Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Patch is worth it just for that Adv Training wish :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

Patch is worth it just for that Adv Training wish :woop:

is it too soon to post coffin dance

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Another thing I was playing for a bit and about to give up on for a while: https://patcailmemer.github.io/Ordinal-Markup/

Fairly interesting, has some neat progression stuff.

Couple guides for builds/etc:
https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/HQduzhn5imfuw87tPCjpfDFL2beVtZg5XrIhk87VgLo/

https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/view/E63VdnC9gPbNOlp-1U5b3l7pLE8wsfe7tJfI6Na8pCA

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Just wandered right into another useful glitch in Tour of Heroes. Once you get a Zone Improvement Token, you can use a seemingly infinite number of them until you reincarnate. It just keeps counting down so you have a negative quantity of them, but the prompt to use one never goes away.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Falcon2001 posted:

Another thing I was playing for a bit and about to give up on for a while: https://patcailmemer.github.io/Ordinal-Markup/

https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/HQduzhn5imfuw87tPCjpfDFL2beVtZg5XrIhk87VgLo/

https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/view/E63VdnC9gPbNOlp-1U5b3l7pLE8wsfe7tJfI6Na8pCA

Been into this too but kinda been hitting a wall on progress in the area after the second guide ends. Getting the post collapse upgrades is incredibly blah. I think probably I made a mistake by not just shoveling a whole bunch of points into N1 instead of trying to get set up to buy the first Aleph upgrade, but it sucks to have to redo the challenges.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
confirmed that the two updated guffs are for-sure cosmetic-only?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Falcon2001 posted:

I cheated through that by reducing the factor cost growth, otherwise apparently the dev thinks it's fun to complete a challenge in 2 hours which allows you to beat the next prestige in 20 hours instead of 40.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
5 hours questions: what does putting devs in Patience actually do? It makes the Patience Meter go up quicker, yes, but when I take the devs out the meter is still going up at an increased rate. Is it bugged and not registering that I took them out?

Also, after an enlightened reset, devs put into anything will not increase the time. Is that just because of the loss in the boost causing things to slow to a stop or is there a real time amount I need to wait until things work again?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

edgeman83 posted:

5 hours questions: what does putting devs in Patience actually do? It makes the Patience Meter go up quicker, yes, but when I take the devs out the meter is still going up at an increased rate. Is it bugged and not registering that I took them out?

Also, after an enlightened reset, devs put into anything will not increase the time. Is that just because of the loss in the boost causing things to slow to a stop or is there a real time amount I need to wait until things work again?

It reduces the time it takes to max the patience meter. So if you put enough devs into it to reduce the time to, say, 10 minutes, it will take 10 minutes to max out even if you take the devs away.
Your production suffers after an enlightenment precisely because you're taking the 1.5x or higher patience boost away. The patience bonus is more powerful than it looks so you won't be seeing any gains until you get back to a full patience meter again. Always keep that in mind when enlightening, it will take twice the amount of time (cause your time to max patience doubles) to get back to producing.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

edgeman83 posted:

It’s called patience because you gotta wait for the bar to refill and the boost number to go back up to where it was (and higher).

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
Ah, I see! I think the 1.5x boost actually being like 1000x or something threw me off. I also didn't realize the "time to max" meant a literal time to wait.

And yeah, the name of the thing really should have given it away.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

edgeman83 posted:

Ah, I see! I think the 1.5x boost actually being like 1000x or something threw me off. I also didn't realize the "time to max" meant a literal time to wait.

And yeah, the name of the thing really should have given it away.

I think it's such a huge bonus because it also applies to refactoring. Similarly to how after a while you can take meta-refactoring at 30 minutes dev time and the next run will easily get you to 2+ hours.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So I've been playing Endless Dream 2 for a bit now, and it's honestly really fun.

It's in pretty early beta as far as I can tell, but it's an RPG idler where you program your parties moves a la FFXII. I've been having a great time just coming up with the commands for my party to follow.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Arzaac posted:

So I've been playing Endless Dream 2 for a bit now, and it's honestly really fun.

It's in pretty early beta as far as I can tell, but it's an RPG idler where you program your parties moves a la FFXII. I've been having a great time just coming up with the commands for my party to follow.

If I could get them to focus their attacks on one enemy that would be great. Or does that command come eventually?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

There isn't a command that just forces everyone to attack the same enemy, but if everyone has a statement like "Enemy <100% HP OR Enemy is Alive", then they'll attack enemies that have already taken damage and only attack enemies at 100% health when there aren't any damaged enemies.

Once you buy some more commands, you can get it to the point where your characters will attack 30% HP enemies before they attack 50% HP enemies, which goes a long way towards focusing down targets.

