Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Everything Sheeva does looks brutal as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Defensive wakeup options in this game are already too strong imho. You should never be in a situation where you get a knockdown on your opponent and have to completely halt your momentum if you have even the slightest suspicion that they're going to roll, especially in the corner. I think all rolls should cost 2 bars of defensive meter. That and more normalization among KBs so that certain characters don't have to do compounding interest problems in their head to pull one off while Geras goes "hehe I pres butan."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Lol if you don't play Kollector for his command grab KB on wakeup rolls setting up a sick nasty 350+ damage combo to assert your dominance

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pretty hosed up that Robertcop shoots off his opponents hand during his Fatality since that's what Clarence Boddicker did to him before he was killed.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Pretty hosed up that Robertcop shoots off his opponents hand during his Fatality since that's what Clarence Boddicker did to him before he was killed.

drat I knew that rang a bell but also

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

Doing it to the Joker of all people is :kiss:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Now I just want Clarence Boddicker instead of RoboCop in the game. Get Kurtwood Smith's likeness rights while they're at it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Will Jokers Friendship be the same as the first half of his first fatality?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

on one hand love the stuff they did for Robocop, that victory walkway with blowing up the opponent loving owns.

on the other hand they completely hosed up how the Auto-9 is supposed to sound and idk how to forgive that

He doesn't fire it in burst mode in MK11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Pw563opc

When you hear him fire the last three shots near the end of the shooting range scene it sounds drat close to how it sounds in the trailer only in MK11 it's got bit more of a kick to it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
In Robocop 3, Robocop fights a bunch of ninja androids. They were played by Bruce Locke.

In MK Conquest, Shang Tsung is played by Bruce Locke.

I really want this to be incorporated into MK11 somehow.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Billy Gnosis posted:

Will Jokers Friendship be the same as the first half of his first fatality?
I don't think any Friendship involves the other fighter :(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jamesman posted:

In Robocop 3, Robocop fights a bunch of ninja androids. They were played by Bruce Locke.

In MK Conquest, Shang Tsung is played by Bruce Locke.

I really want this to be incorporated into MK11 somehow.

Joker: You know who I hate? Michael Keaton.

RoboCop: ...I'd rather not talk about it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jamesman posted:

Robocop 3

:confused:

Robocop 3? There’s only two robocops.

There’s only. Two. Robocops.

I am insanely hyped for this expansion, though, holy poo poo. First thing I’m gonna do is take Sheeva through a tower to see how much of a pain in the rear end Kronika is against a grapple heavy character. Kronika isn’t a great tower boss because she just straight up no-sells a lot of characters moves but I’m guessing it’s gonna really suck with Sheeva.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

joker's friendship should be the stair dance meme

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

:confused:

Robocop 3? There’s only two robocops.

There’s only. Two. Robocops.

Robocop 3 is the best one though?

Robo-ninjas, jetpacks, Rip Torn. It's all pretty wonderful.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How furious do you think that one guy who got really hurt by Jax's ending and Sheeva's design is right now over the fact she is now/will soon be a playable character

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jamesman posted:

Robocop 3 is the best one though?

Robo-ninjas, jetpacks, Rip Torn. It's all pretty wonderful.

Woah, it has Robert John Burke as robocop? I may have to watch it again for the first time in like fifteen years. A lot of my dislike is because they did poo poo like hacksaw the suit against the owner’s wishes and poo poo like that.

Oh, the robocop remake was pretty good too. I’m definitely in the minority on that opinion.

Man, I have not been this excited for DLC before. I’m looking forwards to this to the same extent I was the original game.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Woah, it has Robert John Burke as robocop? I may have to watch it again for the first time in like fifteen years. A lot of my dislike is because they did poo poo like hacksaw the suit against the owner’s wishes and poo poo like that.

Oh, the robocop remake was pretty good too. I’m definitely in the minority on that opinion.

Man, I have not been this excited for DLC before. I’m looking forwards to this to the same extent I was the original game.

I thought the Robocop remake had one really good scene and then the rest was just eh

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

They got Peter Weller to voice Robocop and he does the dickshot? Amazing. I also love that we've gone from revisiting Alien vs. Predator to Robocop vs. Terminator.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Still no Ash vs The Evil Dead drat it!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Given Quan Chi and Shinnok are kinda perma-dead, wouldn't that be hard at this point?

Can't have Evil Dead without some necromancer to shoot.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Bloodly posted:

Given Quan Chi and Shinnok are kinda perma-dead, wouldn't that be hard at this point?

Quan Chi's MKX ending had the Elder Gods resurrect and mindwipe him as an agent sent to kill Raiden, which is something they could easily make canon considering MK11's plot. Kind of makes him the anti-Scorpion.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

NRS basically gave themselves free reign to bring back as many characters from the dead as they want, whenever they want (except for Mileena, may she remain dead and buried forever).

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1260778864323596288

MK11's going to be one of the 4 EVO online tournaments this year, along with KI, Skullgirls, and Them's Fightin' Herds.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

How furious do you think that one guy who got really hurt by Jax's ending and Sheeva's design is right now over the fact she is now/will soon be a playable character

All you gotta do it check out their website for the answer.

Spoilers: They lean really hard into transphobia.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Technowolf posted:

https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1260778864323596288

MK11's going to be one of the 4 EVO online tournaments this year, along with KI, Skullgirls, and Them's Fightin' Herds.

All have really good netcode apparently so that makes sense.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2GlEdebZmI

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The new Pit fatality on the Terminator is lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/NiteKrow/status/1261411207099146240

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z996rQi8NCBWitRL9

How does it feel to be read like a book Mr. Scorpion :smugdog:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Fujin gear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGIiBgVu9ho

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

EorayMel posted:

I am not surprised that someone stupid enough to be hurt by Jax's ending also has poo poo enough taste that they dislike the new Sheeva design.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Jamesman posted:

All you gotta do it check out their website for the answer.

Spoilers: They lean really hard into transphobia.

oh god he has a website?!?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Saw footage of one of RoboCop's winposes on Facebook.

He looks to the camera and says, "Crime does not pay," as it zooms out to show that this is news footage/propaganda. There's a scrolling chyron that looks like it's going to be filled with Easter eggs, such as the announcement that Johnny Cage has a new streaming series.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ok ya, it's official. NRS screwed up the sound of the Auto-9.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Fujin Brutality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbSeXYPuDkE

Robocop Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber-Sub-Zero, and Cyber-Rain skins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKPOcsyWvwo

Robocop Gear Customizations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jqf7qF6lWM

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Robocop is gonna be so goddamn awesome and on top of that we get a story mode featuring movie Shang tsung hnnnng

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TIP EHT FO MOTTOB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008