Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
There is a scorpion island, too. I've gotten it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Mykroft posted:

I've only been playing for just over a week, so my island is pretty bare - I don't even have Able's yet, but turnip prices are at 597, so it's time to open the floodgates for people with turnips burning a hole in their pocket if you missed it earlier. Dodo code is JMQ34

CJ is here, which as far as I know is useless to visitors, he was in the mountains to the northeast last I checked (sorry there are no ramps, still building my bankroll for that).

Nooks has a kitty litter box, unlimited items are screen walls, throwback wrestling figure (green mask), and dish-drying rack (yellow)

I'm AFKish with the console plugged in and just looking over every so often. No need to tip (though appreciated), and if it's not too much of a goon rush mess feel free to water the flowers to the left after you come in (I didn't prep watering cans so don't feel obligated) and/or leave a note on the billboard.

The fossils and DIY just to your left after coming in are free to take. I just swung by the villager houses and didn't see anyone working on anything.

Heya! I dropped by and gave the flowers a good watering. Your layout looks nice so far!

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Mykroft posted:

Glad to be of service, and thanks for the bells and parka! I had been eyeballing the space parka at Able's but never bought it so I'm glad to finally have it :)

Thanks for opening your island. I left you an arcade cabinet. :)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mykroft posted:

I've only been playing for just over a week, so my island is pretty bare - I don't even have Able's yet, but turnip prices are at 597, so it's time to open the floodgates for people with turnips burning a hole in their pocket if you missed it earlier. Dodo code is JMQ34

CJ is here, which as far as I know is useless to visitors, he was in the mountains to the northeast last I checked (sorry there are no ramps, still building my bankroll for that).

Nooks has a kitty litter box, unlimited items are screen walls, throwback wrestling figure (green mask), and dish-drying rack (yellow)

I'm AFKish with the console plugged in and just looking over every so often. No need to tip (though appreciated), and if it's not too much of a goon rush mess feel free to water the flowers to the left after you come in (I didn't prep watering cans so don't feel obligated) and/or leave a note on the billboard.

The fossils and DIY just to your left after coming in are free to take. I just swung by the villager houses and didn't see anyone working on anything.

Thanks got being open! Left a tip on the stone table.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

6q43n

Red is here, pretty good fakes left dont what them to go to waste, ones a mayan alien thing with antenna anothers a huge painting with a thumbs up dude that looks fake to me, and leonardo di vincis painting of man but it has coffee stains.
Tons of DIY for free on the right as you enter,
I dont need bells just wanna help not waste stuff so go goons go

MossCoveredStones
Apr 26, 2020
Heya goons! Mossy Isle is gonna be open for a while. Some things of note: Leif is here, turnip prices are awful, loads of free stuff out on the beach, MAGE ROBES IN THE TAILORS and that's about it.

The hot item worth making today is the palm tree lamp, sells for about 6000 bells. No need to water any flowers unless ya feel like it.

Code is 0N4SB so come on by!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I've never had my island offer more than 123 for turnip buying what the gently caress.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

6q43n

Red is here, pretty good fakes left dont what them to go to waste, ones a mayan alien thing with antenna anothers a huge painting with a thumbs up dude that looks fake to me, and leonardo di vincis painting of man but it has coffee stains.

Gonna see if I can pop by for a fake because the existence of the forgery economy in this game rules

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

MossCoveredStones posted:

Heya goons! Mossy Isle is gonna be open for a while. Some things of note: Leif is here, turnip prices are awful, loads of free stuff out on the beach, MAGE ROBES IN THE TAILORS and that's about it.

The hot item worth making today is the palm tree lamp, sells for about 6000 bells. No need to water any flowers unless ya feel like it.

Code is 0N4SB so come on by!
Thank you! I took several things, but also left a tip behind the tailor shop.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Junkie Disease posted:

6q43n

All the stuff has sold! So I closed thanks for coming Goons!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Any islands with decent turnip prices still open?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

readingatwork posted:

Mykroft posted:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

All the stuff has sold! So I closed thanks for coming Goons!

I bought the coffee stain print and left a terrible doodle. Island looks so nice, I haven't seen the straw fencing used like that before and it looks so pleasant and organic :3:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

E-flat posted:

Bea started singing Stale Cupcakes completely unprompted in the plaza area and Raymond just joined her. :kimchi: this game is really good sometimes.

I spotted Sprocket singing in the plaza today with Freya and Renee sitting down in front of him, watching him sing. It was adorable. :3:

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Mykroft posted:

I've only been playing for just over a week, so my island is pretty bare - I don't even have Able's yet, but turnip prices are at 597, so it's time to open the floodgates for people with turnips burning a hole in their pocket if you missed it earlier. Dodo code is Redacted/closed

Maybe it’s bad form to reply to my own post, but clarifying, I’m on the west coast and will keep this open until 8:45pm or so here while watching survivor before editing out the code.

Thanks a bunch to the folks who visited and left gifts, I’m overwhelmed by the tips folks left and look forward to seeing the new flowers from folks who watered flowers.

readingatwork posted:

Quoting this in case you need it :)

Mykroft fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 14, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

runchild posted:

https://twitter.com/runchild_switch/status/1260710548431200257?s=21
17x17 tiles of nothing but flowers, and I still have a 5 star island. I think that pretty definitively debunks the idea that flowers can cause clutter.

You need to make some sprite art

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Nice! On my way.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Mykroft posted:

Thanks a bunch to the folks who visited and left gifts, I’m overwhelmed by the tips folks left and look forward to seeing the new flowers from folks who watered flowers.

