Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

not caring here posted:

When I got mine here, I passed my 20/25 minimum written standard (they stopped testing me after 20 right answers in a row), and did a driving test that was so farcical I might as well have just gotten my license out of a cereal box.

Korean dump truck usually carrying about 80 tonnes of rock or gravel that does about 70 miles an hour everywhere.

Korean drivers driving aggressively and street racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

She voted to allow warrantless browser history surveillance so... No.

Misread it then

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

They're not bastards. They're monsters we elect to scare each other. Right wingers are just as afraid of AOC as lefties are of anyone in the GOP. They're so afraid of their polar opposites that they have to elect the most frightening person they can.

Ted Cruz is the chupacabra.

Also calling them bastards implies they have/had mothers.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They're not bastards. They're monsters we elect to scare each other. Right wingers are just as afraid of AOC as lefties are of anyone in the GOP. They're so afraid of their polar opposites that they have to elect the most frightening person they can.

Ted Cruz is the chupacabra.

Also calling them bastards implies they have/had mothers.

There is no equivalency between the right and what passes for "left" in American politics.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Madurai posted:

My father was old enough to remember the German POWs being used as prison labor, working on the highways in Mississippi during the war. He remembered them singing a lot.

This is a good time to remind people that German POWs were allowed in the segregated PX and facilities in the South that black US Soldiers were denied entry to.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Schadenboner posted:

There is no equivalency between the right and what passes for "left" in American politics.

Lol we don't have a left wing, we only have a bernie.

:smith:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

sanders probably negotiated being absent instead of going on record as voting for it so that in return he would get...?

what a waste, that guy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cugel the Clever posted:

This. As much as I'm wildly dissatisfied with Dem leadership, the old "10 Dems did something stupid, therefore all bad" schtick is just silly and fosters rejectionists attitudes over trying to actually change things.

its the same "its not worth it to vote, it won't make a difference" I grew up with in the 90s that let the boomers do this to the country

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
America is an entire nation of people who are so habitually downtrodden that they've all collectively given up

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don’t think it was an accident it got defeated by one vote. If Bernie had voted, other people would’ve voted differently and the result would’ve been the same. It’s a farce.

Republicans might try to destroy eachother but when it comes down to it they generally toe the party line when they have to.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Everything is a nightmare all the time

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
amazing what decades of the "lesser of two evils" does

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We haven't even been getting the lesser of two evils.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I didn't expect to see Zeta Gundam memes in here but I agree.

Milo and POTUS posted:

We haven't even been getting the lesser of two evils.

:hmmyes:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, here's their explanation:

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1260672549349883906

I think this is a situation to reject the premise - the correct decision between google collecting everything and FISA-based warrantless searches of it is gently caress you and everything, stop collecting my poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Boot, face, forever.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That Works posted:

I didn't expect to see Zeta Gundam memes in here but I agree.

I had to double-check what thread I was in.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Best Friends posted:

https://twitter.com/byheatherlong/status/1260556783787089920?s=21

Things status: bad

I don't think our elites are remotely comprehending the situation we're in, because the equity markets aren't bad and that alone is "the economy" for the media and politicians.

If the US were a small Asian nation in the 60s, intelligence analysts would be making GBS threads their pants over the probability of a communist insurgency.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MRC48B posted:

If the US were a small Asian nation in the 60s, intelligence analysts would be making GBS threads their pants over the probability of a communist insurgency.

They couldn't imagine a scenario where a significant portion of the working class was ideologically committed to supporting the people keeping them down.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

facialimpediment posted:

Well, here's their explanation:

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1260672549349883906

I think this is a situation to reject the premise - the correct decision between google collecting everything and FISA-based warrantless searches of it is gently caress you and everything, stop collecting my poo poo.

I like how writing legislation that prevents Google from doing that is completely off the table.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

A Bad Poster posted:

I like how writing legislation that prevents Google from doing that is completely off the table.

I mean, between GOP being half the body and a near-plurality of the other half being west coast dems it p.much is.

Not a great situation but: America2020.txt?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It looks like the discussions are officially starting on the idea of a challenge vaccine program - vaccinating people against, then literally exposing people to COVID. And it sure sounds like there are plenty of volunteers for it.

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1260686362778402819?s=19

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

It looks like the discussions are officially starting on the idea of a challenge vaccine program - vaccinating people against, then literally exposing people to COVID. And it sure sounds like there are plenty of volunteers for it.

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/1260686362778402819?s=19

18th century medicine, today!

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Woofer posted:

I don’t think it was an accident it got defeated by one vote. If Bernie had voted, other people would’ve voted differently and the result would’ve been the same. It’s a farce.

Republicans might try to destroy eachother but when it comes down to it they generally toe the party line when they have to.

