Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
So is there a pressing reason to continue doing profit taker other than toriods and systems? I know the fight but sheesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
last nightwave dropped on like a thursday or some poo poo
I remember I rushed to try and clear it before the sunday refresh but it just skipped that sunday and did the first round challenges for like 10 days instead

All I know is I'm going to be dropping like 1/3 of my plat on tennogen when this poo poo hits. oof

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

temple posted:

So is there a pressing reason to continue doing profit taker other than toriods and systems? I know the fight but sheesh

If you want to hellgrind that sigil that makes you look like you're covered in blood that's like a 1% drop, otherwise profit taker is a slog and the rewards suck.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

temple posted:

If you want Systems what you actually want to do is bounty 2 over and over, I think.

So if you don't specifically need crimsa toroids, no, especially now that railjack missions have actual signifigant credit rewards

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

temple posted:

Do you like making yourself loving miserable? If yes, continue to do profit taker, if no, do anything else.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

And Tyler Too! posted:

If you want to hellgrind that sigil that makes you look like you're covered in blood that's like a 1% drop, otherwise profit taker is a slog and the rewards suck.

I think you can buy that sigil on the market also. I got that sigil and I've never done a profit taker run

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's part of a garuda bundle and is something like 800 plat. Just a calculus to be weighed on farming vs dropping plat. Frankly, I like the other ephemeras more.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
pc client is also updating

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
No nightwave on switch :(((

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
not for 90 more minutes, bro. drops at 2pm EST

100% disclosure - I am a firm hater of fun. I can't be the only one with a virulent hate of the Delusion tennogen skins, can I? "Tattered clothing sexy hair goth" just makes me froth at the mouth mad for some reason.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I consider myself a tryhard funhater but I'm fine with those skins. They're not for me, but they otherwise fit the game's aesthetic. The cartoonish easter egg ephemera, jackolantern helmet and "this sword /skin combo makes it look three times taller than the player as a bug but we kept it because lol" bother me more.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Raptor1033 posted:

drat. Bit excited, need a Jaw sword. Got a jaw riven, want to max out did Gara

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

100% disclosure - I am a firm hater of fun. I can't be the only one with a virulent hate of the Delusion tennogen skins, can I? "Tattered clothing sexy hair goth" just makes me froth at the mouth mad for some reason.

i agree, apart from the valkyr one, which is rather ghostly-looking with a titania floating around stance equipped. (e; although i don't think ghosts usually have their arse hanging out.)

i kinda want the new baruuk one, but i just bought another one for him last week. and i'm tempted by ash in a hoodie -- but it's not as good as the mesa corpra one that got rejected for tennogen. none of the oberon alt-skins look as good as his prime one, still.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 12, 2020

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Well, it's here. What's the fastest capture mission?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Ukko in the void out of sheer practice for some.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
dizzying rounds seems like another fun way to let any frame that doesn't have a finisher opener have +1200 armor through Ultimatum, at the low low cost of wasting your secondary

probably rather use dizzying rounds than rely on single daggers, though

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

pantX0r posted:

Well, it's here. What's the fastest capture mission?
90 seconds should be easy to hit with any capture mission if you have the right build

Guessing it's balanced for console players who can't move as easily

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Meh, console player here, brought wukong to mantle on earth and got it in 1min

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Warning: The thing you need 10 Cephalite Resonance for consumes the resonance if you decide to putz around and fail it.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Warning: The thing you need 10 Cephalite Resonance for consumes the resonance if you decide to putz around and fail it.

Ask him how he knows!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

How does he know?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Can confirm that platform vanished very soon out from my feet. Baffling.

EDIT : Multiple platforms spawn. Pick the ones that match the clues.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 13, 2020

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The thing it sends you to is timed.

It also appears to be parkour. If you fall, you fail immediately. Oh, and the platforms collapse pretty quickly.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Does Aerial Ace require that you get a kill with your RIFLE in order to refresh the double jump, or just any kill at all?

'cause I want to infinitely bounce around the clouds constantly dropping contagions.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tallgeese posted:

It also appears to be parkour. If you fall, you fail immediately. Oh, and the platforms collapse pretty quickly.

whatever it is, can I cheese it with Titania?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

So cheese it with Titania?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't done it yet because of poor rng on the glass spawns, but the jumps look really easy to do, it's a circular platform with smaller platforms ringed around it. Just make sure you know your clues before going in. You've got 60s to make it through the whole thing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Haha. I did not see that multiple platforms spawned. So basically I just clicked on the wrong answer because I didn't see any others.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The true Warframe experience of first time not knowing what the gently caress to do and then blowing through it like it's back of your hand by the 3rd attempt.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I wish Nora Nightly was my handler instead of the Lotus. :sigh:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I wish Nora Nightly was my handler instead of the Lotus. :sigh:

"Things change, Dreamer. They wouldn't accord you the courtesy of mercy, so don't show 'em none. Dead birds sing no songs."

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Things change, Dreamer. They wouldn't accord you the courtesy of mercy, so don't show 'em none. Dead birds sing no songs."

I can hear it :allears:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Avynte posted:

Haven't done it yet because of poor rng on the glass spawns, but the jumps look really easy to do, it's a circular platform with smaller platforms ringed around it. Just make sure you know your clues before going in. You've got 60s to make it through the whole thing.
I've glitched off the finnicky platforms twice now despite knowing all the answers. I'm waiting for some cheese strat because i'm done engaging this garbage on its own terms.

It's pretty depressingly DE to translate "detective investigation" into "clunky timed 3d platforming". I didn't expect Obra Dinn of course, but even then this is kinda sad.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 13, 2020

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I haven't looked up anything I haven't seen yet and am very confused how an investigation scene turns in to platforming in order to make a choice about that near movementless investigation.

But I agree with RCW, thats incredibly DE.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FunkyFjord posted:

I haven't looked up anything I haven't seen yet and am very confused how an investigation scene turns in to platforming in order to make a choice about that near movementless investigation.

But I agree with RCW, thats incredibly DE.

I think the idea is you're going into a ~digital forensics simulation~ or something and then the killer is testing you.

There must be a lot of bugs or something though because of the amount of rage out there about the platforming. I guess I got lucky because i just walked up to the edge, double jumped, and double jumped to the next platform with no issues :shrug:

Avynte fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 13, 2020

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The premise is great! Clue hunting and reading is cool, and the surreal serene mood of the investigation scene is nice (although not as stylish or memorable as Obra Dinn). Making a multiple choice quiz about those clues isn't as cool as Obra Dinn's format but it's a decent enough idea.

Making it so you can only attempt the quiz once after farming for over an hour is pretty terrible, but i guess DE has a contract with the devil to keep up their "grind is content" rule, and at least the entry tickets are farmable in (some?) regular play so at least i'm not stuck running a single repetitive node over and over.
Then they added a 60 second failure timer (not per "question" but for the entire thing). Then they made it a floating platform section where falling doesn't reset you on the platform (costing you a bit of precious time) like everywhere else in the game, but is instant failure.

This stuff would be pretty obnoxious but doable as a MR rank up challenge where you can prepare with test runs. Every part of this implementation seems need- and pointlessly hostile for a pretty neat underlying premise and i don't really get why. After 6 months of "we didn't want to release something half-baked and rushed and wanted to make sure we could deliver satisfying quality, so we kept delaying it" this is what they landed on?

Here's hoping they massively tune up the entry ticket drop rate - apparently they dont show up at all in certain popular gamemodes? - and remove/rework the failure conditions. Almost makes me wish this had been on some kind of test cluster.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 13, 2020

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
are the tickets affected by boosters? because that's another DE special

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Also there's no way to tell how many random thingamajigs you gathered without loading loading loading the clue scene (maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find it). How many times have they failed to put the amount of currency you hold in a screen that needs it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The premise is great! Clue hunting and reading is cool, and the surreal serene mood of the investigation scene is nice (although not as stylish or memorable as Obra Dinn). Making a multiple choice quiz about those clues isn't as cool as Obra Dinn's format but it's a decent enough idea.

Making it so you can only attempt the quiz once after farming for over an hour is pretty terrible, but i guess DE has a contract with the devil to keep up their "grind is content" rule, and at least the entry tickets are farmable in (some?) regular play so at least i'm not stuck running a single repetitive node over and over.
Then they added a 60 second failure timer (not per "question" but for the entire thing). Then they made it a floating platform section where falling doesn't reset you on the platform (costing you a bit of precious time) like everywhere else in the game, but is instant failure.

This stuff would be pretty obnoxious but doable as a MR rank up challenge where you can prepare with test runs. Every part of this implementation seems need- and pointlessly hostile for a pretty neat underlying premise and i don't really get why. After 6 months of "we didn't want to release something half-baked and rushed and wanted to make sure we could deliver satisfying quality, so we kept delaying it" this is what they landed on?

Here's hoping they massively tune up the entry ticket drop rate - apparently they dont show up at all in certain popular gamemodes? - and remove/rework the failure conditions. Almost makes me wish this had been on some kind of test cluster.

I played a few hours yesterday and just got enough for an attempt at this, guess I'll read a guide rather than repeating the grind.

smallmouth posted:

Also there's no way to tell how many random thingamajigs you gathered without loading loading loading the clue scene (maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find it). How many times have they failed to put the amount of currency you hold in a screen that needs it?

:yeah: