Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did we see this yesterday? Floor-length evangelical skirt person working for Pence orders scientist and elected official to take off masks at campaign event before Pence will agree to walk on stage:

https://twitter.com/jaykelly26/status/1260408949079248899?s=20

yeah this is going to be a dumb conservative performance thing for a while until enough of them catch it and die :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

shovelbum posted:

i really want a make-work job lol i could shitpost all day

it's all social skills and nobody does a god drat thing. everyone just produces vapid bullshit or supports people who produce vapid bullshit and as long as you are fun to be around and don't point out that everything is a bullshit hamster wheel things are fine.

our office is closed but they keep stocking the fridge (on my floor only) with milk, soy milk, and almond milk each week because it keeps running out. and I'll keep taking it home every monday.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

kru posted:

that 'move on' is ironic, right?? right??

Actually, it's short for (impeach Bill Clinton and) move on

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Luckyellow posted:

I wonder if tan lines are going to become a integral part of culture after the summer. It'll be pretty obvious if you've wore a mask all the time or not.

aside from a mask tan line, to me it indicates one of:
a) the person didn't/doesn't give a poo poo about staying inside as much as possible to reduce spread, assuming the situation is worse at that point in time (it will almost assuredly be)
b) the person, if still employed, is in the working class with a job that forces them to be outside, at which point wearing a mask in summer heat will make breathing less than pleasant, especially under physical labor

when going to the grocery store i already see some of the construction worker/maintenance workers without masks and that trend will probably continue upwards

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

shovelbum posted:

i really want a make-work job lol i could shitpost all day

go shoreside as a hull and machinery surveyor .

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Actually, it's short for (impeach Bill Clinton and) move on

censure and moveon

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MysteriousStranger posted:

censure and moveon

It's actually a pro-Trump PAC that celebrates his ability to 'move on her like a bitch'

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

PyPy posted:

dogs too

My dog will absolutely not get up before I do.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

shovelbum posted:

i've never had a job like this, every job i've had the best workers got the most respect and the bad ones were hated, and their attempts to ingratiate themselves with snacks were met with us eating the snacks while calling them pathetic and shunning them until they quit

edit: it turns out living and working with the same people in a small isolated group is probably not the same as an office environment?

That advice only really applies when your performance doesn't have a bearing on others job/happiness. Most office jobs are pretty siloed and full of makework so how good or bad your coworkers are at their jobs have little effect on the group as a whole.

The team I'm on, there's a few dozen people that I interact with regularly but exactly 3 people whose actual job performance matters to me. I don't give a poo poo how much work they do, except when one of them cherry picks the easy stuff so it looks like they're doing as much as the rest of us on the boss's metrics, but letting us do all the actually tough stuff. That poo poo pisses me off, because they also simultaneously crow about how busy they are. Fortunately, no one, including management, buys their bullshit anymore.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

MysteriousStranger posted:

censure and moveon

whoops, yeah

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Xpost from Medical Stories

BioRxiv preprint, no peer review, NYU School of Medicine researchers. From abstract:

Ouch?

This is why I don't trust any of the additional testing brought online the past few weeks. Go from ~140k daily to nearly 300k and positive cases has remained flat. This kind of shady testing is exactly how the roni is going to be 'beaten' in the US, pay no attention to excess deaths 3 times the normal average year round.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Gotta love rich white liberals who fall back on bougie feminism to justify their hatred for the poor.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lmao get wreckt

https://twitter.com/JeffreyGuterman/status/1260604465943425026?s=19

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

for reference, St. Cloud is part of the area Michele Bachman represented lmao

Outside of the Twin Cities and Duluth MN is full of chuds. Of course those two areas are like 80% of the population.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TMMadman posted:

My cats don't wake me up in the morning at all.

This picture is a couple months old, but this is what I wake up to most mornings:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Really cool and good that even succlibs are going “Chinese hackers trying to steal OUR vaccine for covid research!” because they have brain worms that frame anything health related as a loving business instead of seeing a vaccine for this being a universal good and all countries should be open and sharing their research for the good of mankind. But we can’t do that because some pharmaceutical CEOs might not be able to make money off it for their tenth solid gold yacht. “Oh no the Chinese might now develop a vaccine for this virus killing thousands a day before us because they took some of our research!” this is a bad thing somehow

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PlagueHouse

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

"its just not that simple to get my teenagers to clean. i cant just make it so. whereas the person whom i have vast economic power over, its very simple. also they like it and cleaning my poo poo is their life's meaning. btw youre sexist"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jesus, a 50% miss rate huh

Who designed that test? Raytheon?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

PyPy posted:

real talk: i am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, but i find it increasingly difficult to get out of bed and work a full day as time passes. i don't know how to snap out of this.

put on work clothes every day, maintain discipline because your job is not secure

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
the republican transition from performative cruelty to performative suicide is going well I see

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Worldometers death count is MINUS 233 deaths for today.

