Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I wonder what kind of thought was put into what exercises get revealed when and what damage they do, and when they pretty much become “obsolete” in battle. Right now regular level 2 knee lifts do more damage than mountain climber, which is a bit weird.

I started early in the new year and I’m on day 47, having fallen off a few times, but I’ve been doing it almost every day since the quarantine started. I just did the first boss fight against Guru Andma. I’m level 90, at least 10 over the recommendation.

I’ve been doing all the challenges as they come up, and a few in previous worlds haven’t come up. I got the double jump on the world before the one I just finished, and I recall some paths I seemingly couldn’t reach on previous worlds without it. I assume the challenges are related to those paths. Am I supposed to find those myself, or will the challenges become available later?

I tried the Boat Pose and hoo boy. I can’t do it without jerking myself up, which seems against the spirit of the thing.

Dreadmill sucks. Sooo much latency. I had to try twice just to get an A. Not looking forward to trying to ace it.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The other side quests will open up later on; I'm pretty sure the last few don't open up until right before the last boss. Alternate paths usually just lead to EXP coins or ingredient drops.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Holy poo poo was the World 11 Dragaux fight hard, first you make me do like 20 of those windmill doors, then I'm fighting 3 of the masters at once, I'm playing on Intensity 30 and am finding it pretty fun but this encounter almost finished me off.

It especially sucked when two of them used their ultimate attacks back to back, that was hell.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

did 520 squats today lads

final boss drags a fair bit, interested in how much changes for ng+

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

VileLL posted:

did 520 squats today lads

final boss drags a fair bit, interested in how much changes for ng+
It doesn't. The gym divas volunteer to be swallowed on the second run.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
I have a good idea for a ring fit cosplay: you know Tipp the little dude that does the demonstrations of all the moves? He'd be a real easy cosplay: black tight shorts, white tank top, orange ring con, a beige stocking over your face to hide all facial features and give you a blank face, and a brown haired wig over it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Just set your hair on fire.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

It doesn't. The gym divas volunteer to be swallowed on the second run.

having a little chuckle at them keeping the exact same cutscenes, but with dragaux's lines just being passive-aggressive instead of angry

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Holy poo poo, the last outfit in the game.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Got this game 10 days ago or so and it's tricked me into jogging. :cheeky:

I'm not sure if I'm doing the moves where you press the ring con into you abs correctly. When I'm rowing around my shoulders get sore but I'm not feeling much in my abs. Though I do have okay abs and very noodly arms, so there's that.

Where do you press the ring-con? Stomach? Belly button? Lower abdomen? Also when twisting the ring always ends up slipping. Any tips on proper form?

This is a great game for quarantine times. :)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SelenicMartian posted:

Holy poo poo, the last outfit in the game.

Go on, I wish to know more. (I am catching up on missed recipes and leveling, I left off at world like, 18.)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Manuel Calavera posted:

Go on, I wish to know more.
Be the Ring.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Lufia posted:

Got this game 10 days ago or so and it's tricked me into jogging. :cheeky:

I'm not sure if I'm doing the moves where you press the ring con into you abs correctly. When I'm rowing around my shoulders get sore but I'm not feeling much in my abs. Though I do have okay abs and very noodly arms, so there's that

Brace your abs like someone is about to punch you in your stomach. Or you are trying to take a poo poo.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
If anyone else has been trying to buy this since quarantine started like me, I bought it from a french retailer (FNAC) after reading comments on NowInStock. It's backordered until May 15 but people who were able to buy from there last week have already received theirs, so its legit and they ship fast (when they have stock). You may have to use Google Translate a little and read some of the NowInStock comments for other tidbits. I used a credit card with no foreign transaction fees and it came out to $86.

Spectracide fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 28, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m so close to beating the game (first run anyway) and oh my god gently caress the stupid Gluting Gallery challenge where you can’t pick up gold coins. It’s just as bad if not worse than Dreadmill. I am bending as far as I can to the side and still picking up the gold coins coming down the middle row, what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Update: I beat that challenge. Guess who has been doing overhead side bends wrong this whole time????? I was trying to stretch my body way too far to the sides when really you’re supposed to let your arms drop more and stretch to the side instead of keeping them straight over your head. Whoops, no wonder my back was killing me last week. Lesson learned.

I’m on world 22, so close now. So close!!!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lucked out and was able to pick up the game, got it delivered today. Just finished my first "session" (about an hour) and goddamn that felt an awful lot like a proper workout. Not quite as strenuous as a 45 minute session with my personal trainer would have been, but drat close enough.

I sorta powered my way through super fast, or at least it felt like it. Having only like four fit skills at the beginning is a bit of a bummer.

Also that bastard Dragaux had just a sliver of health left, and then during an ab shield, I forgot that he occasionally likes to hit twice, and he killed me just as I was about to beat him. Argh.

Is there a preferred way of washing the grips on the ring-con?

Edit: also is this a thing I should be doing every day, or treating it more like an actual going-to-the-gym workout and playing only every other day?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Drone posted:

Edit: also is this a thing I should be doing every day, or treating it more like an actual going-to-the-gym workout and playing only every other day?

I do 45 min of play time at max difficulty daily to replace my daily gym time. It's not perfect but in these times better than nothing

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I do about 40 minutes five days a week and the game kicks my rear end sometimes. Yesterday killed me, so many squats. Soooo many squats, thanks Alegra. It’s definitely a real workout it just isn’t as intense as weight training and won’t really build a lot of muscle.

