Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Added to the pile

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC7/status/1259898461136158730

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

snoo posted:

maryland's cases keep going up up up but don't worry guys hogan consulted with business experts about reopening! you know, people who have treated health and safety as their #1 priority. we're in good hands

well of course its their priority, fewer customers means less profit. this is econ 101.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

Might as well quit looking at trackers. Those numbers are not real

this is a dumb thing to say without any qualifiers whatsoever

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
:chloe:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Mankind deserves everything that is happening right now. Yes especially Trump.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/hildabast/status/1259708517901975552?s=20

So I think the total number of countries with ongoing BCG vs. COVID trials which I have heard about are

- USA
- UK
- India
- Netherlands
- Germany
- France
- Spain
- Austria
- Australia
- Greece
- South Africa
- Egypt
- Columbia
- Brazil
- Vietnam
- Hungary

that's every continent except Antarctica

loving Antarctica what are they hiding

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The scientists world over know the cure, just delaying reopening so that they can something-something swamp metaphor.

:tinfoil:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

twoday posted:

sort by deaths per population and you will see that the western countries which have no bcg vaccine have the highest death rates, regardless of testing rate or case rate

Australia hasn't vaccinated the general population against TB for decades and it has a death rate of 4 per million, the same as New Zealand. A substantial portion of our seniors would have been vaccinated in their youth, though.

We're about to start easing restrictions, as is New Zealand, so I guess we'll find out just how much of a part those restrictions have played in keeping our death rate low.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Might as well quit looking at trackers. Those numbers are not real

Yeah tracker goon can you show us what it looks like if you extrapolate cases from excess deaths at ifr 0.6% and then take of from May 1 at whatever the doubling time was in March, that's gonna be the most accurate

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/KDsMM7K.mp4

sound *highly* encouraged.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

snoo posted:

maryland's cases keep going up up up but don't worry guys hogan consulted with business experts about reopening! you know, people who have treated health and safety as their #1 priority. we're in good hands

snoo can you post that photo of the barrier your (former?) employers kid made to keep you safe

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

a helpful bear posted:

snoo can you post that photo of the barrier your (former?) employers kid made to keep you safe

it was either the manager or the manager's daughter, who has been working at the store lmao

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
bless

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

the poo poo thing is with all my experience i could easily get another job in food service, but if i want to try to work in an office or something where i could work remotely, i'm poo poo out of luck; i have a bachelor's degree in english so no one gives a poo poo

the gig economy is a spook and capitalism will feast on my corpse; having a normal one don't mind me

English degree IT senior systems administrator here. Become a computer toucher no one gives a poo poo. "Actually I've found that my english degree has only helped me in my career because in the IT world there is a woeful lack of people who can communicate efficiently and blah blah blah"

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/rgay/status/1260717272189943808

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
now someone neds make the tweet about sept-dec and going into 2021

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Yeah don’t let probably not getting a job in a new field keep you from trying. Get some skills or certain and be open to starting in a poo poo position. It’s super not foolproof or guaranteed, but the chances are higher than giving up in advance.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

George H.W. oval office posted:

"Actually I've found that my english degree has only helped me in my career because in the IT world there is a woeful lack of people who can communicate efficiently and blah blah blah"

this isnt just a line btw many, many programmers write like 5th graders

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

English degree IT senior systems administrator here. Become a computer toucher no one gives a poo poo. "Actually I've found that my english degree has only helped me in my career because in the IT world there is a woeful lack of people who can communicate efficiently and blah blah blah"

Yes please, there are so many neckbeards with no soft skills in IT

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

I hate this idiot so much.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I love my dead gay economy

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Covid time already? Good thing death doesn't exist!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i bought some udemy courses on data science in hopes of some day becoming a computer toucher

i also have leadership experience and actual soft skills

it’s just tough because this stuff is happening NOW and i can’t pivot fast enough to avoid homelessness

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Judakel posted:

I hate this idiot so much.

Turn on your monitor

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol Republicans are murderers

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

snoo posted:

we can stay home for a few more months I think but after that idk what we're gonna do

probably be homeless :)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

saw my first neighborhood business casualties of the lockdown

a starbucks and a sprint store

:sad:

all the non-demon cracker businesses seem to still be alive so far

e: banks are still there drat still got demon crackers

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

~the new normal~

countdown until some chud annihilates a bunch of mannequins in a blind rage

THe Animatrix was a documentary

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sure is awful quiet on the "the flu is deadlier bro" front

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Well, it's a good thing she's not in charge.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

aha

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Saw this line in a thread on my city's subreddit. "We actually HAVE to go outside because our immune systems are now compromised from being indoors for so long and we'll never achieve herd immunity to this otherwise!" Aside from the fact that it's hilarious to think we've "been inside for so long," I really just don't even know where to start with people who think we've suddenly reverted to having the immune system of a literal infant because we're not allowed to hit up Olive Garden.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

snoo posted:

it was either the manager or the manager's daughter, who has been working at the store lmao

lol no joke that is not the worst creation. tho it needing to happen instead of like, better things, is dum

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Fort Wayne is only nominally a part of this state, but we are still hosed yeah since most of it started opening up a week ago and Bloomington and Indy are expected to start opening back up friday. No idea what it looks like but it ain't gonna be good

I drove to Fort Wayne once to see Loverboy play.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

You know it’s bad when even white people cant have all the meat they want

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

once saw a hawk eating a pigeon on a streetlight, directly above a convertible

someone was gonna jump into a car full of juicy gibs

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

~the new normal~

Finally, an evening at a 3 Michelin star restaurant with my waifu, free from judgment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ringo Roadagain posted:

okay then florida

lmao they discovered a cure!!