Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Personally I like always-evil Sindel rather than "probably mind-raped by Shao Kahn" Sindel. It helps that her new voice actor is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

evil sindel being her actual personality also makes all those horny femme fatale dialog intros they gave her a lot less hosed up

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Alright, yeah, I can see your point.

EorayMel posted:

I want Quan Chi to be my dad.

Really?
I mean, really?
Come on, man. At least pick a fun terrible potential parent, like Bo' Rai Cho.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I'm still thinking about the potential for a gay Shao Kahn. I mean, he would be a sensation in any gay BDSM club.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

To think this entire time, "you suck" was an imperative.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So it's looking like the reason myself and many others can't buy Aftermath right now is because of owning the premium edition of the launch game that came with the Ninja Mime Johnny Cage skin. For some reason the store thinks you're trying to buy content you already own, and blocks you from getting it. Not sure why, since that skin shouldn't be a part of Aftermath anyway, but that's the common thread. You can confirm this by looking at the Aftermath + Kombat Pack bundle, and if you click on why it's unavailable, it's because you already own the item "Premium skin".

Seems like it should be an easy fix to just disassociate Aftermath from that specific dlc item. Hurry up and fix it WB we figured it out for you.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Sindel was Queen of Edenia and all-around good person until Shao Kahn rolls in with Mortal Kombat, kills her husband and merges the realms. He takes her as a bride and Kitana as his daughter and at some point Sindel commits suicide to get away from him. I'm not sure when that happened because the MK timeline is aburd. Anyway, Sindel gets ressurected on Earth by Shang Tsung which lets Shao Kahn merges the realms to go and get her. She's rather blatantly brainwashed and evil here but eventually Kitana frees her from this. She becomes Queen of Edenia after its de-merged with Outworld then spends the rest of the pre-MK9 games either queen/good/prisoner/dead because MK.

In MK9 she gets ressed again, overloaded with Shang Tsung's souls and kills loving everyone but is still blatantly being brainwashed. She turns revanant along with everyone she killed and just goes around being evil with all the other revanants.

Apparantlly (as I've barely kept up with MK11 KP things at her release) Sindel was now always evil and helped Shao Kahn murder her husband because he was weak. As did D'vhora. Then... Shang Tsung I think killed her again? No suicide this time. I'm not really sure.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MK9 has Shang Tsung make a goofy joke about a deadly alliance with Quan Chi, and I want Quan Chi back for more of that

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I like the implication that Quan Chi keeps turning people into revenants because that's the only way he can get anyone to hang out with him.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

exquisite tea posted:

I like the implication that Quan Chi keeps turning people into revenants because that's the only way he can get anyone to hang out with him.

The MKX quan chi mirror match intro where they MUST fight and one says "You were my only friend."

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Suspicious Cook posted:

I hope they bring back Quan Chi because he rules. He's a sorcerer whose main magic power is being a dick.

I appreciate his dedication to being a dick but boy does he make a good punching bag.

I did all my fatality practice on him in mkx (was he in that one?)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

McTimmy posted:

Sindel was Queen of Edenia and all-around good person until Shao Kahn rolls in with Mortal Kombat, kills her husband and merges the realms. He takes her as a bride and Kitana as his daughter and at some point Sindel commits suicide to get away from him. I'm not sure when that happened because the MK timeline is aburd. Anyway, Sindel gets ressurected on Earth by Shang Tsung which lets Shao Kahn merges the realms to go and get her. She's rather blatantly brainwashed and evil here but eventually Kitana frees her from this. She becomes Queen of Edenia after its de-merged with Outworld then spends the rest of the pre-MK9 games either queen/good/prisoner/dead because MK.

In MK9 she gets ressed again, overloaded with Shang Tsung's souls and kills loving everyone but is still blatantly being brainwashed. She turns revanant along with everyone she killed and just goes around being evil with all the other revanants.

Apparantlly (as I've barely kept up with MK11 KP things at her release) Sindel was now always evil and helped Shao Kahn murder her husband because he was weak. As did D'vhora. Then... Shang Tsung I think killed her again? No suicide this time. I'm not really sure.

The bit that you're missing is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMt8VCxjcdI

King Crab posted:

I appreciate his dedication to being a dick but boy does he make a good punching bag.