I’m on difficulty level 20 but I plan to increase it to 25 for NG+ since there are no side quests so I won’t mind spending more time in battles.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Drone posted:

Is there a preferred way of washing the grips on the ring-con?

washing???

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I let the ring and strap hang dry. Sometimes I'll wrap a towel around the grips when working out.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

They're also machine-washable, I just put them through the washer and dryer now and then.

Though eventually the folded-over velcro part on the strap started to come unsewed... was an easy fix with a sewing machine, but still annoying.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I took the grips off once and for whatever reason found it difficult to get them back on the way they were before. Might just have been my imagination though. I should probably wash them at this point, I’m up to day 90 or something.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m about halfway through the appropriately-named final world, (I just went through the portal to the optional levels) why are there still inaccessible side quests in earlier worlds???

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
A few side quests don't open up until after you've beaten the final boss.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Is there a Goon discord for this? I finally picked it back up again after initially falling off on Day 2 due to laziness. I got the 50-day achievement in Animal Crossing and decided I needed to start moving again.

It's been a blast to keep up with. At difficulty 21 (going to 22 tomorrow) and I'm on World 5 or 6 now (the Masters have gone to the dark side). There's a good variety of Squats to keep them relevant but I am looking forward to Planks lvl 2 so I can start doing those again. I'm still overall satisfied with the moves I have now, although I could use a better Arm move.

But mostly I came to complain about the challenge where you have to defeat every robot in the fan disc-swatting game. That's the first time a challenge has taken me more than 3 tries, that one took like 30 because I kept loving up. I got it though, robot bastards.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That would be cool if there was a Discord channel. I just put in a request.

All of the side quests that require you to get perfect on a mini-game suck but feel very rewarding once you overcome them. In particular the Dreadmill one is notoriously awful.

The ones where you have to get a high score without getting a gold coin are also very difficult, I think.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s a #fitness channel in the Nintengoons Discord server, come chat with us about squats or whatever. Also,

https://twitter.com/kotexfitts/status/1264928406237405184?s=21

Turns out the story mode does indeed have an ending! I have a few side quests left but otherwise I’m ready to go on to NG+!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
lower body gym can absolutely gently caress off

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Since the quarantine, I've made it a goal to workout with this at least three times a week with this game.

I'm on like world....5?

Fuuuck.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

lower body gym can absolutely gently caress off

Jesus christ yes, I picked a really bad day to jump up to max difficulty.

Have also been playing this a lot recently, made it part of my lockdown routine. Used to do 30 minutes after work but have kicked that up to be 40 more often. Tend to do it every weekday usually but have mostly taken a break on weekends.

It's good and fun. I dunno about weight loss since I don't know what I weigh but I definitely feel fitter, legs have firmed up considerably and I'm far better at one-legged yoga poses than I used to be.

Most importantly its embedded in my brain as a routine which is usually the hard part. If I skip a day I feel really weird that I haven't exercised.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Just got this game the other day, retail price on a French website that took a month to restock but sent it out right when they said they would! Been eyeing it for a while but gently caress paying the $250 pandemic prices on eBay.

I have been working out 3x a week since the new year, been doing a half hour of weightlifting and then 5 rounds on a heavy bag, and looking at Ring Fit to replace the boxing and spare my hands some days. Is this game the kind of exercise I can do on off-days when I'm supposed to be resting my muscles? I'm halfway through World 2 after my first two sessions, and I really want to dig a little deeper into the gamey bits tomorrow because I don't think I've seen hardly any of the mechanics yet. I think I unlocked a new exercise on Friday, but I didn't see it in my list today -- I suppose I have to go through the menus and look around, but I've been coming to the game halfway through a workout and my heartrate is up and I've wanted to get into the exercise bits as fast as possible.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 8, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The boat pose is fuckin impossible; the only way i was able to even one rep was to do it on a bed; a mat wasn't enough

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Argue posted:

The boat pose is fuckin impossible; the only way i was able to even one rep was to do it on a bed; a mat wasn't enough

Which part are you struggling with? Are you able to stretch out but unable to come back? It’s one of the most difficult poses because it requires a lot of core strength, which is probably why it’s a very strong attack.

Then again overhead arm twist is the strongest single-target arm attack so :shrug:

Edit: there also now a Fitness room on the Nintengoons server on Discord if people want to discuss things there.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Actually being able to do boat pose properly has been another indicator of my progress which is neat. I used to have to boost/bounce myself up which the game specifically discourages but now I can raise back up on my core alone

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I haven't been following things lately, has there been any indication that they'll do more with this game?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They didn’t announce the update that added the rhythm game beforehand, so if they do add more it will probably come without warning.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ohhh yeah forgot about that, need to steal my Switch back from my cousin. Awesome fingers crossed there's more to come as well

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They didn’t announce the update that added the rhythm game beforehand, so if they do add more it will probably come without warning.

Also a lot of stuff has been delayed, they effectively cancelled what would've been the E3 Direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing through the campaign now.

Wish i could level up the attacks i like so that i can keep using them instead of having to switch to ones i like less cause they do triple the damage.

Otherwise a good way to lose a few pounds a week.