Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Your favorite skaters are old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rSYEoBMYM

You favorite ska band is old

You are old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Leal posted:

You are old

No poo poo, that's why this rules

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I hope they include a retro chunky model you can play as like RE2 remake did

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Can't wait for 72 years old versions in 2040!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Lord Lambeth posted:

I hope they include a retro chunky model you can play as like RE2 remake did
Speaking of, there's another series where characters age in real-time. Chris Redfield is almost 50 years old now.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Leal posted:

Your favorite skaters are old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rSYEoBMYM

You favorite ska band is old

You are old

Watching dad-rockers as a teen: oh God, this is so embarassing.
Watching dad-rockers now: this is wonderful, they're loving it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

“How do you do, fellow kids?” The Video Game

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

I have had the same tab open for over two years, it's a picture of a cool bird and nothing you say or do can make me close it.

Can’t help but notice this cool bird hasn’t been posted yet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

Can’t help but notice this cool bird hasn’t been posted yet.

is it this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFuzr_GnqQ

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

so I was playing asscreed origins and god drat, it's so pretty that even though I was really tuned out and not paying too much attention, I still had moments where I was just staring at it, because god drat, so pretty

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I'm a bit late for Prey chat, but I did my first run with only human powers and all the survival options, and it wasn't too bad. Early game was a bit rough until I got combat focus and a shotgun, and modded up the shotgun a bit. Before that, it was a lot of sneaking around and avoiding things because they would one-shot me. Discovering that the cystoids were weak to the nerf gun was a great moment, too. They went from pain in the rear end to joke with one dart.

Of course, by the end of the game, I was rushing the nightmare with a shotgun whenever it appeared, and used up the rest of the satellite beacon charges to summon more nightmares to kill.

Prey is very good. If you haven't played it yet somehow, you should.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

beats for junkies posted:

I'm a bit late for Prey chat, but I did my first run with only human powers and all the survival options, and it wasn't too bad. Early game was a bit rough until I got combat focus and a shotgun, and modded up the shotgun a bit. Before that, it was a lot of sneaking around and avoiding things because they would one-shot me. Discovering that the cystoids were weak to the nerf gun was a great moment, too. They went from pain in the rear end to joke with one dart.

Of course, by the end of the game, I was rushing the nightmare with a shotgun whenever it appeared, and used up the rest of the satellite beacon charges to summon more nightmares to kill.

Prey is very good. If you haven't played it yet somehow, you should.

I started my first run months ago and just kinda bailed mostly bc the Steam update or the game itself totally boned my game pad control mapping each time I loaded it up.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Look Sir Droids posted:

I started my first run months ago and just kinda bailed mostly bc the Steam update or the game itself totally boned my game pad control mapping each time I loaded it up.

If go into the options in steam and set the controller overlay to “forced off” it fixes it.

You used to have to go into big picture mode to find that option. Steam loves just jam features into your experience without telling you they even exist.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I completed three separate runs; typhon, human, and no-powers, all without ever using combat focus and the game was not significantly harder on the latter two runs.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Steam is running a theme page called Digital Dragons Indie Celebration.
I don't see any mention of this on the store frontpage.

There's a bunch of demos and some pretty cool looking games, like Gamedec, an isometric cyberpunk RPG.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fart of Presto posted:

There's a bunch of demos and some pretty cool looking games, like Gamedec, an isometric cyberpunk RPG.

I just watched the dev play this for a few minutes and it looks rad as hell. Lot of variation in how you can get in and out of trouble while solving cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VuFu3xGKgo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So is this supposed to do something? Because it doesn't save poo poo when I pick a location for the screenshot.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Ragequit posted:

I just watched the dev play this for a few minutes and it looks rad as hell. Lot of variation in how you can get in and out of trouble while solving cases.

This look amazing!

Alamoduh fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 16, 2020

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Fallom posted:

So is this supposed to do something? Because it doesn't save poo poo when I pick a location for the screenshot.

You're not rollin' with lovable ol' Ray? Sweet baby Ray who wouldn't harm a fly? What do you have against fine upstanding citizenship?

Nah, just kidding, Ray (and everyone else in Elex, Jax included) is kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Also: sunglasses are the best head armor because fashion is the most important thing.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 14, 2020

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I know that Lords of Wolcen has been/is a shitshow so early access arpgs have a pretty bad rap right now, but I gotta say Last Epoch seems to be doing things right. Don't be afraid to check it out.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

Its a very simple work-around to fix. If you do it right when you connect the controller you should get a notification in steam that it's loading the controller config for "USER"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

beats for junkies posted:

You're not rollin' with lovable ol' Ray? Sweet baby Ray who wouldn't harm a fly? What do you have against fine upstanding citizenship?

Nah, just kidding, Ray (and everyone else in Elex, Jax included) is kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Also: sunglasses are the best head armor because fashion is the most important thing.

I'm working on Ray, I just ended up with this weirdo first

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Can't wait to fail the opening taxi car chase 20 times again.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Alamoduh posted:

This look amazing!

Ok, I bought troubleshooters after the discussion in this thread made it seem good. And it is good, BUT it has all of the usual anime trash that make me never buy any games with an anime tag in the first place.

Overuse of “....” in every conversation? Check!
Overuse of star symbols and heart symbols in every conversation? Check!
Annoying dialogue where everyone acts like they are in middle school? Check!
Everyone is an orphan or otherwise parentless? Check!

Sexualized children! CHECK!

Anne Macy, the “teenager” you are talking about, is either 8 or 10 years old, wears an incredibly short skirt and a leather garter on one leg with a teddy bear on it. Her stat sheet lists her as 35kg. Very kawaii!

There’s another chainsaw-wielding preteen girl, but she it looks like they’re doing that “thousand year old demon, really” thing ive read about here. There are other teenage girls, and they are not sexualized as much as 8 year old Anne Macy.

Can someone please explain to me why this is even a thing? I mean, the game is pretty good mechanically, but everything the anime touches is loving trash.

Going by the profiles she's 5 years younger than Albus, who is like AT LEAST 19 due to Korean Drinking Laws. So she's at the absolute minimum 14. Not that it excuses the rest, but y'know, anime gonna anime even when it's korean. Also, excuse me, it is clearly a fox and not a teddy bear.

I don't think anyone has ever talked about Troubleshooter as anything but extremely anime XCOM at least.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Alamoduh posted:

Can someone please explain to me why this is even a thing? I mean, the game is pretty good mechanically, but everything the anime touches is loving trash.
anime is really just the visible symptoms. the cause is capitalism discovering an exceptionally rich mine of horny manchildren.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I heard people talking about that title in here, looked it up, and got about 3 seconds into the middle of the trailer before laughing and nope-ing out of there. Anime tropes have worked very hard to get where they are, listen to your gut about these things.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

anime is really just the visible symptoms. the cause is capitalism discovering an exceptionally rich mine of horny manchildren.

What came first, the symptoms or the marketing?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

I have had the same tab open for over two years, it's a picture of a cool bird and nothing you say or do can make me close it.

Awesome! posted:

you cant say this and then not post the picture of the cool bird wtf

Please grace us with two years bird!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Stokes posted:

I know that Lords of Wolcen has been/is a shitshow so early access arpgs have a pretty bad rap right now, but I gotta say Last Epoch seems to be doing things right. Don't be afraid to check it out.
Wolcen actually got worse in several ways when it came out of early access so call me when the game is actually out.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
If they post the bird it will escape the tab

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

holy poo poo i love this
He was already 36 when THPS2 came out.
Hawk was 32.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Old open tabs are like a bunch of dirty dishes piled up in the sink.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

lordfrikk posted:

Old open tabs are like a bunch of dirty dishes piled up in the sink.

From now on whenever someone asks why I have forty tabs open I will insist they’re soaking and I’ll take care of them in a bit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ragequit posted:

This does look very cool.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Troubleshooter: I haven't seen the trailer, and I'm not far enough into the game to meet the kid character, so maybe I haven't seen the worst of anything yet, but so far I haven't seen anything actually offensive. It's very anime, as everyone says - I mean literally the main character uses magic powers to fight bad guys and lives in a bar - but I don't mind that. Instead I enjoy the setting of a city constantly on the brink of anarchy, with gangs almost displacing the local cops. It's surprisingly dark despite the colorful aesthetic.

Which is to say - as that one poster said "my anime tolerance is minimum" avoid avoid avoid, this game is very anime and while there's a lot of good to it, and I love everything about the five gazillion systems shoved into the xcom format - if you can't handle the anime, it won't win you over.

Now, if you're looking for more weird "infinite systems with weird translations", have I got a game for you, with no anime in it either!

City of God I: Prison Empire.

This is Chinese side-scrolling Prison Architect and honestly just read the store page, it sells it really well. But note that the translation is really bare-bones, so you have to really commit to understanding this bizarre and highly complex game. I enjoy it as a curio, because there is nothing like it on the market - it's far more complex than Prison Architect. Far, far more complex.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That format reminds me quite a bit of Sim Tower. Shame it seems to be still 90% Chinese, because that looks kind of weird and charming.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Signs of the Soujourner just dropped, and it looks really cute -

quote:

In this narrative card game about relationships and communication, navigate conversations in a colorful world reminiscent of our own. Learn and grow through the cards you choose to play. Who will you become? What will you leave behind?

I backed the (failed) indiegogo campaign last year and never asked for my money back, figuring it still counted as a nice donation to an interesting looking indie game, and they gave me a key! I haven't played it yet because I'm not in the mood for sweet indie stories but I will in the future, and I'm looking forward to it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

From now on whenever someone asks why I have forty tabs open I will insist they’re soaking and I’ll take care of them in a bit.

Suddenly and uncomfortably aware I am better at cleaning up my tabs than my dishes.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Kibayasu posted:

Okay that makes things more interesting. I like Mafia 1 but in that Witcher 1 way where I can’t exactly call it good but I can say I enjoy it, but that’s not really enough to buy it again (again). Need to watch this though.

I liked Mafia 1 a lot and I even liked the driving :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Asked this in the free games thread because of GTAV on Epic but didn't get an answer so thought I'd ask here:

Artelier posted:

How much of a dress up simulator is GTAV? Or a car paint job simulator? Wondering if the huge install size is worth it to mess around in increasingly quirky load outs.