Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

mistaya posted:

I think most things / Vi work right now she's kind of nuts. Like she's a win-con on her own but she's also great for using as a removal tool or a block denier... I think Vi is probably due for a slap though I dunno what part of her they'd hit.

Ugh I want to play MF/Quinn scouts real bad it looks fun but I haven't lucked into any MFs or Quinns and 6 champ cards is a lot to invest on something...

Removing Tough seems like the most obvious option. Tryndamere was in a similar place and they removed tough from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Dumb question, but is there a way to change the card that represents the deck on your list? It seems to default to the highest cost champion but that's not who wins games for me.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 13, 2020

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Sadly not yet

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's pretty dumb.

Also, I think it's probably a sign of bad UI design that when you click on deck on the Collection tab the DELETE button appears to the right of it, but when you click on a deck from the Play tab the EDIT button appears in the exact same place. Like, this clearly isn't gamebreaking but I wonder how many people have clicked on DELETE by accident when trying to edit their decks?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Really loving when my opponent lets me go off with Karma and Lux on the board, 10 mana, and a full hand

Karma/Lux Control is very fun.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Lord_Magmar posted:

Removing Tough seems like the most obvious option. Tryndamere was in a similar place and they removed tough from him.

Probably... ButTryndamere doesn't really need Tough because he's a late game bomb, he does his job just fine without it. Vi is a midgame scrapper, she would be really weak to direct removal if they took Tough away.

I would rather lower her HP than remove her Tough keyword, but I like the card and don't want it to be overnerfed.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Take away Tough but give her 1 more HP, imo.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

Take away Tough but give her 1 more HP, imo.

She'll get super.picked apart by all the chip removal. Tough is the only thing keeping her safe in a land of tf and mf and ez

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, I use MF and want to kill her. You caught me.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If Vi's about survivability then she shouldn't be able to sit in hand until she's an 8/5 or a 10/5 or whatever. P&Z has enough tricks without having one of the better 5-drops in the game now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's just weird giving an overstatted tough challenger unit to PnZ. Like how do you balance that when her level up does absolutely nothing? Really makes me wonder what she's supposed to be enabling.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 13, 2020

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Her level up gives her 5-damage on hit to the nexus, it ain't nothing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The real benefit of her levelup is having two more 5 cost 10/6 tough challengers in your deck for later.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Monathin posted:

If Vi's about survivability then she shouldn't be able to sit in hand until she's an 8/5 or a 10/5 or whatever. P&Z has enough tricks without having one of the better 5-drops in the game now.

Vi deffo needs a nerf but a five cost challenger 2/5 with tough that needs to then play ten cards to level is probably worthless.

No idea why they gave her stats to PnZ though.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kooriken posted:

Nope, on play you pick your card and after he levels up the card progression is always Blue-Red-Gold

Oh my god I assumed it was random lmao thank you so much

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Kooriken posted:

Nope, on play you pick your card and after he levels up the card progression is always Blue-Red-Gold

Thank you, don't have a TF and even up into late gold I kept seeing some of the dumbest card picks so I thought it was random.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Sedisp posted:

Vi deffo needs a nerf but a five cost challenger 2/5 with tough that needs to then play ten cards to level is probably worthless.

No idea why they gave her stats to PnZ though.

It would be 8 cards, not 10. But you're not wrong.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kinda want to try out Vimerdinger but I have no clue how to deal with burn beyond praying for healing dragons and spirit refuge

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Got a 7-6-7 record in Paid Expeditions this week. All those Open Expedition runs last week are paying off big time.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Oh whuddup, you're playing a Demacia deck? Word, all three daily quests involve every other faction.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Make a quest-deck and play some normals! That's what I do. It helps you learn card interactions anyways. Reroll Champion quests you don't have obviously but most quests can be done with "the poo poo I have laying around".

Like if you have a "frostbite x enemies" quest go into collections > new deck > then search for "frostbite" and put in any cards you have that cause it, then slap a couple champions you have in with it and some generically decent 1-2 drops from any region and boom, off you go.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You can even do quests against the AI or friends. You don't need to touch matchmaking with your janky quest deck at all.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Expedition: Here’s a second Fiora.
Me, Very Intelligent: I’ll take the second Teemo.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Expedition: Here’s a second Fiora.
Me, Very Intelligent: I’ll take the second Teemo.

Four expeditions in a row: Here have a third Fiora. What you want to try something else? Do you like losing? C'mon slap that Fiora right into those veins.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Went 7 wins on my first ever expedition run. Two expeditions later and I haven't gone past one win. Heimer/lux is OP.

Also I suck

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 13, 2020

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I took breaD to heart and picked all Demacia and won. That's my story.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Are there any deck trackers that don't use Overwolf?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Sloppy posted:

Are there any deck trackers that don't use Overwolf?

I dunno, but I have the same question because what a piece of poo poo software

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Munkaboo posted:

Went 7 wins on my first ever expedition run. Two expeditions later and I haven't gone past one win. Heimer/lux is OP.

Also I suck

There's actually MMR for Expedition. That's why people usually have really good record for their first few runs.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Ahhhh that explains it. Also explains why I suddenly now have 6 wins and am noticing people do really dumb poo poo.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somehow my Teemo deck got five wins but my deep deck got two.

Also, 20/20 Endure, opponent has no answers, and every copy atrocity is in the bottom of my deck :negative:

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
I think Corina Control might be my least favorite deck to play against in any card game Ive played.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Pants Donkey posted:

Somehow my Teemo deck got five wins but my deep deck got two.

If everyone is running Deep/MaoKai/Twisted Fate stuff, then punishing them for having card draw is going to work pretty well :v:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

DrOgreface posted:

I think Corina Control might be my least favorite deck to play against in any card game Ive played.

I feel like it's popularity will drop when burn isn't as omnipresent as it is now.

Control decks are fun but Virina is just snooze worthy.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Board control decks like Corina are by definition kinda boring, since half the deck has to be stuff that answers early threats in an efficient way

For it to be your least favorite in any card game... I’m glad you didn’t play against UW no win condition control decks in magic

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

srulz posted:

There's actually MMR for Expedition. That's why people usually have really good record for their first few runs.

I loving hate that. MMR was a stupid mistake.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

DrOgreface posted:

Honestly its just an iteration of stax that doesn't kill you through boredom. It's fine. Accept that if they see turn 9 its likely game and plan accordingly.

Vi could probably be squeaked on with the need bat a smidge. Not sure what I'd change, but she is ridiculously strong on her own.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

kingcobweb posted:

Board control decks like Corina are by definition kinda boring, since half the deck has to be stuff that answers early threats in an efficient way

For it to be your least favorite in any card game... I’m glad you didn’t play against UW no win condition control decks in magic

UW no win condition's win condition is the mental damage it inflicts on any opponent. The gnawing, eldritch dread of knowing you could be living your life, having fun, or hell, taking a nice relaxing trip to the dentist.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Oh demacia bannermen, no a second riptose on a target that already has a barrier will not save it from a drain ping on the stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

PJOmega posted:

Honestly its just an iteration of stax that doesn't kill you through boredom. It's fine. Accept that if they see turn 9 its likely game and plan accordingly.

Vi could probably be squeaked on with the need bat a smidge. Not sure what I'd change, but she is ridiculously strong on her own.

I’m fine with a control deck winning if they get to late game, but they get to have every type of removal, healing, cards that let them have tempo starts, and the uninteractive late game win condition. It just seems overly obnoxious.