Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Generally the city / hub / orbiter movement being different doesn't really annoy me, except when I try to climb on top of stuff and the lack of aim gliding makes me miss my target (Maroo's has that nice platform on top where you can look at the stars.) but this is slightly different. I completed the quiz without any problems, after thinking it was normal movement once and falling through to failure because of the lack of aim glide, then after mistiming a double jump because I'm not that used to hub movement and falling through, then after getting a question right and falling through the platform. I know I was right, I used the same notes to check with my successful run.

All in all, I really wish they'd let us use mission movement in hubs, just have use aim glide and ground slam with no weapons equipped, it'll make it easier to climb up the walls in Fortuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oof. I just hit my first hard hated criticism of the glass detective stages. If you pause to actually listen to the narrative at each stage, you flat out run out of time. That's pure strain shoddy design right there.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

The puzzle design is terrible. But I’m so happy for being able to earn standing somewhat passively with fissures.

Edit: and the 7k for the puzzle is a gimme

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm just glad the main parts of the game are still fun, because the add-ons as of late have been grindy and unfun as hell. Railjack's a failure, Kuva Liches are a failure, and this Glassmaker poo poo doesn't look much better.

Leverian's cool as hell though, I'll never not give Drusus all my credits. More lore stuff, DE!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The timer on the glassmaker puzzle doesn't really make sense to me. Even if they really wanted a fail state for whatever reason they could have just failed you on wrong guesses and gave you half your cephalite back.

I don't know, I'm mostly positive on this update, and rail jack and lich stuff, but there are always little things.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Holy poo poo was getting the Saryn pieces frustrating as poo poo.

Play this arena mode so you can earn 10 points each time, you need 25 to fight the boss to get a Saryn drop. Ok cool.

Except if the host quits the arena mode after it says Victory but before the loading screen, you get nothing for that round. Happened to me 3 times in a row, 7 times total. Also, if you go in solo they only give you 2 enemies which takes forever because you have to get to 25 kills and they wander all over the large map.

Then you finally get to fight the boss after spending your 25 points. Except she drops all 3 pieces and they’re not weighted to ones you don’t have. I got the chassis 5 times in a row and the neuroptics 3 times. I now have 7 Saryn chassis, 4 neuroptics, and 1 systems.

Don’t forget, every time you fight the boss, you have to go back to the arena mode and play through it at least once, sometimes twice, to get enough points to fight the boss again.

Maybe the dumbest thing I’ve come across in a video game in a longggg time.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Now, look up Ambulas and realise how long that boss fight takes.

EDIT : Also THE KELA DE THAYM, has a bunch of other drops, including a weapon blueprint and a number of unique mods.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah I got all those because i fought her like 20 times

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Oh my sweet summer child. Saryn is only what I would call a medium-level frame grind in this game

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Nah, pure grind time is a thing, but the double grind for her is another. Regular Trinity is another double grind frame, so, cheers.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Daric posted:

I now have 7 Saryn chassis, 4 neuroptics, and 1 systems.

You'll need another Saryn Systems to build Chroma

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

throw to first drat IT posted:

You'll need another Saryn Systems to build Chroma

That's cold, man. True, though.

Oct 28, 2003

should make equinox next imo.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Why are you all trying to injure this poor soul? Enjoy poisoning the world with your saryn, little one.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'd argue that saryn is more annoying than most frame grinds if only because having to alternate between the crappy arena mode and then gambling the funmoney points on parts is aggravating compared to like, just doing spy missions for ivara parts where you're at least going to learn how to do spy better and also get some good mod drops from getting so many successful hacks in the missions

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm MR 23 and finally bothered to farm and build Nekros, Saryn, Equinox, and working on Mesa. At least the fights are easy for me now.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I now have Limbo, Nyx, Saryn, and Inaros in the oven right now but they all won't be done until Sunday night so I'm thinking I'll probably pay for some plat to rush them because I have plenty of time to play this weekend. I'm only MR9 so I want to try to rank up as much as possible.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Daric posted:

I now have Limbo, Nyx, Saryn, and Inaros in the oven right now but they all won't be done until Sunday night so I'm thinking I'll probably pay for some plat to rush them because I have plenty of time to play this weekend. I'm only MR9 so I want to try to rank up as much as possible.

Double affinity weekend so if you've got the plat it wouldn't be the worst time to do this.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Rushing to get to the point of having nothing to do is not good. But getting quickly to enough MR that you can use most gear is maybe not the worst plan.

Doing some credit grind and getting the basic sentinels is a lot of MR that doesn't lower the affinity the rest of your gear is getting too if you are trying to get to a better level.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Does double affinity also impact focus points? Not sure on how the mechanic works exactly.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

BMan posted:

Oh my sweet summer child. Saryn is only what I would call a medium-level frame grind in this game

To be honest, Kela is one of their better boss fights (admittedly, a low bar)

Rathuum used to be the endo farming location.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Pope Urbane II posted:

Does double affinity also impact focus points? Not sure on how the mechanic works exactly.

Focus is converted from Affinity, so yes. Also note a booster will make the x2 weekend into x4 not x3

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
What's a good node/mode to play if I want to try to at least max out one archwing during double affinity? I've had my archwing gear around 15 forever. I'd like to at least put one set of gear to max while it's slightly easier.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Neptune Salacia is the best archwing affinity I think unless something has changed recently

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
So just got a catchmoon riven and ive got 100k Kuva. Right now it's sitting on pretty high base damage and impact damage with no negatives, but I feel like it could be better. What stats do i want on it?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Guilty posted:

So just got a catchmoon riven and ive got 100k Kuva. Right now it's sitting on pretty high base damage and impact damage with no negatives, but I feel like it could be better. What stats do i want on it?
Some combination of crit chance/crit damage/multishot

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Guilty posted:

CC/CD/Multi and a harmless negative like -zoom or -status duration.

Pope Urbane II posted:

Yep! Focus is awarded based on a % of the exp you earn, so if you're getting double exp, you're effectively getting double focus. Paired with a smeeta kavat you can potentially double it again.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Cool thanks!

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Any (speculative) thoughts on the new Nightwave augments?
I own none of those guns.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
looks like I'll be intrinsic farming this weekend!
edit: the magnus and bronco are both meh sidearms. Sure they can kill poo poo but there's more fun options out there. Maybe if you could use them on the dual versions but I'd doubt it. Tonkor could be fun but it's outclassed nowadays and was a nerf target many times in the past.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 15, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Sample_text posted:

Any (speculative) thoughts on the new Nightwave augments?
I own none of those guns.

Deadly Maneuver - A dumb gimmick for an average gun.

Dizzying Rounds - A dumb gimmick for an extremely bad sidearm. There are many frames that can open up enemies to finishers without having to slot one of the shittiest weapons in the game.

Precision Strike - Not bad if you like Kuva Tonkor and want to reload slightly faster I guess.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I have a choice on what to get next; Grendal, Baruuk, Garuda, or Gauss. Any suggestions goons?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'd go with baruuk or garuda

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Fat_Cow posted:

So I have a choice on what to get next; Grendal, Baruuk, Garuda, or Gauss. Any suggestions goons?

Gauss, go zoom zoom invincible. Max duration, build up your redline, become an autofire turret. Equip a bramma, and you just poo poo out explosions everywhere constantly. Add your speed on top of that you can clear entire maps before people reach an enemy

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Good:
Gauss lets you turbo charge your death dealing and is pretty sturdy.
Baruuk is casually invincible and builds up rage to mulch rooms of dudes with wind punches.

OK:
Garuda is a stylish nuke frame that is slower and has more limitations than most other nuke frames.

MR Fodder:
Grendel has good base tankiness and junk abilities that don't amount to anything.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fat_Cow posted:

Gauss is one of my favorite frames in the game right now. A little mechanically complex with all the ability interactions (something I personally appreciate, though it can be a bit to wrap your head around at first), but fun as hell and quite versatile.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Thanks for the Guass suggestions gonna level it up now. Though I'm sorta peeved because I also bought that AA weapon and didn't realize it was Arcwing only so now I'm upset. I wish I could use it outside of space.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Gauss is extremely good and fun, and the heat proc changes were an indirect buff to his 3 skill.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

And Tyler Too! posted:

Precision Strike - Not bad if you like Kuva Tonkor and want to reload slightly faster I guess.

If you can hit dead on this mod is crazy good for the Tonkor, as it's fire rate is directly tied to reload. Not sure what it'll do with the "to close to explode nut shots" though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

Thanks for the Guass suggestions gonna level it up now. Though I'm sorta peeved because I also bought that AA weapon and didn't realize it was Arcwing only so now I'm upset. I wish I could use it outside of space.

If you level up Fortuna faction enough, there is in fact, a way to use AW weapons on foot!

It's expensive as gently caress to do this though. Materials-wise.