Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

Crumpet
Hey rear end clown,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Popping a vein anytime I see a box of Cheerios

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oi this just ain't cricket

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

If you catty shitheads are done you should really read this story for a mood boost.

It blows my mind that Mick writes as well as he does with severe TBI while 90% of people online can barely sting a sentence together.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

in briatian they say cheeky instead of catty

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

in briatian they say cheeky instead of catty

No that's 'fanny'. Cheeky is slang for vagina.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its just cheeky nandos

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jokes aside people with english accents always have the edge in sounding intelligent and distinguished when it's being heard by an American so I'm just jealous really

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWECreative_ish/status/1259999868652867587

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Jokes aside people with english accents always have the edge in sounding intelligent and distinguished when it's being heard by an American so I'm just jealous really

It's funny because so many British accents to me (a Brit) sound real loving unintelligent. A lot of it is a residual class thing (the middle class and aristos send their sprogs to boarding schools and they all end up with received pronunciation accents while the plebs send their kids to the local school and probably they live in the same area most of their life so have a local accent) but I just think even if you're reading off your dissertation on astrophysics with a Black Country accent I am assuming you're thick. Or if you do it with a west country accent I assume you're just talking about farming and making cider and how you love the Wurzels

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

there have been a lot of misses with the pregnancy jokes but finally someone got it right.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

looks like you haven't spoken with many folks from the North, then.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the escape goat posted:

looks like you haven't spoken with many folks from the North, then.

I've never personally met anyone with an accent I'd like to have which keeps the accent envy strong so I get them through television and movies

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1249588715346935808

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1254713731994595328

https://twitter.com/thejohnnyblast/status/1254970445465628675

Our boy Johnny Blast is still taking no prisoners on twitter these days

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 12, 2020

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

flashy_mcflash posted:

You need to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cricket, like baseball, is something you have in the background while getting absolutely loving wasted in public.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MacArthur Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet green icing flowing down
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1260129126259716097?s=20

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT is trying to get around the whole no crowd thing by having a zoom conference call where the first 100 people to join will be the audience and cheer for their favourites

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1260397475321405440?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That has a lot of potential.

Imagine putting in video boards instead of seats so it'd be a sea of people's faces. And speakers so the wrestlers could hear them while they worked. That would be kinda weird which is what DDT is really good at.

Whoever gets a virtual live fan experience nailed down will probably get rich in this new wrestling world.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I look forward to WWE doing this idea way worse roughly a year from now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when everything is "back to normal" but they sell no tickets

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

go to WWE live the life of a truckstop stripper but without the dignity its accorded.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I think the big factor in why AEW is better than WWE in terms of employee satisfaction is that Tony Khan treats it like a sports franchise, gives the wrestlers a lot of creative freedom, doesn't do control freak "professional" stuff like make them come into work in suits, and is a huge wrestling fan, unlike Vince who has probably never loved the industry outside of money.

In my opinion a big part of that is that Vince wanted to make wrestling appear to be more mainstream/classy than it will ever be and Tony knows it's niche entertainment for a certain type of fan and that's all it will ever be.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

it's really weird that it's both so niche of a thing and also incredibly easy to get people to like. Like I've taken friends who did not care at all about wrestling to see tiny indie shows with like 60 people in the audience and a couple years later they still have favorite wrestlers off that show (it was Weird World, rip to Weird World someone sign Alex Kellar for something). Watching it on their own is harder but it's never been hard for me to get someone to LIKE wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/kikutarochan/status/1260397572620840963

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1260446919349997569

The Meltzbot is going off on strange tangents.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Berried the lede there. Ooft.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

drat, Kiku-san has had time to work out recently, huh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

e: nvm

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 13, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I clicked it and got sad. What the gently caress?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I clicked it and got sad. What the gently caress?

Actually I misread what he was saying don't worry lol.

E: no, I was right the first time

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 13, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

I think Konnan’s trying to get a counter story going because he ‘randomly’ dm’d me asking if I listened to his podcast. I’m sure he’s name searching and doing damage control.

i think everyone who's tweeted about lucha has gotten that dm, i got mine 2 years ago.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

coconono posted:

That has a lot of potential.

Imagine putting in video boards instead of seats so it'd be a sea of people's faces. And speakers so the wrestlers could hear them while they worked. That would be kinda weird which is what DDT is really good at.

Whoever gets a virtual live fan experience nailed down will probably get rich in this new wrestling world.

There's kind of a hard limit to that just based on bandwidth, unfortunately. You introduce other problems if you try to go wireless, and bless the poor soul who'd have to do the wiring on something like that if you didn't. There's also the risk of bad actors, people showing explicit things, or blaring out obnoxious sounds or copyrighted music. At that point you're moderating a giant public video chat except also broadcasting all of it yourself on your video service, PPV, or god forbid live TV.

100 people sounds about as high as you'd want to go, and anybody with the means to go bigger probably wouldn't take the risks or want to put in the effort to mitigate those risks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's also the risk of bad actors, people showing explicit things, or blaring out obnoxious sounds or copyrighted music

This is the big one for me, like the legal nightmare you'd have to consider to do this makes it far more effort than it's worth if you're doing a live show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's kind of a hard limit to that just based on bandwidth, unfortunately. You introduce other problems if you try to go wireless, and bless the poor soul who'd have to do the wiring on something like that if you didn't. There's also the risk of bad actors, people showing explicit things, or blaring out obnoxious sounds or copyrighted music. At that point you're moderating a giant public video chat except also broadcasting all of it yourself on your video service, PPV, or god forbid live TV.

100 people sounds about as high as you'd want to go, and anybody with the means to go bigger probably wouldn't take the risks or want to put in the effort to mitigate those risks.

disagree on the bandwidth part. You can run about 20 simultaneous skype sessions on 100/20 capped internet on top of normal network operations with minimal degradation. You just need to do a little tuning to avoid NAT exhaustion.

You'd have to run a custom space, which would incur significant upfront costs but once the solution's achieved, its largely a matter of keeping customers flowing. Wiring would be trivial as long as union rates are honored.

Obviously, you'd need minders to review what the crowd is doing realtime and act accordingly. But we do that with our traditional live audience settings. Security is ostensibly to keep the crowd from eating each other. Same concept. BUT VIRTUAL. *jazz hands*

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm surprised that more events aren't experimenting with VR.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

VR is still really niche which is a shame because the technology really is great. It's cool as hell to watch videos filmed for VR.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pylons posted:

I'm surprised that more events aren't experimenting with VR.

I guess people with $800 to spend on nerdhats probably can afford to pay for VR streams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

what the hell is this

could be considered NSFW, Renee Young riding Nia Jax like a horse in the most bizarre way possible

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAIthgqB_09/?igshid=1id6gt2eg9tbt