Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Virgil more elusive than John Galt at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Hooplah posted:

Maybe you didn't listen to the interview, but they were of her preteen/adolescent sister

Yep, did not, thought you were talking about the lady herself. That is supremely hosed up. Why did that exist?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Although, I gotta say, the number of times "Throne!" shows up as a generic ejaculate in the Horus Heresy books like it does in the 40k books, despite the fact that during the Horus Heresy the Golden Throne hadn't even been completed yet and it's construction is one of the most securely kept secrets in the Emperium, to the point that the Emperor doesn't even tell the Primarchs, which literally is the most immediate cause of the whole loving Heresy is really annoying so yeah Hours Heresy books suck.

I sure hope somebody was fired for that blunder!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Red shirt guy for 40k novels. A true gamer hero.

But yeah they couldn't come up with a "pre-heresy" archetype for the space marines so they went with what they know, down to the same "swears". The easiest out would have been to make them tribal meatheads/ operator bros. All the legion names kinda support that interpretation.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean that's basically what they are.

Would be interesting if they actually showed how different things were; the Space Wolves were implied to be stone cold internal affairs who'd already wiped out at least one of the Lost Legions and all.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

my feet are covered in blisters and one of my ankles is swollen due to grinding for overlord bezos and i still didn't make enough money this week to pay for rent in my east trenton hovel but if i desire the warhams i'll get told i'm bougie by the true marxists itt

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Yes.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

painting miniatures and putting them in dioramas is fine, it's basically a variation of model trains, which is an honorable marxist pastime

but playing games? when there's a revolution to win?!

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

Doc Hawkins posted:

painting miniatures and putting them in dioramas is fine, it's basically a variation of model trains, which is an honorable marxist pastime

If I can't tabletop wargame, it's not my revolution!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Engels was an absolute massive tabletop gamer, it is tradition

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i need new shoes badly, what are the best shoes walking 10 hrs a day in

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

lol matt assuming no pokemon have butts or cleavage, what sweet innocence

like there should be a snapple facts about how the first pokemon with tits also was in blackface

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Percelus posted:

boots. red wings are the street fight approved brand

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Percelus posted:

Hush Puppies. Solid, comfortable, classic style.

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

Percelus posted:

I really like my Nike SFBs but I don't walk 10hrs a day. Also you might look like a cop.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i say swears online posted:

boots. red wings are the street fight approved brand

wearing my $400 iron rangers to work at target loss prevention

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

AnEdgelord posted:

Sorry everyone, Waypoint sucks rear end

3ma is ok if they're talking about a game im interested in or if they ever bother to upload in the first place

3MA used to be way more of a grog game podcast and I think it was more interesting. Occasionally they get bruce geryk and as much as i don't like his politics he can actually talk about complex strategy games in a way more interesting way than the current crew that's mostly paradox game/crpg fans.

Unfortunately all the grog game podcasts just want to talk history and are chuddy as gently caress so it ends up being lame in the other way.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Percelus posted:

my feet are covered in blisters and one of my ankles is swollen due to grinding for overlord bezos and i still didn't make enough money this week to pay for rent in my east trenton hovel but if i desire the warhams i'll get told i'm bougie by the true marxists itt

They're right, how dare you enjoy things. Dont you know the whole point of communism is to be as miserable as you were under capitalism but now the boss is just as miserable as you are??

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Percelus posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472?s=19

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Doc Hawkins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_LJGPph4SM&t=902s

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
:siren:NEW E1 EPISODE WITH FELIX AND BRACE GET HYPED!!!!!:siren:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Percelus posted:

this but I have flat feet and it is for running

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i haven't bought warhammer models in a decade you idiot

when i went for the pre-hire one of the guys also going had a bmw hat. i doubt he'll ever afford a beamer when it's several years worth of wages, doesn't mean he can't desire one

it's constant poo poo like this that makes you one of the most insufferable and lovely posters in this sub-forum

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

and for the record warhammer is expensive and an unnecessary luxury but some of you are grossly exaggerating the cost

the last time i had an army i played on the reg it cost around 300-400 and i went every week for games plus it took me a lot of hours to assemble and paint, it's like the cost of a console for one army that will easily give you hundreds of hours of entertainment

next we'll be shaming poor people for wasting their money on playstations though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I just spend my EBT on lobster instead

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

miniatures drain tin and lead from guillotine and bullet production, haul these warhoarders into the streets

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

and for the record warhammer is expensive and an unnecessary luxury but some of you are grossly exaggerating the cost

the last time i had an army i played on the reg it cost around 300-400 and i went every week for games plus it took me a lot of hours to assemble and paint, it's like the cost of a console for one army that will easily give you hundreds of hours of entertainment

next we'll be shaming poor people for wasting their money on playstations though

Shut up about warhammer for gods sake

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Percelus posted:

I'm a big fan of the Onitsuka Tigers

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Percelus posted:

i haven't bought warhammer models in a decade you idiot

when i went for the pre-hire one of the guys also going had a bmw hat. i doubt he'll ever afford a beamer when it's several years worth of wages, doesn't mean he can't desire one

it's constant poo poo like this that makes you one of the most insufferable and lovely posters in this sub-forum

:qqsay:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

miniatures drain tin and lead from guillotine and bullet production, haul these warhoarders into the streets

Games Workshop miniatures are plastic. They still have some old resin and a handful of really old metal models available, but they've been steadily replacing them.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Percelus posted:

god i love being a leftist ont eh internet and reading 500000000 variations of this argument about every conceivable topic every day

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

i once bought an imperial guard commissar on a whim in 2009. it was metal. that's my warhammer story

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gripweed posted:

Games Workshop miniatures are plastic. They still have some old resin and a handful of really old metal models available, but they've been steadily replacing them.

also what pewter there is in use by miniature gaming companies is lead-free, you've gotta go back to like late 80s reaper minis to start seeing lead

Somebody has issued a correction as of 02:46 on May 14, 2020

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i just want my feet to stop hurting and to enjoy things once in awhile

post bernie things do feel real bad and the mood in cspam reflects it

all i got now to look forward to is working to avoid homelessness and destitution in the middle of a pandemic

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also what pewter there is in use by miniature gaming companies is lead-free, you've gotta go back to like late 80s reaper minis to start seeing lead
ack i just discovered the amazing mobile feature which is that it swaps the quote function with a mod edit function so i hope that didn't just eat your post. and if it did, then i am sorry.

but i was going to say i toured the reaper mini factory once and it was pretty cool

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

please don't edit my posts BM

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

for some more real nerd hours, the latest Magnus Archives had a pretty good and horrific analogy for how people in the same position can viciously destroy each other when crushed by oppression

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Percelus posted:

post bernie things do feel real bad and the mood in cspam reflects it

take one day at a time

things are very chaotic right now and we are in the time of monsters, as the quote goes

besides some morale booster S+ tier posters having left (toxx, I suppose), the "sameness" of the quarantine just after the Sanders blow makes recovery a much slower process, and the sort of monastic self-therapy in that sense can be serious mental work that not everyone has the capacity to employ atm

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

for some more real nerd hours, the latest Magnus Archives had a pretty good and horrific analogy for how people in the same position can viciously destroy each other when crushed by oppression

That is probably the most deeply unsettling episode they've ever put out and they've had some real nightmare fuel ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

please don't edit my posts BM
i will not but i'd add that they painted up this tubular air conditioning duct stretching along a section of the ceiling in the main warehouse floor to look like a soviet ICBM, apparently dressed up for some cold war themed gaming gimmick they did years ago. and that was neat.