Alternatively, you could mark a target with a debuff and have all your characters focus on targets with that debuff. Both Archer and Rogue have skills for that.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Arzaac posted:

Pretty neat but obviously super early beta, with every class being unlocked by default and all the passives at level 30.

EDIT: looks like that was actually just a bug with my save, gonna restart rofl.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 15, 2020

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Just in case you don't know, you can't have two of the same item in NGU daycare. Doesn't work.

(I still felt clever right up until I tried it.)

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
this whole smart/sexy thing just intensifies my desire for a cooking macguffin

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just got up to about boss 150 on NGU normal mode. i have beards of power and am starting to make forays into the beardverse in adventure mode (and getting wrecked)

do i just, like, churn through placeholder bosses now until i reach 300 so that i can start playing on evil? am i missing something?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You're at the point where you need to push adventure zones. Keep doing 24 hour rebirths to stack up permanent levels of BEARd, get the bank perks to give your advanced training a boost, get your NGUs and Yggdrasil going nice and good. Clean out some more normal challenges if you've been getting behind on those.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Okay, I must be missing something weird here because when you're getting Boosts in that Ordinal Markup game, that part goes way faster when its offline. Like, it said I'd need to wait for ~2 hours to get a single set of boosts, so I turned it off for a bit. Come back and in less than that time it completed a bulk set of 3 (5/6/7 for a total of 18 boosts) giving me a ton more than I was expecting to get in significantly less time. :psyduck:

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

just got up to about boss 150 on NGU normal mode. i have beards of power and am starting to make forays into the beardverse in adventure mode (and getting wrecked)

do i just, like, churn through placeholder bosses now until i reach 300 so that i can start playing on evil? am i missing something?

Yeah, the focus shifts to adventure mode here, progress through the regular bosses is just incidental. It’s kind of a bummer that there’s no more story in normal but 151-300 does go faster than it seems like it will

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, i've just unlocked hacks. They seem quite straightforward but is there any initial approach i should take with them and my new resource?

Like should i be pretty much dumping all of my exp into there now or is there an optimum ratio vs power/magic?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kin posted:

So, i've just unlocked hacks. They seem quite straightforward but is there any initial approach i should take with them and my new resource?

Like should i be pretty much dumping all of my exp into there now or is there an optimum ratio vs power/magic?

em is still good until you bb a lot but currently I'm at 4x cost on r3 compared to e

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

dont invest a ton into r3 just yet, until max evidence to get a big boost to it starting

the good ratio for r3 is like 4:130k:1 power:cap:bars

do r3 speed if you can really afford it past 5

later in evil the good ratio for E:R3 is about 300k:1.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Kin posted:

The meta strat is to not buy R3 until the next unlock. In part because it's so loving expensive, and also because people get a dedicated R3 loadout, buy respective potions and do an all out hack day every couple of weeks - and you are not close to this loadout yet.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pokie posted:

If I were you I would work on NGU DC and spend time in ITOPOD instead of BDW when your drop rate is this bad.
Coming back to this after my work week: Yeah, I got NGU DC up to 3000 and will go for more, and spent my 4 days in the Tower. Now I'm grinding the drop chance MacGuffin fragment in Beardverse for a day or two while I do my 24 hour resets for max beard growth (and focusing on Neckbeard for more drop chance)

Drop chance is still poo poo :(

edit: BDW is the first time I had trouble with drop chance because I was neglecting it. No more.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 17, 2020

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Wishlist for The End of NGU:

- Everything hardcapped. No number can, in fact, go up. I'm not sure how far to go with this, since banks would have to hit 100%, there'd have to be a blood bank, and a wish to not consume blood when casting a spell (which honestly would be a pretty cool abiliity in general at low %s)

- Macguffin macguffin and Cooking macguffin.

- All the final equipment should be the same color. All of them, even the cube and all accessory slots. I don't know if insanely powerful items (that do nothing useful, since everything's capped) or an entirely cosmetic Designer Lounge-wear set (that does nothing at all) would be better.

- A completely pointless bonus for a complete item list.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Francis posted:

Wishlist for The End of NGU:

- Everything hardcapped. No number can, in fact, go up. I'm not sure how far to go with this, since banks would have to hit 100%, there'd have to be a blood bank, and a wish to not consume blood when casting a spell (which honestly would be a pretty cool abiliity in general at low %s)

- Macguffin macguffin and Cooking macguffin.

- All the final equipment should be the same color. All of them, even the cube and all accessory slots. I don't know if insanely powerful items (that do nothing useful, since everything's capped) or an entirely cosmetic Designer Lounge-wear set (that does nothing at all) would be better.

- A completely pointless bonus for a complete item list.

