Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

don't worry, rank-and-file Democrats have convinced themselves that one-on-one voter outreach is actually bad because Bernie only came in second place so it's actually fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
After the convention should I make a general election thread or just convert this one

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

https://apnews.com/e0d39d6a7dcc6027de9d8c6c7922077c
WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly eight years after he was last on the ballot, Barack Obama is emerging as a central figure in the 2020 presidential election.

Democrats are eagerly embracing Obama as a political wingman for Joe Biden, who spent two terms by his side as vice president. Obama remains the party’s most popular figure, particularly with black voters and younger Democrats, and Biden’s presidential campaign is planning for him to have a highly visible role in the months to come.

Lol biden's campaign sucks so hard they have to get the previous president in to make him look good. Jfc

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

After the convention should I make a general election thread or just convert this one

A new one should be fine I think.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jewel Repetition posted:

This was a news and views thread.

The general election thread will be a lol thread.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Lil Peeler posted:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly eight years after he was last on the ballot, Barack Obama is emerging as a central figure in the 2020 presidential election.

Democrats are eagerly embracing Obama as a political wingman for Joe Biden, who spent two terms by his side as vice president. Obama remains the party’s most popular figure, particularly with black voters and younger Democrats, and Biden’s presidential campaign is planning for him to have a highly visible role in the months to come.

Lol biden's campaign sucks so hard they have to get the previous president in to make him look good. Jfc

Obama has his work cut out for him. Too bad he's ruining anything left of his legacy when this blows up in his face.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Now joe gets to find out how helpful obama really is.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Jewel Repetition posted:

The later except do it with the Jeb thread

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I thought Obamagate was dumb even for Trump but once again his animal political instincts prove us all suckers

Instead of a referendum on Trump this election is now a referendum on Obama

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

btw I report something will the mods know that it’s me who did it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PawParole posted:

Yep.

Snitches get stitches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

General election thread, this one had a good lengthy run

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Jewel Repetition posted:

the answer is obvious : merge this into the no joe thread

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
the answer is obvious: phonebank for jess scarane

who can help? we need all the help we can get! we're doing things for people! this is real stuff!

https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

helllllp

(also post in the jess cspam thread if you haven't already to donate a dollar to jess)

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Feldegast42 posted:

I thought Obamagate was dumb even for Trump but once again his animal political instincts prove us all suckers

America is not CSPAM, making this election a referendum on Obama would absolutely be a bad thing for Republicans.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wasn't a huge part of Hillary's campaign the promise that it'd be a 3rd term of Obama

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0KNku34G2Y

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Wasn't a huge part of Hillary's campaign the promise that it'd be a 3rd term of Obama

Yes, and the Trump campaign smartly focused their fire on Hillary being garbage. If they're looking at focusing on attacking Joe Biden or Barack Obama, and they choose Obama, they're making a mistake.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TRUMP

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Yes, and the Trump campaign smartly focused their fire on Hillary being garbage. If they're looking at focusing on attacking Joe Biden or Barack Obama, and they choose Obama, they're making a mistake.

so Obama staking his reputation to Hillary couldn't save her, but it will Biden?

I mean what has the response to Trump making it a referendum on Obama from the Dems, a one word text? Just sitting back and assuming the Obama legacy is gonna carry the day seems doomed to fail when it's being executed by a party that has yet to do anything about the Obama to Trump voters that delivered him the Dem firewall

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

One thread for each state

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

so Obama staking his reputation to Hillary couldn't save her, but it will Biden?

I mean what has the response to Trump making it a referendum on Obama from the Dems, a one word text? Just sitting back and assuming the Obama legacy is gonna carry the day seems doomed to fail when it's being executed by a party that has yet to do anything about the Obama to Trump voters that delivered him the Dem firewall

I never said Obama is gonna save Joe Biden, I'm saying running your campaign against "functional brained non-rapist" Barack Obama instead of focusing on "ancient mushbrained rapist" Joe Biden would be an error, and anyone who doesn't realize that needs a reality check re: the general public's fairly positive view of Obama.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I never said Obama is gonna save Joe Biden, I'm saying running your campaign against "functional brained non-rapist" Barack Obama instead of focusing on "ancient mushbrained rapist" Joe Biden would be an error, and anyone who doesn't realize that needs a reality check re: the general public's fairly positive view of Obama.

Trump's not worried about the public, he's worried about his base, because he's better at politics than the Dems

between the astroturfed lockdown protests and going hard on Obama as well as Biden, they're gonna be fired the gently caress up to vote for him, and this is all coming AFTER he got better turnout in a bunch of states uncontested than the Dems did in an actual primary

Dems clearly are content to have just beaten Sanders and are phoning it in, jesus am I glad that I'm done with them and my sanity is no longer tied to this gaggle of donor glad-handing sociopaths

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

jeb! thread!?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Turnout is not a problem for the R's. Since 04 theres only been a 3M vote shift between their highest turnout for president, (Trump, beating out Bush by about half a million) and their lowest (McCain). Dems have a 10M vote gap between Obama and Kerry. If you're an R strategist, you want the clearly more finicky Dem voters thinking of drooly rapey corn pop listen fat Joe Biden as much as possible for the next 6 months.

The R's are showing up for those primaries because the Rs always show, for every election, because they are hateful old fucks with nothing to do.

I don't really think the dems are throwing the election so much as they know that making people look at/hear from/think about their candidate will only harm their chances, so they see laying low as the only option. They're shitfuckers who would rather lose with Biden than win with Bernie, but they would prefer to win with Biden than lose with Biden. Winning campaigns look better on the consultancy resume. "We dragged Joe Biden across the finish line, think what we can do for you!"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Lil Peeler posted:

Remember how the Kerry campaign kept bringing out rapist Bill?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PawParole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZMD_eCpEo

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

what in the gently caress

https://twitter.com/MollyNagle3/status/1261119784424529924

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm trying to think of all the internal party discussion that led to him choosing that communication strategy about this. It must have been pretty hosed up.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

alright, I won't then

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

joe still telling people not to vote for him, earth is round

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

a primate posted:

joe still telling people not to vote for him, earth is round

In his moments of lucidity he tries his best to push us away

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I almost feel bad for biden. his puppeteers are going to punish him severely for being honest.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

lol that reminds me Jeb! will probably be running in 2024

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

isnt obama way more popular than trump? this does not seem like a good idea

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

In his moments of lucidity he tries his best to push us away

i hoenstly think this might be a cry for help. jesus christ we are in for one hell of a general election

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

(they're going to run Hillary)

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

like honestly, "if you believe her , dont vote for me" might be the worst response to sexual allegations in political history. what the gently caress

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

babypolis posted:

like honestly, "if you believe her , dont vote for me" might be the worst response to sexual allegations in political history. what the gently caress

I've been meaning to ask for half a decade, is your name pronounced bay-BAH-puh-liss, or BAY-bee-POH-liss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://mobile.twitter.com/Becca2400/status/1261263808384905223