24 Republicans voted for it. The optics look bad but yeah, that number would have been 23 if he was there.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hit...ally-in-lansing

quote:

Dozens of angry Michiganders, fueled by conspiracy theories and disinformation about the coronavirus, are promoting violence and mobilizing armed rallies against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Facebook, in violation of the social media company’s policies.

Metro Times gained access to four private Facebook groups that can only be seen by approved members. The pages, which have a combined 400,000 members, are filled with paranoid, sexist, and grammar-challenged rants, with members encouraging violence and flouting the governor’s social-distancing orders.

quote:

News
Good-to-Go
Food & Drink
Music
Arts & Culture
Weed
Galleries
Calendar
Best Of
Subscribe
Advertise

News Hits
Email
Print
[Privacy Badger has replaced this AddThis button.]
News Hits
Gov. Whitmer becomes target of dozens of threats on private Facebook groups ahead of armed rally in Lansing
Posted By Steve Neavling on Mon, May 11, 2020 at 9:38 AM
SHUTTERSTOCK

Shutterstock

Dozens of angry Michiganders, fueled by conspiracy theories and disinformation about the coronavirus, are promoting violence and mobilizing armed rallies against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Facebook, in violation of the social media company’s policies.

Metro Times gained access to four private Facebook groups that can only be seen by approved members. The pages, which have a combined 400,000 members, are filled with paranoid, sexist, and grammar-challenged rants, with members encouraging violence and flouting the governor’s social-distancing orders.

On Sunday, after being contacted by Metro Times, Facebook removed one of the groups, Michigan United for Liberty, and deleted posts on others for violating the company’s policy against inciting violence. Facebook announced last month that it will remove groups and events that encourage people to defy social-distancing measures. Facebook also is investigating the other groups.

“We removed one group for violating our policies and will remove any other violations as we continue our review,“ a Facebook spokesperson tells Metro Times.

Assassinating Whitmer is a common theme among members of the groups. Dozens of people have called for her to be hanged.

“We need a good old fashioned lynch mob to storm the Capitol, drag her tyrannical rear end out onto the street and string her up as our forefathers would have,” John Campbell Sr. wrote in a group called “People of Michigan vs. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer,” which had nearly 9,000 members as of Monday morning.

Steve Doxsie had the same idea: “Drag that tyrant governor out to the front lawn. Fit her for a noose.”

“Either President Trump sends in the troops or there is going to be a midnight lynching in Lansing soon,” Michael Smith chimed in.

Others suggested she be shot, beaten, or beheaded.

“Plain and simple she needs to eat lead and send a statement to the rest of the democrats that they are next,” James Greena, of Fennville, wrote.

Russel Christopher Rozman said, “She needs her rear end beat. Most of these politicians need a good rear end whooping. Just. Punch there lights out.”

When someone suggested the guillotine, Thomas Michael Lamphere responded, “Good ol’ fashioned bullets work better, but I like the enthusiasm.”

“Wonder how long till she’s hit with a shotgun blast,” Chris Parrish wrote.

Matthew Woodruff had another idea: “Can we please just take up a collection for an assassin to put that woman from Michigan down,” he asked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hilarious that the RW has a place to organize without impediment

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hilarious that the RW has a place to organize without impediment

Yeah, although we usually just say “America”, though?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ahahahahaha I like this judge so much

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1260701547891240967

Dude orders a retired judge to argue AGAINST the government's motion to drop the case *and* basically asks HEY, WHY SHOULDN'T I PURSUE CRIMINAL CONTEMPT AGAINST FLYNN

Donnie's going to have to pardon Flynn.

https://twitter.com/TEZNYC/status/1256291895912927234

Edit: That retired judge was a former prosecutor and he has Opinions about this whole thing:

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1260705032384778243

As Crusty said below, he would serve his time at home, most likely, but does that change if it's criminal contempt? Or would the judge just fine Flynn up the wazoo for it?

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 13, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Even if he is sentenced he'll be serving his time at home because covid.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

still, tar and feather that gently caress

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Since the Wisconsin Supreme Court said stay at home orders aren’t legal, that means chuds can do whatever they want at this point right?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Woofer posted:

Since the U.S. Constitution was written by and for the slave power, that means chuds can do whatever they want at this point right?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/cassvinograd/status/1260690049168965633?s=21

What a gut-wrenching read.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

People are volunteering to give that information to Google/Facebook/etc.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Maybe it's not terrible that the planet seems to be curing itself of humanity.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

stealie72 posted:

Maybe it's not terrible that the planet seems to be curing itself of humanity.

Dude maybe I misread what you mean but holy poo poo that is in poor taste.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I mean, I took that as "at least if we all die nobody will rampage through a maternity ward again".

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Remora posted:

I mean, I took that as "at least if we all die nobody will rampage through a maternity ward again".

Same but it can definitely be spun a really, really dark way.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The human race deserves global warming. There, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Milo and POTUS posted:

The human race deserves global warming out of a can. There, I said it.