Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

empty baggie posted:

How long have they been in Staten Island? Because if he came with the house, he's at least that old.

I'm going to assume he just did to the house what he does to jobs, he just walked in one morning set up his room and before anyone else had the common sense to question it he was a fixture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm going to assume he just did to the house what he does to jobs, he just walked in one morning set up his room and before anyone else had the common sense to question it he was a fixture.

There was a Seinfeld episode where Kramer does that with a job, and that inspired a homeless guy in NYC to actually do it. He bought a suit at a thrift store for $5 and went to "work" every day. He was able to eat every day for free, either because some department ordered pizza or he'd just find someone he hadn't talked to yet, act like he knew them, and "borrow a few bucks for lunch" because he "lost his wallet". He slept in empty meeting rooms or closets, or sat in on meetings, etc, then stayed up all night.

He did it for 2 years and never got caught.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

There was a Seinfeld episode where Kramer does that with a job, and that inspired a homeless guy in NYC to actually do it. He bought a suit at a thrift store for $5 and went to "work" every day. He was able to eat every day for free, either because some department ordered pizza or he'd just find someone he hadn't talked to yet, act like he knew them, and "borrow a few bucks for lunch" because he "lost his wallet". He slept in empty meeting rooms or closets, or sat in on meetings, etc, then stayed up all night.

He did it for 2 years and never got caught.

Did he stop because someone noticed or because he couldn't take the office politics any more?

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XT9CifIlY

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
My favorite part of the episode that no one has mentioned is when Colin Robinson comes in after his first day of being boss and his phone call is him going back and forth with someone, obviously bugging them, about whether or not they're in the office.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We never found out if they were near the office.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hey, kids! It's Mark Hamill!

*applause*

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Mark Hamill as a vampire was everything I could have wanted :allears:

Laszlo being a coward and getting super into volleyball is great too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was amazing.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
I did not expect that episode, and everything about it was incredible.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I was legit so happy the Bucks got to go to state

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'd watch a whole series about a vampire bartender.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm seriously hoping the series finale has a Seinfeld style thing with them against all the people they've pissed off in the past in some kind of battle royale.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shitenshi posted:

I'm seriously hoping the series finale has a Seinfeld style thing with them against all the people they've pissed off in the past in some kind of battle royale.

Only it turns out everybody blames Vampire Batista for their bullshit instead. He gets sentenced to another 1000 years of sitting in a room to think about what he did(n't do).

Edit: Wait hang on a loving second.... Jackie Daytona was Laszlo all along!?! I was wondering why they suddenly shifted to some entirely new character whose story we'd never seen before.

The Colinrobinson bits with Nadja and the doll were incredible.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 14, 2020

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Matt Berry is a national treasure.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What does Gizmo say at the start? He mouths it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Guillermo kind of shrugging and lowering his stake when Jim the Vampire said he was here for Laszlo was great.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I cranked up the volume as much as possible but I still can't make it out unfortunately.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Oasx posted:

Matt Berry is a national treasure.

Budget Johnathan Rhys-Davies?

(He's my favorite)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The two best gags were:

1.) Laszlo's toothpick disguise

2.) Laszlo's toothpick disguise legitimately fooling Jim the vampire

The entire vampire community doesn't have a single brain cell among them and it's great.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I may have enjoyed this episode the most this season.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My theory is that Laszlo wasn't trying to screw Jim the Vampire over when he repaid his dept with that Big Mouth Billy Bass, he legitimately thought it was a rare and extraordinary treasure.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

hanales posted:

I may have enjoyed this episode the most this season.

Ditto. It was just 95% earnest goofiness and I loved it.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My theory is that Laszlo wasn't trying to screw Jim the Vampire over when he repaid his dept with that Big Mouth Billy Bass, he legitimately thought it was a rare and extraordinary treasure.
I think this probably true, and makes the whole bit even funnier. They were just mesmerized by it, not realizing it was a piece of kitsch that has been around for over 20 years.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hanales posted:

I may have enjoyed this episode the most

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The reveal that the bikers were just normal guys had me dying

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Milo and POTUS posted:

The reveal that the bikers were just normal guys had me dying

and the guy giving a talking head blurb was fantastic.

