Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i just got the Platinum trophy for Bloodborne so i guess this quarantine hasn't been a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There was a weird, twitchy little old man on Mastermind just now, his special subject was Hitler's architect Albert Speer who he admired because "he stood up to Hitler" (he didn't). He only got 2 correct in that round and then got 1 out of 15 in the general knowledge round. Extremely sus, deffo a nazi.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I just watched a Jackie Chan's film where he demolishes an Australian business man's house with a mining dump truck , earlier he smashed an off ya tree frontage

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Jestery posted:

I just watched a Jackie Chan's film where he demolishes an Australian business man's house with a mining dump truck , earlier he smashed an off ya tree frontage

Does he ride off in a horse drawn carriage at any point? I might be walking through the background in that scene.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Bill Posters posted:

Does he ride off in a horse drawn carriage at any point? I might be walking through the background in that scene.

Yeah he did, "Mr Nice Guy"

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

That's the one then. There's very likely a 19 YO grunge dude with a green duffel bag walking through one of the shots in that scene but I've never bothered to find a HD copy to see if I can spot myself.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
This thread is pretty good.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

this is a good thread because there are no angry aggressive goons that start fights

you know the ones i'm thinking of

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Free NVJ!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

:350:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

femcastra posted:

This thread is pretty good.

I agree it's my morning read on the throne

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i went to tk maxx and bought a $3 dress that was made out of the joker's trench coat.
i'm getting some really cursed energy vibes from it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Caesar Saladin posted:

this is a good thread because there are no angry aggressive goons that start fights

you know the ones i'm thinking of

Wtf am I nothing to you

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Speer was probably also hitler's favourite nazi

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tokamak posted:

i went to tk maxx and bought a $3 dress that was made out of the joker's trench coat.
i'm getting some really cursed energy vibes from it.

Post pics

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

the bottom part is a flap. kinda like if they actually took a trench coat and sewed it shut around the waist. something told me i had to rescue this thing from its destiny with the tip.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Yikes

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I made up a batch of chai masala and gonna have it with some rooibos tea

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tokamak posted:

the bottom part is a flap. kinda like if they actually took a trench coat and sewed it shut around the waist. something told me i had to rescue this thing from its destiny with the tip.

This looks like something a Pimp would wear.

F
Nov 6, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This looks like something a Pimp would wear.

There's no She-Pimp cane to complete the ensemble though

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My brain has turned to mush. I had to check my tablet this morning to work out whether it's Friday or Saturday.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lolie posted:

My brain has turned to mush. I had to check my tablet this morning to work out whether it's Friday or Saturday.

Same thing's happening here. Without the routine of office and school, and not really going out anywhere, there's not much to mark the passage of time. It's like living in limbo except it's cold and you stare at a screen most of the time.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Had a hella good run today

Nearly cracked a 5m km

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

Same thing's happening here. Without the routine of office and school, and not really going out anywhere, there's not much to mark the passage of time. It's like living in limbo except it's cold and you stare at a screen most of the time.

Really makes you realise how mundane things provide structure to your life.

HR from my daughter's work sent an email to staff asking what they'd like to see in the transition back to "normal". Staff are hoping it's a sign that the department may finally be willing to consider staff working from home part-time when in office services to clients resume.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 14, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Most sense of routine I have atm is based around the fact that we're still on water restrictions for gardens so wed-fri--sunday I get up early and hose everything

I need to get someone in to see if there's any ground water BC even with two tanks my water bill is pretty nasty

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lolie posted:

Really makes you realise how mundane things provide structure to your life.

Yeah pretty much. I don't have the kid most of the time now so transitioning from full time office work plus looking after him to full time staying at home by myself is real weird, feel a bit like a jellyfish.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

My partner got a new job which necessitates a 5am wake up to get ready for

I've been getting up in solidarity and to make breakfast and have some time together but this leaves me with a spare hour to garden a bit and go for a run. Then get to work earlier and prep for the day

It's quite nice actually

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Most days the weather has been nice enough here to get out in the garden for a while. I'd go nuts if I couldn't even get out in the yard.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Today's day is FRIDAY

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I just sucked up a hundred daddy long legs and considering cleaning this keyboard. Lots of overgrowth on the less popular keys.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

EoinCannon posted:

There was a weird, twitchy little old man on Mastermind just now, his special subject was Hitler's architect Albert Speer who he admired because "he stood up to Hitler" (he didn't). He only got 2 correct in that round and then got 1 out of 15 in the general knowledge round. Extremely sus, deffo a nazi.

That's weird as hell because chances are all the questions would have come from Speer's book which is probably the only book the guy ever read.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Which one of you vinegaroons liked this sauce? Costco has some mighty big bottles

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

More bread chat, we've been doing sourdough every couple of days for the last few months, and its been really consistent and good.

I want to make some focaccia now. Going to try just doing the normal recipe but bunging it into a heavily oiled tin for the bulk ferment.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Kharnifex posted:

Which one of you vinegaroons liked this sauce? Costco has some mighty big bottles

gently caress yea

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

My partner got a new job which necessitates a 5am wake up to get ready for

I've been getting up in solidarity and to make breakfast and have some time together but this leaves me with a spare hour to garden a bit and go for a run. Then get to work earlier and prep for the day

It's quite nice actually

What time do you go to bed?

Same here, my wife got a job a few years back that gets us out of bed at 5am.
I've always been an early riser so it doesn't really bother me, I used the extra couple of hours for rehab exercise when I was injured and now to get freelance work done before I go to work work

I don't really want to go back to getting up at 7.
A sleep in on the weekends is 7 now

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

EoinCannon posted:

What time do you go to bed?

Same here, my wife got a job a few years back that gets us out of bed at 5am.
I've always been an early riser so it doesn't really bother me, I used the extra couple of hours for rehab exercise when I was injured and now to get freelance work done before I go to work work

I don't really want to go back to getting up at 7.
A sleep in on the weekends is 7 now

I usually try and be in bed around 9, but I can be finishing up a video , or shitposting till 10.

And my back sometimes has me up till 11

The early start has me finding sleep a little easier though for sure

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I just went to buy catfood and people truuuuly don't give half a poo poo about covid anymore, there was a pack of dumbasses at the dogpark congregated in just a big clump

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Prepare your lungs for round two, goons

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Restaurants, playgrounds, pools and so on re-opening tomorrow. I wonder if we'll see an end-of-may spike. Friend of a friend works in the ICU at one of Sydney's hospitals. There's only like 4 COVID cases there. It's serious but there's just not that much kicking around with the airports closed and the restrictions in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Theres still pockets of community transmisson happening in Sydney though and they shut a primary school yesterday due to a covid diagnosis. I had to stop at the supercheap in Penrith yesterday arvo and while the store itself was pretty quiet and people where doing the right thing the car park was super packed compared to a normal Thursday.