Lower total death count today than yesterday.

Who was the goon that guessed 0 deaths for end of may total? you might win this thing

edit: whoops now we're back up again to +500, number go up

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Jesus, a 50% miss rate huh

Who designed that test? Raytheon?

lol

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

flipping a coin gives similar results while costing far less unless it's the $1 trillion coin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

test bad so sad

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Smoke weed some days

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The job I got laid off from was pretty makework even though we did code. The whole time I worked there I fantasized about my time in a cafe because I actually felt good doing work there and having good coworkers who I felt a sense of solidarity with, even if the pay was just slightly above minwage.

I'm actually not sure if I'll rush back into a computer touching job again for a while, kind of re-evaluating life rn

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Xpost from Medical Stories

BioRxiv preprint, no peer review, NYU School of Medicine researchers. From abstract:

Ouch?

gently caress I wanted to post the dire hellworld preprint

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DC just extended it's stay-at-home order into June, so looks like my company won't be headed back to the downtown offices anytime soon

Hell even if they did open it up, I couldn't go, my subway stations are closing in the coming weeks (including my usual transfer), I'm in a weird area where the buses aren't exactly direct, and i dont have a parking pass for my car and my wife needs it more anyway

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

cool society where the people who do actual work make a fraction of what the people who spend 99% of their time justifying to themselves and others that they do actual work make

Raiad has issued a correction as of 18:09 on May 13, 2020

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

lol I think that's the one FizFashizzle said was just giving endless false negatives.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

lol I think that's the one FizFashizzle said was just giving endless false negatives.

is that the one they're using all over and states are like "yo this is giving 3% positive while the rest of the state is pretty steady at 18%" isn't it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can we PLEASE make a cspam pinned post to remind people that the beautiful deregulated FDA that fast track rubber stamped the Abbott presidential approval level of effectiveness covid tester is the same FDA 'overseeing' the warp speed development of vaccines.

This is an incredibly serious threat to lives and the very fabric of modern society as the stage is set to throw science, medicine, federal oversight, and regulation all under the bus when this capitalism dressed up in the skinsuit of the FDA fails beyond your wildest nightmare.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Breakfast All Day posted:

"its just not that simple to get my teenagers to clean. i cant just make it so. whereas the person whom i have vast economic power over, its very simple. also they like it and cleaning my poo poo is their life's meaning. btw youre sexist"

It's like parents who can't or won't discipline their kids because "they'll get mad" who take out their frustrations about their poo poo kid on teachers.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Asproigerosis posted:

Can we PLEASE make a cspam pinned post to remind people that the beautiful deregulated FDA that fast track rubber stamped the Abbott presidential approval level of effectiveness covid tester is the same FDA 'overseeing' the warp speed development of vaccines.

This is an incredibly serious threat to lives and the very fabric of modern society as the stage is set to throw science, medicine, federal oversight, and regulation all under the bus when this capitalism dressed up in the skinsuit of the FDA fails beyond your wildest nightmare.

nobody cares

it’s all burning and people are taking off their masks

Only the strong

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

nobody cares

it’s all burning and people are taking off their masks

back to work

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

back to work

moloch scene from metropolis

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

quoting a slave raping pedophile's opinion on giving stuff from people who work to people who don't, inspiring

it's also a fake quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

ChristsDickWorship posted:

after using terro for the last few years, i don't understand how the other traps suck when sugar water and borax seems simple as hell

etalian posted:

I notice that ants actually ignore the expensive traps brands like raid but get quickly addicted to terro.

Cheap commercial sweeteners have been used in baits for a few decades and surprise, surprise, insects have evolved a distaste for the commercial sweetener because it's used almost exclusively with insecticidal poisons.

Terro works because it uses the same sweetener that regular food typically uses(sugar) and evolving a divestment from that when it's literally thrown out everywhere by people isn't going to happen. That makes it a minefield that ants have to walk through or risk cutting off a major source of easy intake.

vyst posted:

I read this as dankest winter at first and got excited

It can be if you make it so :350:

Makework jobs with supervision and makework jobs without supervision are two different beasts. If you're salaried or unsupervised, thinking smarter means you can dick around a lot more as long as the results are there. Hourly or supervised makework is garbage and you should absolutely put in the minimum possible effort on that front, because if it's all done, they'll find bullshit to stick you with and expect you to do that from then on.