"He kicked the poo poo out of us!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would probably literally kill someone for an episode that has a bunch of flashbacks to stuff like Lazslo and Nadja being punks

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

tmm3k posted:

I think this probably true, and makes the whole bit even funnier. They were just mesmerized by it, not realizing it was a piece of kitsch that has been around for over 20 years.

To be fair, to a person from hundreds of years ago (which Jim and Laszlo both are) that singing Bass really would be a mechanical miracle.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think "He's not", in response to Nandor saying he was winning

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

And because I had never heard of a "mechanical turk," so I looked it up:

wikipedia posted:

The Turk was in fact a mechanical illusion that allowed a human chess master hiding inside to operate the machine. With a skilled operator, the Turk won most of the games played during its demonstrations around Europe and the Americas for nearly 84 years, playing and defeating many challengers including statesmen such as Napoleon Bonaparte and Benjamin Franklin. The device was later purchased in 1804 and exhibited by Johann Nepomuk Mälzel. The chess masters who secretly operated it included Johann Allgaier, Boncourt, Aaron Alexandre, William Lewis, Jacques Mouret, and William Schlumberger, but the operators within the mechanism during Kempelen's original tour remain a mystery.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I love that the entire Jackie Daytona saga is only a "weeks" time. "Fucken guy..." indeed

Also did anyone catch Lazlo talking about the indie band with the same name in the credits?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

To be fair, to a person from hundreds of years ago (which Jim and Laszlo both are) that singing Bass really would be a mechanical miracle.

It reminds me of the best scene from that Netflix Dracula miniseries a few months ago, where Drac is looking around in amazement at a dumpy modern home after sleeping 100 years. The owner shrugs and says "It's a dump" and he's like "Bitch I've met ever ruler in Europe and every single one of them would literally kill to have a room like this."

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

It reminds me of the best scene from that Netflix Dracula miniseries a few months ago, where Drac is looking around in amazement at a dumpy modern home after sleeping 100 years. The owner shrugs and says "It's a dump" and he's like "Bitch I've met ever ruler in Europe and every single one of them would literally kill to have a room like this."

Have you seen the rooms that rulers in Europe had? Netflix Dracula is extremely bad and almost nothing in it makes sense.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Jerkface posted:

I love that the entire Jackie Daytona saga is only a "weeks" time. "Fucken guy..." indeed

Also did anyone catch Lazlo talking about the indie band with the same name in the credits?

Only because someone made me aware if it. FYI for everyone, there are *two* scenes in the credits this week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, which makes it even better that when Jim the Vampire shows up 150 years from now and eventually Laszlo remembers who he is, he's gonna get pissed that Jim the Vampire didn't appreciate the great gift he gave him.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Seriously good episode. Was not expecting the whole László gets into volleyball thing lol

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

precision posted:

I would probably literally kill someone for an episode that has a bunch of flashbacks to stuff like Lazslo and Nadja being punks

This actually struck me for the first time during this episode's opening credits, they show the vampires all changing their clothing styles over the years but we only ever see them in their very Old World outfits on the show.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I've seen the actors mention that their costumes reflect when each felt most prosperous. So Nandor is in late medieval outfits while Laszlo wears Victorian dress. Maybe someone can tell me what style Nadja is wearing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

precision posted:

I know people are probably tired of me saying it but man she rocks that look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Arglebargle III posted:

I've seen the actors mention that their costumes reflect when each felt most prosperous. So Nandor is in late medieval outfits while Laszlo wears Victorian dress. Maybe someone can tell me what style Nadja is wearing.

I'm pretty sure she's a parody of that crazy Countess that bathed in virgin blood, in the way that Nandor is a sort of Vlad stand-in