I left you some oranges. I saw you didn't have any

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

The White Dragon posted:

i wanted raymond so he could live on my island

now he gets high as the hubble space telescope w our crew and then he makes a really serious face so nobody knows hes high

That room has a serious Hot Couch Guy Energy

MossCoveredStones
Apr 26, 2020

Bob Socko posted:

Thank you! I took several things, but also left a tip behind the tailor shop.

You're quite welcome! Tailors are closed now but everyone's still welcome to come by and harass the nooklings with expensive coconut lamps.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Mykroft posted:

Quoting this in case you need it :)

Thanks! Left you a tip by your house.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/ac_context/status/1260662780518191111

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I spotted Sprocket singing in the plaza today with Freya and Renee sitting down in front of him, watching him sing. It was adorable. :3:

I just put a stereo down next to the plaza and Suddenly it’s been a half hour? This is amazing.

MossCoveredStones
Apr 26, 2020
Heck, my switch went to sleep so I'm sorry if someone got abruptly disconnected. Also I'm shutting the gates for the time being. Thanks for stopping by!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm okay with the new progression system in general but boy howdy bridges are loving expensive for how necessary they might be depending on your layout. Nook, you're an rear end in a top hat t:mad:t

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
So I've got both Tank, the jock rhino, and Nibbles, the peppy squirrel in boxes today (5/14). Nibbles had the unfortunate luck of being the only one of three peppy villagers living in a basic house. Tank, while not without his charm, gave me baby clothes/a dress one too many loving times so he is the chosen sacrifice to the amiibo gods.

If anyone is interested in grabbing either one of them post here or shoot me a PM and I'll open up for you.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Marine Song 2001 is basically K.K. covering Kapp'n's sea chanties and I love it so much. :allears:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

precision posted:

I'm okay with the new progression system in general but boy howdy bridges are loving expensive for how necessary they might be depending on your layout. Nook, you're an rear end in a top hat t:mad:t

'sup needing at least 4 bridges to get to all the areas of the island buddy?

Back before the valuable bugs got their spawn rates nerfed it was no big deal to earn a bridge in a day or two without any grinding.
But after Wilbur started fueling his plane with DDT (what else do you think those trails are?) it's been slim pickings.

Picayune posted:

Marine Song 2001 is basically K.K. covering Kapp'n's sea chanties and I love it so much. :allears:

Wanna know when they'll have Kapp'n dock at the pier and take us on a magical journey no plane can reach.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Anyone else notice what seems like motion smoothing aka solid frames above 30 at times? I thought it was my tv, because i usually play handheld, but I'm back handheld and still see it.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Do any of the house customisation options include the door-chime? I've noticed a few of my residents have more 'wooden windchime' sounding door opening sounds or higher pitch bells than mine & just wondered if that was the door type or just for animals houses or if it's something from a later house upgrade? I like the wood sounding ones.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Geemer posted:

Wanna know when they'll have Kapp'n dock at the pier and take us on a magical journey no plane can reach.

Maybe he'll take us deep-sea fishing so that we can fill that one giant empty tank in the museum's fish wing.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

If a villager is in boxes in another players town and your town is full, can they move in to your campsite or talk to resident services? Or are you SOL?

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Geemer posted:

'sup needing at least 4 bridges to get to all the areas of the island buddy?

Once you have terraforming you don't need to build bridges across rivers. you can just terraform a land bridge across the river. You can also dig out gaps in the land bridge so the river water keeps flowing. You're able to just skip over the gaps while walking/running. At that point bridges become mainly an aesthetic choice.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Picayune posted:

glad to hear

rip kapp'n

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

Calico Heart posted:

If a villager is in boxes in another players town and your town is full, can they move in to your campsite or talk to resident services? Or are you SOL?

You can ask them to move to your town, but they'll just contact resident services who will say no.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

IkeTurner posted:

Once you have terraforming you don't need to build bridges across rivers. you can just terraform a land bridge across the river. You can also dig out gaps in the land bridge so the river water keeps flowing. You're able to just skip over the gaps while walking/running. At that point bridges become mainly an aesthetic choice.

Sounds like the cowards' solution.

Also I want my animals to be able to visit the dang zen garden spa I'm building for them.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

runchild posted:

17x17 tiles of nothing but flowers, and I still have a 5 star island. I think that pretty definitively debunks the idea that flowers can cause clutter.
Has the 5-star rating not been completely data-mined? I'm currently trying to get mine and just dumping poo poo all over the island doesn't seem to be working so far. It's about 1/3 walls, 1/3 random furniture and 1/3 mannequins.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Turnips are 587 in Flounder - CLOSED
Nook's Cranny: Antique desk, sleeping bag (yellow), infinite magazines, amp (brown)
Able Sisters: Noble dress, wrestling singlet, firefighter hats, monocles.
Sarahah: Blue kitchen mat, brown wooden-deck rug, red kilim-style carpet, street wall, sidewalk flooring. Ticket wall: circuit-board wall. Ticket Floor: mossy-garden flooring.
Ava is crafting a peach surprise box.
There is a recipe dump by the resident services plaza.

Turnip price should be good for about 2.5 hours from time of the post. I switched on early this morning to find them high, but had to go out, so I shut down and messed with the clock when I got back rather than waste a good price.

I will be attempting to do my rounds then lurking near the plaza.

Shallow fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Turnips at 200, kicks is in town, Ables have royal coats and dresses, free stuff is left at the tent site, and I simply like visitors to my measly 4 stars island.

BTN25