Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

dsriggs posted:

No. You don’t get a free pass because you MIGHT improve after the NEXT rehab. There’s no buts here.

Yeah I didn’t say anything about a free pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Talking about recovery and rehabilitation for people with substance abuse problems, and talking about rehabilitation for a kidnapper and rapist are so far apart they might as well be in different languages. The immediate concern with ADR (if he did this and the evidence VERY STRONGLY suggests he did) is keeping people safe from him.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah he should be tried and probably sentenced, as I said.

Justice is a long process and making cases for “special types” of criminality is how we get a prison system like we have in America. Either everyone deserves justice or everyone doesn’t.

It’s disturbing to me to see people who advocate for that kind of thing—super special punishments without hope/paths for redemption—because it’s philosophically pretty bad. It serves nobody you care about and helps people who are much worse than any criminal you want punished.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I generally don't believe in prisons but even my future bleeding heart system would recognize that someone who's done those things needs to be sectioned off for a while to get help and keep themselves safe and others safe. Even rehabilitative focused justice systems will recognize that someone who did those things is going to be a potential danger until they get serious help.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ADR goes feet first into the paper shredder

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I generally don't believe in prisons but even my future bleeding heart system would recognize that someone who's done those things needs to be sectioned off for a while to get help and keep themselves safe and others safe. Even rehabilitative focused justice systems will recognize that someone who did those things is going to be a potential danger until they get serious help.

I don’t think my original post made it clear that this is pretty much what I think should happen. I think it came off like I think he should be allowed to enter rehab without any kind of prison time; that’s not what I think should happen.

That’s because I said originally was a response to this question:

Tr33 posted:

I have rather liberal beliefs when it comes to jail time, but like how would somebody ever return to normal society after they did their time? Feels like he should never get out.

So like, “I’m a liberal, but...” is a trap. Making exceptions for your beliefs is how we have created a country of 330 million with a jailed population of 2.3 million with 59% of them being minorities. You make special rules for special monsters who just so happen to be Other.

Not trying to single anyone out. It happened a couple times in this thread already and then again after I said what I said.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please go back to discussing wrestling podcasts.

Bryan asked if Dave is going to give Randy Orton vs. Edge 8 Stars. Dave said,"Hmmmmmmmmmm."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he will

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can we start a general pieces of poo poo in wrestling thread because as of now there is nowhere to discuss stuff like del rio etc as far as I know because they're not employed anywhere and the Jim Cornette thread is discussing a specific piece of poo poo

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Can we start a general pieces of poo poo in wrestling thread because as of now there is nowhere to discuss stuff like del rio etc as far as I know because they're not employed anywhere and the Jim Cornette thread is discussing a specific piece of poo poo

Definitely - make it so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i remember when there used to be a Biggest Scumbags In Wrestling thread

there's a reason it isn't still around

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan asked if Dave is going to give Randy Orton vs. Edge 8 Stars. Dave said,"Hmmmmmmmmmm."

for those that didn't listen, the hmmmm wasn't a sound like he was considering it, it's the sound that Marge Simpson makes when something bothers her

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

i remember when there used to be a Biggest Scumbags In Wrestling thread

there's a reason it isn't still around

I think I remember that thread now what happened to it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I think I remember that thread now what happened to it

did it turn out we were the biggest scumbags?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

did it turn out we were the biggest scumbags?

If it's been a few years I wouldn't be surprised

This place has gotten a lot better over time about being assholes even if it does still have a ways to go

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Yay!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1260268866544025607

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

for those that didn't listen, the hmmmm wasn't a sound like he was considering it, it's the sound that Marge Simpson makes when something bothers her

This is the perfect description, ahaha.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I had never heard the backstory on why Dave's racist dog (may he rest in peace) was racist.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1260446919349997569

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

god i love dave

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That final line about Bryan :lol:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MassRafTer posted:

I had never heard the backstory on why Dave's racist dog (may he rest in peace) was racist.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1260435521282637825

Dave why

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Jerusalem posted:

To avoid future confusion I suggest changing the thread title to “Wrestling Podcasts: For emptyquoting Dave and Bryan. No actual discussion allowed.”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I kinda fell off the pod for like... the last year.

Fired it up again and it's like coming home again. Never change Dave. :allears:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Dave sure hates Bix:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

collocation posted:

Dave sure hates Bix:

Lol Dave’s not wrong

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave commenting on guys like rovert and Bixenspan makes him seem a bit low rent imo but I guess he doesn't give a drat.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Incessant Excess posted:

Dave commenting on guys like rovert and Bixenspan makes him seem a bit low rent imo but I guess he doesn't give a drat.

Dave spends his time being a messy bitch on Twitter.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
That's fair. I don't follow him on Twitter so I forget how extremely online Dave is.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Seems unfair to lump bix with rovert (may he rip) as bix is like one of the few legit journalistish people covering wrestling.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

yeah that's wildly unfair to bix

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bix is cool and good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dave's the 2nd assistant to Mrs Massey anyway. That's why he got divorced.

and bix:

Badass
Incredible
eXtreme

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Listening to the first B&V Invasion audio and my god, Austin was patient 0 for the “you people don’t deserve an explanation!” line.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bix can put two sentences together without his brain crashing like the computer I had in 1987 which is more than anyone can say for scoopsman.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bix can put two sentences together without his brain crashing like the computer I had in 1987 which is more than anyone can say for scoopsman.

what computer did you have in 87

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

I had a commodore with TWO floppy drives, thank you

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

It was an IBM XT clone with a CGA monitor. My first computer, and it chugged when you tried to play Lode Runner.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I like Bix. I do not like anyone at f4w with the possible exception of Jim Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

duckdealer posted:

I like Bix. I do not like anyone at f4w with the possible exception of Jim Valley.

That's not fair everyone likes Jim Valley. Even people who've never heard of Jim Valley.