he was in court today.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...76e45191889fa0d

efb

So I'm not a fan of America's ridiculous sentencing but this guy absolutely should not have been a free man.

quote:

In 2008, Mr Pusey was jailed for nine months but had his sentence suspended for assaulting his girlfriend, the court heard.

In 2018, he was convicted of reckless conduct endangering injury when he tried to blow up a Fitzroy pub because staff asked him to leave.
Det Sen Const Price said an intoxicated Mr Pusey removed a gas bottle from an outside heater, opened the valve and placed it inside the venue.

In 2019, during a Tiger Airways flight from Melbourne to Brisbane, Mr Pusey filmed flight crew and called one member a “fat cow”. He was physically removed and convicted of public nuisance.

Mr Pusey was also placed on a good behaviour bond for stalking in 2018, fined for using a carriage service to menace and hauled back before the courts for a road rage incident that allegedly saw him remove the keys from another car’s ignition and drive away with them.

Det Sen Const Price said Mr Pusey once placed a “threatening” phone call to a Westpac employee in which he named her young daughter despite never being given her details.

He also cited a threat Mr Pusey allegedly made to an employee from a debt collection agency. In a voicemail message, the 41-year-old told her he would write the company logo on a car and “drive it down Bourke Street”. Police say the reference was to killer James Gargasoulas’ 2017 rampage that killed six people including children.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

PeterCat posted:

Off duty correctional officer leads lynch mob to the wrong house in North Carolina.

Took an entire work week to fire someone who led a lynch mob in uniform on his off time. "There was probably enough evidemce to arrest him sunday but we didn't want to rush anything" isnt that the loving truth.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Considering it takes months to arrest white men for the murder of a black man that's pretty quick

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/NPRinskeep/status/1259828969085513729?s=20

A very no-nonsense breakdown of the BS used to cut funding to virus research, especially the virologist who had been collaborating with the Wuhan institute of virology until his funding was cut due to misinformation and political shenanigans.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

PeterCat posted:

Oh hey that’s the county where I used to live. Not surprising in the slightest, the second you get away from the beach it turns into backwoods NC with a quickness you wouldn’t believe. There’s literally a town named “Whiteville” about an hour’s drive inland, towards the Fayetteville area :suicide:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This guy shocked by Whitesville has never heard of a lynchburg I guess

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It’s a place I try not to think about at all, ever :v:

e: it doesn’t help things that Wilmington was the only major port of the confederacy for about half of the civil war, being the destination for blockade runners and having 2 entrances to the port, separated by some massive shoals. There are some strong confederate roots there.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 12, 2020

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1259999110188412928

:thunk:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Repeat it until it becomes reality

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Then again, it's pretty clear nobody ITT knows what that word means.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

joat mon posted:

Then again, it's pretty clear nobody ITT knows what that word means.

How was I misusing the term? Because the mob didn't come with a rope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

:munch: