Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Mr Beens posted:

I thought bland british guy was a "reporter". Why is he freely wandering around Obsidion North accessing personell files and getting shouted at by the CEO for not buying into the company line?

The CEO of Obsidian North is also the CEO of Katco Worldwide Media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

The CEO of Obsidian North is also the CEO of Katco Worldwide Media.

Lena sold Catco to Evil Clickbait Boss Lady at the start of the season as part of her downward spiral of “gently caress Kara Danvers” bad decisions which she thankfully seems to be over now. Evil Clickbait Boss Lady then brought in William to Kara’s new rival/lover but he’s so far just been a human dial tone in his contributions to the show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

Lena sold Catco to Evil Clickbait Boss Lady at the start of the season as part of her downward spiral of “gently caress Kara Danvers” bad decisions which she thankfully seems to be over now. Evil Clickbait Boss Lady then brought in William to Kara’s new rival/lover but he’s so far just been a human dial tone in his contributions to the show.

Every new romantic interest is lackluster because they have to compete against her true love: food.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bruceski posted:

Every new romantic interest is lackluster because they have to compete against her true love: food.

It's still funny that for my money the most chemistry Kara has had thus far was with Wally.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
...Barry, yes?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's true, if I name a Green Lantern I might also call them Kyle without thinking.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Is it just me or does William have a freakish resemblance to a young Dean Cain?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think he looks like a slightly bigger Agent Liberty.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I think he looks like a slightly bigger Agent Liberty.

Which is weird because when they announced Sam Witwer was playing Agent Liberty, I thought for sure it was going to be a backdoor to reveal he was actually Lex Luthor, because he could pull off Lex both visually and acting-wise. So when Jon Cryer was announced as Lex I was like “what the gently caress? Sam Witwer is RIGHT THERE!” but holy poo poo was I proven wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW announced their next season line up and it doesn't start until January with Supergirl taking on a mid season role so it looks like they're pretty much going to side step the entire pregnancy.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

CW announced their next season line up and it doesn't start until January with Supergirl taking on a mid season role so it looks like they're pretty much going to side step the entire pregnancy.

And mid-season in this case probably means it's almost a full year away.

nmx
May 16, 2004

Finally Lena realizes she's made a huge mistake!

Did I misremember something or did they retcon what happened to Lena after Crisis? The way I remembered it was that Earth-Prime Lena had no memory of Earth-38, and Kara was debating telling her about their history, but then it turned out Lex had already filled her in. But in Deus Lex Machina it was clear that she woke up in Lex's mansion with her "original" memories and Lex had to fill her in on the fact that the world had changed.

I'm probably wrong, it's hard to keep things straight after the gap in the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nmx posted:

Deus Lex Machina

Somebody give that writer a goddamned Emmy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nmx posted:

Finally Lena realizes she's made a huge mistake!

Did I misremember something or did they retcon what happened to Lena after Crisis? The way I remembered it was that Earth-Prime Lena had no memory of Earth-38, and Kara was debating telling her about their history, but then it turned out Lex had already filled her in. But in Deus Lex Machina it was clear that she woke up in Lex's mansion with her "original" memories and Lex had to fill her in on the fact that the world had changed.

I'm probably wrong, it's hard to keep things straight after the gap in the season.

You're misremembering, in the first'ish episode post-Crisis, Lex told Lena he deliberately made sure she would remember how the world used to be when the Paragons were reconstructing reality.

nmx
May 16, 2004

howe_sam posted:

You're misremembering, in the first'ish episode post-Crisis, Lex told Lena he deliberately made sure she would remember how the world used to be when the Paragons were reconstructing reality.

Aha! That makes sense. My memory was a bit muddled - I guess Kara had assumed she wouldn't remember, because without Lex's intervention she wouldn't have.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That's....a really dumb looking outfit Alex.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Well, guess we'll find out about this in maybe a year?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well, guess we'll find out about this in maybe a year?

I assume Gaemenae was planned to be the big final fight at the end of the season but that got cut.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

As a sudden finale, I'm surprised it was as coherent. It honestly worked out well.

Lex you beautiful bastard.

howe_sam posted:

It looked really dumb with the hood.

Xelkelvos posted:

I assume Gaemenae was planned to be the big final fight at the end of the season but that got cut.

Her freaky techo-form was good. I hope she's around a bit next season.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

howe_sam posted:

I like how her big revelation was that maybe she should start wearing a mask to protect her identity, and in response she gets a new outfit where the only face coverings are "a bit more eye shadow and sometimes a loose hood."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm wondering if Lex will show up on the Lois and Clark show too or who the main villain in that show will be.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

I like how her big revelation was that maybe she should start wearing a mask to protect her identity, and in response she gets a new outfit where the only face coverings are "a bit more eye shadow and sometimes a loose hood."

It's somehow worse than Oliver's disguise in the first season of Arrow.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm wondering if Lex will show up on the Lois and Clark show too or who the main villain in that show will be.

Well they already squandered Leviathan which was the last event org that Lois and Clark ended up tangling with. With Metropolis, I assume it's Intergang. They could also bring back some Supergirl characters/enemies like Morgan Edge or Snapper Carr. Maybe reintroduce Zod. For ones not seen yet, maybe The Prankster or Ultra-Humanite or The Eradicator.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Superman has a ton of lovely villains they can mine for the new show.

Or they can just Smallville it up and do lovely monster of the week stuff.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Peter Facinelli makes a surprise return as Maxwell Lord. But seriously, they already announced the season villain is somebody called The Stranger.

I want to know who was pulling the strings on Leviathan.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Peter Facinelli makes a surprise return as Maxwell Lord. But seriously, they already announced the season villain is somebody called The Stranger.

[pounds knife and fork on table] Darkseid! Darkseid! DARKSEID!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think that worked pretty well overall for a cobbled together finale. A bit weird leaving Snake Brainy in the microwave corridor, but maybe he and Gaemenae can have a slugfest on top of a submarine next season.

howe_sam posted:

It's somehow worse than Oliver's disguise in the first season of Arrow.

The minute I saw that fuckload of eye shadow I was like oh poo poo, she's become someone else, she's become something else. I guess next season we can follow the formula, have Barry guest star and recommend Alex wear a mask.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Stranger? Like The Phantom Stranger? If so, that makes it seem like it's gonna be more of a "Lois and Clark, this is your life; I was sent to test you" thing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

[pounds knife and fork on table] Darkseid! Darkseid! DARKSEID!

Gemma said "she".

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

Gemma said "she".

Granny Goodness? idk if that works but let's go with yes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Leviathan has been the lamest bunch of god like beings yet. And this is hersey but i'm a little tired of Lex and his ability to be 10 steps ahead of everyone. It's not surprising anymore. I knew that when brainy depowered Rama-Dan and the rest Lex would swoop in and take it for himself. Its like a better acted Diaz

Yes I know that's Lex, but its been 2 seasons of it and its kind of worn out its welcome. That's why I was so happy Lena just mag dumped on him at the end of last season. It probably wouldn't be as bearable as it has been if Cryer wasn't so good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Leviathan has been the lamest bunch of god like beings yet. And this is hersey but i'm a little tired of Lex and his ability to be 10 steps ahead of everyone. It's not surprising anymore. I knew that when brainy depowered Rama-Dan and the rest Lex would swoop in and take it for himself. Its like a better acted Diaz

Yes I know that's Lex, but its been 2 seasons of it and its kind of worn out its welcome. That's why I was so happy Lena just mag dumped on him at the end of last season. It probably wouldn't be as bearable as it has been if Cryer wasn't so good.

Yeah, I'd have preferred if he underestimated Brainy's willingness to sacrifice himself but since he'd considered that as an option (before discarding) he know how to use it. "Oh well, plan B then" instead of his plan all along. Like you said, it's getting a bit too Diaz.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 18, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I guess Lex hasn't gotten old for me yet because, in addition to Cryer killing it, I can actually buy Lex as being smart enough to do all the poo poo he does because he's way more active. Back in the Diaz days of Arrow, we really wouldn't see him that much because the show was focused on team bullshit. We'd hear about how Diaz had already won, but every time we saw him do something, it was generally pretty dumb (hey I'm gonna become the most bestest mob boss by walking into their meeting and killing a member then killing the rest too) or just telling Team Arrow how he'd won so they could repeat it ad nauseam.

Lex's success feels earned in a way Diaz's never did. Although yes, it will probably start to grate if it goes on too much longer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Part of Lex's character and reputation is being that sort of egotistical genius so it's not unearned for me yet. Diaz was basically new so he didn't have that sort of reputation built up to excuse that sort of stuff so him doing it felt more unearned as a result

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lex was taunting Brainy last episode and this episode for being a big ol softy, so it's completely in character that he would have predicted this outcome. Also Brainy was never on board with getting all his friends killed anyways.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 18, 2020

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I wish they just let her use the VR Supergirl look, that was amazing. Plus a domino mask I guess.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

He's so different I didn't even realise they were the same person until I looked him up on IMDB to see what else he was in and got my mind blown.

I was FURIOUS when they cast him because all I’d seen him in was 2 and a half men, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say he’s probably the only reason I’m still watching.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

McSpanky posted:

I wish they just let her use the VR Supergirl look, that was amazing. Plus a domino mask I guess.

The suit they did give her has a lot of the same design cues, and deleting the cape and House of El crest makes sense. It's really the stupid eye makeup that's what's dragging it down. Also it was a little too bad Alex mastered her Martian super weapon off screen after that was such a prominent part of her storyline this season.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I know, I just wanted to have one adventure with the Super-Sisters :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

*sigh* She said a mask, Alex. A MASK. Eyeliner is not a mask.

That actually worked well for a finale.