Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

roni has entered the gendered words wars now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

alphabettitouretti posted:

Someone I know had a job at a care home and just up and quit without notice because it was better than getting the roni. They weren't being given proper protective gear, and there were no procedures for dealing with suspected cases other than being told to wear a mask and don't spend too long with the sick people.

In my local Facebook page there have been many more posts asking for people to work at assisted living facilities and as caregivers than anything else job related. So yeah, either a lot of people are getting sick or just straight up deciding they’d rather do something else than be in the line of fire. Most of these people usually have big hearts to begin with so I’m sure it isn’t easy for them...I’m sure management has Continued to take the typical approach of using statistics and “acceptable losses” when referring to the elderly. They are pretty close to dying anyways, right?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

pigz posted:

Are conservatives gonna turn against any kind of restrictions.. holy poo poo.

yes? the messaging is out, the pandemic is fake news. it's the flu

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I imagine the lawsuits at nursing homes etc are going to be ridiculous so its best to just get the gently caress out of that mess

Apr 7, 2003

magiccarpet posted:

I imagine the lawsuits at nursing homes etc are going to be ridiculous so its best to just get the gently caress out of that mess

they're being immunized lol

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/4ayg8g/a-broadband-engineer-was-spat-on-by-a-5g-conspiracy-theorist-now-he-has-coronavirus

quote:

While Demetroudi was working outside, he was approached by an angry man who quickly became aggressive, shouting “All you engineers are just trying to import the 5G in every single box.” The man then spat in Demetroudi’s face.

import the 5g in every single box

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

magiccarpet posted:

It's gonna turn out that it's not actually illegal to leave the elderly to die.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is corona over or did people start dying again after the weekend

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Is corona over or did people start dying again after the weekend

It's over, get back to work and start eating out or there'll be some fuckin' consequences

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's over, get back to work and start eating out or there'll be some fuckin' consequences

Looking forward to the EO that the National Guard forces me to the Olive Garden for two hours every night

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/savag3ap3/status/1260255585565585411

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BeefThief posted:

Desperately cramming the corpses of the elderly into a closet and forcing the door shut, but they all come bursting out as soon as I think I've succeeded

Well, yeah.

quote:

After Anonymous Tip, 17 Bodies Found at Nursing Home Hit by Virus

By Monday, the police in a small New Jersey town had gotten an anonymous tip about a body being stored in a shed outside one of the state’s largest nursing homes.

When the police arrived, the corpse had been removed from the shed, but they discovered 17 bodies piled inside the nursing home in a small morgue intended to hold no more than four people.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/nyregion/coronavirus-nj-andover-nursing-home-deaths.html

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
VERY LEGAL AND VERY COOL

https://twitter.com/ErinBanco/status/1260558346786136064

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ll have to go back to Pittsburgh

:(

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol the only priority in the trump administration is pr damage control

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm a big fan of the thing where people who have Covid die of something else. Lots of people dying of gang-related violence in the ICU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Where do we get good numbers from these days?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gripweed posted:

I'm a big fan of the thing where people who have Covid die of something else. Lots of people dying of gang-related violence in the ICU

I assume that just means they died while black.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol the only priority in the trump administration is pr damage control

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

The number was inside of us all along.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I was about to rag on that until I saw that she lives in Paris and linked Libération, which is a pretty left paper, so deffo irony

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

they didn't die from beatings they died with beatings

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Assume R0=5.7 is the r of the land and go from there from April 26 or insert whenever everyone opened up

kater
Nov 16, 2010

large rear end gathering ban is the only strand holding this together and they want to start shredding it? like that shits just gone and ain’t coming back.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Drone striking a hospital to make sure no one inside dies of Covid

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

large rear end gathering ban is the only strand holding this together and they want to start shredding it? like that shits just gone and ain’t coming back.

This isn't being held together, you have 10,000 people in stadiums for graduations and packed malls, the data is just being suppressed

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Major bank in Australia is guessing home prices will drop 32% in the next 3 years. Feeling very smart about buying in early February 2020.

you've got a house though, and assuming you weren't planning on being a landlord a house is always going to be cheaper than renting in the long run

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

wow what surprising behavior from someone who was involved in the reagan administration's response to the aids epidemic

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kater posted:

:rip: us all

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

MysteriousStranger posted:

roni has entered the gendered words wars now

every language that requires gender is a poo poo language fit only for buffoons

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hey I missed it, what happened in Illinois yesterday? 4k new cases - different counting methodology?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

johns hopkins is cited by most media outlets. worldometers is pulling directly from each of the governments (at state-level for US) wherever they can.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Wake up, say hi to COVID thread, start working. This has been my life for two months. I'm glad to be in this thread with you doomsday bastards though :shobon:

In ATL, bars and clubs are closed through end-of-month but restaurants are beginning to open. We are the Petri dish Las Vegas desperately wanted to be.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

magiccarpet posted:

they're going to indemnify nursing homes and gfl suing an individual nurse

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

medieval peasants at least occasionally killed the local landlords for being witches

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

motherfuckers making it ever increasingly more difficult any possibility of doing anything social that is cool and good at night in a more proximate future

because even if things were much better, reopening bars and stuff will require some bracing to handle a wave anyway (like in south korea), which would mean a couple more weeks or more of maintenance... aaaaaaagh

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/nickgourevitch/status/1260538368837988352

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I was about to rag on that until I saw that she lives in Paris and linked Libération, which is a pretty left paper, so deffo irony

it's impossible to do separate French from patriarchy and so impossible to do real Leftism

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

very few people die of one thing

every single person who dies in pulm has like twenty five things going on

it's the reason all pulm doctors are double board certified with internal med

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

why are people so horny for death

yes? the messaging is out, the pandemic is fake news. it's the flu

80% of America still wants to quarantine, even most republicans don't want to die miserably. This is just the ruling elite herding us to our deaths and astroturfing support for it

Oh but that ruling elite, boy howdy are they horny for death

Your death, not theirs