Plus an extra unlock in the next game as a bonus for completing NGU Idle. Just a silly hat or something for bragging rights.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is there any way to generate boosts faster in NGU? I've got a mix of Walderp and Badly-Drawn World gear with huge room for boosting and the best I seem to be able to manage is to grind on the Megaverse with a huge pile of +Drop Chance, but it still feels agonizingly slow and like I'm spending much more time grinding out boosts than I am getting more gear. Am I just being impatient?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
ITOPOD is usually the place to be for boosts.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

CannonFodder posted:

Coming back to this after my work week: Yeah, I got NGU DC up to 3000 and will go for more, and spent my 4 days in the Tower. Now I'm grinding the drop chance MacGuffin fragment in Beardverse for a day or two while I do my 24 hour resets for max beard growth (and focusing on Neckbeard for more drop chance)

Drop chance is still poo poo :(

edit: BDW is the first time I had trouble with drop chance because I was neglecting it. No more.

I might not be the most efficient, but following the advice from here, I basically ignored mcguffins and haven't noticed any impact on drop rate.

Blood, diggers, NGU and beards are what will boost your drop rate. Though it might take a week or so.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Jabor posted:

ITOPOD is usually the place to be for boosts.

Unless there's something I'm missing, this is very not the case- I pull in a huge pile of boosts at The Megalands while the ITOPOD at optimal floor produces a tiny trickle.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
synergism progress really goes off a cliff after coins e750 and diamonds e400, huh?

maybe i need to transcend more often for minor gains in mythos?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

Unless there's something I'm missing, this is very not the case- I pull in a huge pile of boosts at The Megalands while the ITOPOD at optimal floor produces a tiny trickle.

ITOPOD becomes primary grind place after you can reliably one-shot floor 350+

also that seems wrong or lucky RNG for you, ITOPOD drops at a flat 14% rate no matter what, and Mega Lands caps at 15% for boosts for normal enemies and 0% for bossses (so a 12% effective rate)

did you upgrade the boosted boosts perks/maxx level the boosts you have?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

ITOPOD becomes primary grind place after you can reliably one-shot floor 350+

also that seems wrong or lucky RNG for you, ITOPOD drops at a flat 14% rate no matter what, and Mega Lands caps at 15% for boosts for normal enemies and 0% for bossses (so a 12% effective rate)

did you upgrade the boosted boosts perks/maxx level the boosts you have?

I've got ~21K% +drop chance so if that doesn't apply to the ITOPOD that's probably why.

I've got the first Boosts perk up to ~65%, I've got boost recycling maxxed, and I've maxxed all the boosts through 100, so a 100 boost is worth 234 on its own or 441 total. Meanwhile I've got in the neighborhood of a million or so total Special boosts needed to green the gear I've got, and my Badly-Drawn gear is only level 20-30.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

kcer posted:

synergism progress really goes off a cliff after coins e750 and diamonds e400, huh?

maybe i need to transcend more often for minor gains in mythos?

Yep, you're chipping away at your mythos shard generators for a while so you can do more challenges and then eventually unlock Reincarnation + Researches (get the 1 pointers then save 5 for the "get 1 every 60 seconds that's hiding over to the right")

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

I've got ~21K% +drop chance so if that doesn't apply to the ITOPOD that's probably why.

I've got the first Boosts perk up to ~65%, I've got boost recycling maxxed, and I've maxxed all the boosts through 100, so a 100 boost is worth 234 on its own or 441 total. Meanwhile I've got in the neighborhood of a million or so total Special boosts needed to green the gear I've got, and my Badly-Drawn gear is only level 20-30.

you should probably max out boosts since the full 150% bonus is really good

I did remember that someone made a tool for normal on best places to farm up or boosts based on your current stats so

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UyOPvZ_Gen02xfJZuPGnOQNVETxoQXlYJ9ObHmmDWRI/edit?usp=drivesdk

end of normal/evil/sadistic best place to farm is strictly ITOPOD for various reasons

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sage Grimm posted:

Yep, you're chipping away at your mythos shard generators for a while so you can do more challenges and then eventually unlock Reincarnation

About how many challenge completions are needed to push into Reincarnation? I'm at like e110 Mythos/e258 shards and it feels like making any more progress is a serious drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

you should probably max out boosts since the full 150% bonus is really good

I did remember that someone made a tool for normal on best places to farm up or boosts based on your current stats so

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UyOPvZ_Gen02xfJZuPGnOQNVETxoQXlYJ9ObHmmDWRI/edit?usp=drivesdk

end of normal/evil/sadistic best place to farm is strictly ITOPOD for various reasons

Oh yeah, I maxx every boost as soon as I'm comfortable- I've got everything through 100 maxxed, and protected stacks of Power/Toughness 200 sitting around waiting for more that I don't need.