I did all my fatality practice on him in mkx (was he in that one?)

He was! In the story mode he unleashed Shinnok just before getting decapitated by Hanzo Hasashi.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

EorayMel posted:

I want Shao Kahn to be my dad.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Pope Hilarius II posted:

The implications of forced marriage perhaps made them change their minds and do the retcon, because (1) they wouldn't have to deal with implied sexual violence (unless you believe Shao Kahn is asexual or gay)

shao khan is hella gay, with me, his boyfriend

we're also that goon's dads

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wait, was the overloading with Shang Tsung's souls the reason as to why Sindel was able to mop the floor with everyone?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Azran posted:

Wait, was the overloading with Shang Tsung's souls the reason as to why Sindel was able to mop the floor with everyone?

I guess it's not explicitly stated but it coraltes enough for me to assume it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Azran posted:

Pretty explicitly, yeah. It's in Kabal's story mode chapter in MK9.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Huh, played it a long time ago but I totally forgot that bit. Thanks

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

paradoxGentleman posted:

We need more good parents.

Shao Kahn is a very loving papa of Mileena, and was ready to fight for her honour at the drop of a pin in the MK11 story mode.

Just he had this other rotten no-good kid Kitana that nobody could love.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Shao Kahn is a very loving papa of Mileena, and was ready to fight for her honour at the drop of a pin in the MK11 story mode.

Which is hilarious since Mileena was around for all of two minutes before everyone got pulled into the future.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

McTimmy posted:

Which is hilarious since Mileena was around for all of two minutes before everyone got pulled into the future.

He knew that she would eventually emerge though, since Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits were full of earlier attempts that probably hadn't merited the :discourse:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Evil Canadian posted:

I took that as more, "That is my property, how dare you break my property" kind of thing. Since he is the worst.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1260238306790576129?s=20

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I could honestly lose every single match I will ever have in any given Kombat League season and not care a single iota if all my opponents ended matches with Friendships.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

god I can't wait for broadcasted tournaments to resume

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
My goofy dream guest character is still Darkman, a character nobody wants or cares for

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bullbar posted:

My goofy dream guest character is still Darkman, a character nobody wants or cares for

Buy the DLC! Just Five Bucks!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Seeing Nintendo of America tweet about an M rated game still feels off to me

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fe0j60n-8

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Wait, if Sheeva is gonna be grapple heavy again, doing her tower is going to be a nightmare against Kronika.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

New gameplay trailer. Fujin with the anime airdash combos looks really fun to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDx-lZabbng

Also the PSN store issue with buying the DLC seems to be fixed.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

New gameplay trailer. Fujin with the anime airdash combos looks really fun to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDx-lZabbng

Also the PSN store issue with buying the DLC seems to be fixed.

:prepop:

:eyepop:

:bernpop:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is there a printer-friendly database of MK 11 attacks/combos anywhere on the internet? Myy cursory search suggests that no, there isn't.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Fujin had some insane corner carry, jesus. Sheeva looking like a classic Shokan bruiser, I'm into it.

Not feeling Robocop but that fatality was good

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Imagine Robocop shooting The Kollector in his Nakada Cock (Cockada, if you will) as he makes dinosaur noises right before he explodes from the grenade chucked at his mouth bouncing behind him exploding from the dickshot bullet, forever.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Some more shots via Playstation Blog (linked because the GFYCat embed script kept insisting on embedding the 1080p versions)

The original grey Robocop suit
The bluer suit from Robocop 2
And Robocop as an MK3 Cyber-Ninja, because why not

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

on one hand love the stuff they did for Robocop, that victory walkway with blowing up the opponent loving owns.

on the other hand they completely hosed up how the Auto-9 is supposed to sound and idk how to forgive that

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I actually really like how they updated Sheeva's klassic look.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

siiiick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Everything about that trailer was amazing and gives me big hopes for Aftermath. That said the thing that would cinch it all together is if we get a solid balance patch that tweaks certain aspects of the game that nobody is really happy with (like breakaways).

It's basically "Season 2" so its the perfect time to change up gameplay mechanics, oh and to buff Shao Kahn so he isn't the worst friggin character in the game.