Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's still true? The time for worrying in your basement is over, and it's probably a good time for everyone to reevaluate their media/internet consumption trends in light of new evidence.

I was told there would be a billion dead people in Georgia by Monday, seems like that didn't happen?

Wait a second, the top news story out of Georgia is currently Abrams endorsing Biden? Huh? How is anyone even still alive down there?

It's true that there are some goons over-reacting and developing a fear of leaving their house even when there's almost no risk (going out for a walk), small risk (getting delivery or going through a drive thru) or the risk being worthwhile (dental work when you really need it) but lol at anyone believing the numbers from Florida or Georgia and using that to tell people to stop worrying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/1259604871529017344?s=20

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

still no toilet paper/paper towels/etc. at my grocery store :(

the meat section is depressing but I got some chicken nuggets and some chicken breasts for a good price and stocked up on cheese and butter and eggs

I think pretty much everyone was wearing a mask at least

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Called my family the other day and my dad went on about how there are tons of companies out there that are ready to do at-home antibody tests and the government just isn't letting them do it

I wish I had the means to believe in competent but evil government and not just that they're all a bunch of loving thieving morons trying harder to get every last dollar than actually accomplish anything

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's still true? The time for worrying in your basement is over, and it's probably a good time for everyone to reevaluate their media/internet consumption trends in light of new evidence.

I was told there would be a billion dead people in Georgia by Monday, seems like that didn't happen?

Wait a second, the top news story out of Georgia is currently Abrams endorsing Biden? Huh? How is anyone even still alive down there?

Your only options are reopening everything or cowering in your basement in fear. There are no alternatives.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my dad paid for a full year of dental coverage under COBRA for me (like less than $20/month for really good coverage) and I had to cancel my appointment in january and never rescheduled bc of work and now I can't go at all lmao

at least my hosed up filling's sensitivity has waned after 8 months and I can eat room-temperature food on the left side of my mouth again :peanut:

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i go on cobra next month and for just me it's $750 a month and for the whole family it's just shy of $2000 a month

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

snoo posted:

the meat section is depressing but I got some chicken nuggets and some chicken breasts for a good price and stocked up on cheese and butter and eggs

bake a turkey

its very healthy meat, its dirt cheap righ tnow, and you get a poo poo load of it

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I can only go to one store and they don't have turkey or anything like that at this time of year lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

needs more falling debris

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

snoo posted:

the meat section is always depressing because it is full of dead animals

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spoondick posted:

i go on cobra next month and for just me it's $750 a month and for the whole family it's just shy of $2000 a month

Why not use the ACA? Its early in the year so deductible preservation on cobra doesn't make sense

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

mastershakeman posted:

Why not use the ACA? Its early in the year so deductible preservation on cobra doesn't make sense

it's a medical leave situation instead of an unemployment situation, normal insurance resumes after the leave is over

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

baw posted:

the meat section is always depressing because it is full of dead animals

fair

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spoondick posted:

it's a medical leave situation instead of an unemployment situation, normal insurance resumes after the leave is over

God drat that sucks , I didn't realize medical leave would knock anyone off employer insurance

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

but everyone loves their health insurance

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

mastershakeman posted:

God drat that sucks , I didn't realize medical leave would knock anyone off employer insurance

yeah, the cutoff is apparently 6 months which wasn't even on my radar at the beginning of this because i was planning on already being back by now but for some reason those darned surgeries keep getting delayed

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

ahahahah there is literally nothing to look forward to why am i awake

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Your only options are reopening everything or cowering in your basement in fear. There are no alternatives.

i changed my mind i want to keep things locked down to tank the economy & spite everyone who wants to cry about losing money now

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

being at home 24/7 owns

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

magiccarpet posted:

just swap out "Better Posts Aren't Possible" at the top of the page for this, tia

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
So uh, what’s up in Russia?

2nd highest recorded case amount, less than a 9/11s worth of reported deaths

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Shipon posted:

i changed my mind i want to keep things locked down to tank the economy & spite everyone who wants to cry about losing money now

:same:

Apr 7, 2003

snoo posted:

being at home 24/7 owns

I've written off this entire year for eating out, public gatherings, etc.

These people crowding into restaurants and onto beaches right now clearly do not give a poo poo about their own health, so they can't give a poo poo about mine.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

snoo posted:

being at home 24/7 owns

What is nice is now that I'm home constantly I realized how much of my workout stuff I purged when I moved to DC, so we bought an elliptical, I've got another machine being delivered in the next week, and got some free weights in the next week too

the gently caress else am i gonna do other than smoke and game

it's good

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shipon posted:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

snoo posted:

being at home 24/7 owns

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Spoondick posted:

You can still enroll with a life-changing event which can be as little as "change in income"

That's how I switched my wife and I over to a subsidized ACA plan and got my kids on CHIP even though I'm probably going back on payroll this week because our business got the PPP.

Apr 7, 2003

mods change my name to 'got dat PPP'

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

the power of lies, most likely

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The funny thing is that states that "reopened" like Georgia are seeing an ~80% reduction in business for restaurants and places like that, so the world isn't ending because those states are still effectively in lockdown. And their cases are still going up.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
But also restrictions on outdoor activity that weren't higher-level things like enforcing reduced capacity at parks/beaches or social distancing while outside were always dumb

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

The funny thing is that states that "reopened" like Georgia are seeing an ~80% reduction in business for restaurants and places like that, so the world isn't ending because those states are still effectively in lockdown. And their cases are still going up.

You really gotta hand it to humanity for figuring out the absolute worst thing to do

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

They’re just ignoring the piles of bodies outside of the hospitals

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

0 covid deaths - all 2116 dead in russia tragically fell from hospital windows, just a lot of oopsies!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Thump! posted:

They’re just ignoring the piles of bodies outside of the hospitals

listen man those hosipitals are dangerous a lot of doctors are falling out of windows

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

magiccarpet posted:

Are you familiar with our Lord and savior the action movie thread, with the apostles Scott Adkins, Wu Jing , Tony jaa, iko uwais, Donnie yen, max Zhang, et al?

Just go on hoopla and go nuts with foreign action movies, plenty of English language ones on Netflix/prime as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I saw this event and it was without audience and a little creepy and everyone tried to pretend everything is normal, and shaking hands

except for Justin Gaetje who didn’t want to shake Joe Rogan’s hand, but then Joe said “oh psh I don’t care about that” and they shook bloody hands

weird times, although I’m glad I got to see a zombie fight a human

UFC has always been creepy af. The ring getting filled with blood is a sign that the thing you're indulging in is creepy.