Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Dave posted:

Let’s check in on the cheeseheads hours after their stay at home mandate was struck down by their Supreme Court.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/wisconsinites-flock-to-bars-after-supreme-court-overturns-stay-at-home-order-83445317632

Oh yeah the season is 100% starting on time and with fans.

Only if we're numb to stacking these loving children and their families/nearby service workers like cordwood by then.

Which is a distinct possibility! This loving country, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't expect it, and I'm not taking it for granted, but thanks for the other States for making Ohio not seem the dumbest this time.

I don't know if we're ever going to beat Georgia's governor claiming he didn't know that you could be a Carrier without having symptoms, But Wisconsin and Iowa are giving it an old college try.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And the thing is the dumb states will end up peer pressuring the other states into opening early than they want to. I'm in Southeast PA and I'm friends with several local business owners and they're all at that point where they are starting to skirt around the shut down and doing 'private appointments' or at home visits (most hair and gym owners).

Trump is visiting Allentown PA today which is just going to add barrels and barrels of fuel to the battle.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My parents used the line "they're just using this to make trump look bad" last weekend. Like how could anybody possibly think that he needs the help?

I think Folks are just so used to being able to be aggressively stupid long enough that it functionally changes the reality around them and now they're trying to do it with goddamn biology.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Only if we're numb to stacking these loving children and their families/nearby service workers like cordwood by then.

Which is a distinct possibility! This loving country, man.

Stephen King posted:

"It's going to be like burying cordwood," Roger Goodell told them. "If you can keep it on that level in your mind, you'll be ok. Some of you may have to vomit here at the start. There's no shame in that; just try to go someplace where the other owners won't have to look at you do it. Once you've puked, you'll find it easier to think that way: cordwood. Nothing but cordwood."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really need to read the dark tower series and the associated books again. I could really see myself benching through Salem's lot the Stand and those 7 books. I do kind of wish we could know what the end of that series would look like if Stephen King hadn't gotten hit by a van though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Eifert Posting posted:

I really need to read the dark tower series and the associated books again. I could really see myself benching through Salem's lot the Stand and those 7 books. I do kind of wish we could know what the end of that series would look like if Stephen King hadn't gotten hit by a van though.

If he didn’t get hit by that van the series would probably still be unfinished. Which depending on who you asked would maybe have been better off.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

When arguably the greatest RB of all time says your unis are soft then your unis are soft

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Growing up in Northern Maine was wild when reading Stephen King books & recognizing local landmarks in his books, like the S.W. Collins building in Caribou was near my dad's old office.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

e: Baltimore really got screwed on penalties this game. Other than a few jukes Lamar was actually bad this game though, I haven't watched every Ravens game from last year but a bunch of his positive throws in this particular game are just throwing up ducks that his receivers play better than the DBs. In before AFC North thread libel of Jackson because I note this about a guy who was generally awesome.

This was the most frustrating thing all season, Jackson tossing the ball to a ghostly apparition of Jesus and somehow a receiver still comes down with it. Twice.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He also crippled Alex Okafor and juked Tyrann out of his cleats in that game. Both Lamar/Mahomes games had plenty of great highlights for both players

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Strobe posted:

This was the most frustrating thing all season, Jackson tossing the ball to a ghostly apparition of Jesus and somehow a receiver still comes down with it. Twice.

That is a hell of a thing for a Chiefs fan to complain about.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

N:

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-buck-fox-planning-to-pump-in-crowd-noise-digitize-fans-for-nfl-broadcasts-010459595.html

quote:

With talk of a return to sports ramping up, fans are wondering what games without fans will look like on TV.

Fox play-by-play announcer Joe Buck provided a glimpse on Wednesday.

Speaking with Sirius XM’s Andy Cohen, Buck said that plans are already in place for the network’s anticipated NFL broadcasts. Fox is planning to do its best to simulate a normal atmosphere by pumping in crowd noise and placing digital fans in the stands of empty NFL stadiums.

V:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Thank you, Midwest, for making Louisiana not dead last in something.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That is a hell of a thing for a Chiefs fan to complain about.

Not talking specifically about goon ones, but for some reason Chiefs fans in the internet seem petty as gently caress about Lamar and the Ravens, which is weird considering they have just won a goddamn Super Bowl for the first time in 50 years and have an all-time QB for the next 15

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's the only threat now that Watson has been neutered

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Stylez posted:

Not talking specifically about goon ones, but for some reason Chiefs fans in the internet seem petty as gently caress about Lamar and the Ravens, which is weird considering they have just won a goddamn Super Bowl for the first time in 50 years and have an all-time QB for the next 15

They're probly bitter their guy didn't win the MVP even though he missed several games.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
but...but Myles is such a dirty player!

https://twitter.com/_PeteSmith_/status/1260975284628619266?s=20

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Myles is a dirty player lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Porque nos los dos?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I'm just going to further enjoy Stealer fan pearl clutching over Myles after Tomlin is exposed by his own players for paying bounties lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ok I'm either being super thick here or is he implying that Tomlin was running a bounty programme?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Chiefs fans are super annoying these days not gonna lie. I am playing my part

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

Ok I'm either being super thick here or is he implying that Tomlin was running a bounty programme?

I don't think he was asking Deebo to mail a letter for him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

"These days"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they never released the tape of mason rudolph saying the n word did they?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
TOO
HIP
HOP

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

hifi posted:

they never released the tape of mason rudolph saying the n word did they?

They totally didn't have audio of them fighting. We'll never know

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

We all knew it was going to come. Becoming a hated fanbase is something you want to achieve.

Like some day the world will root for the Cardinals until they win a SB and then their Scottsdale fanbase will be suddenly intolerable. At least the Chiefs fans are a football-educated bunch of camaroheads.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kiimo posted:

At least the Chiefs fans are a football-educated bunch of camaroheads.

Lmao no

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Goes down smooth.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They totally didn't have audio of them fighting. We'll never know

Probably bc Myles Garrett lied to save face after acting like a bitch

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kiimo posted:

We all knew it was going to come. Becoming a hated fanbase is something you want to achieve.

Like some day the world will root for the Cardinals until they win a SB and then their Scottsdale fanbase will be suddenly intolerable. At least the Chiefs fans are a football-educated bunch of camaroheads.

IF the people in scottsdale don't ask you what end you throw the football with or how many periods there are in a game then they're fans of another team anyways

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1261003067811598336

lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

D-LINK posted:

Probably bc Myles Garrett lied to save face after acting like a bitch

noted not bitch Mason Rudolph lol

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
yes let’s have this fight again

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Do you have anything else going on cavy? Let them fight

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Do you have anything else going on cavy? Let them fight

the cincinnati bengals are going on and I’m very excited about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

a patagonian cavy posted:

yes let’s have this fight again

You're right I wanna talk more about the classy stealers paying bounties

Bengals will rule the north