Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

ShowTime posted:

Anyone running all raids with like, infinite drugs in their body now? At least the good ones. I bought up Goldenstar when the wipe was announced and have been using them since. Taught me the value of prepopping pain meds and now I basically only run with pain meds in my body. I haven't found any other drugs without adverse effects, but if they exist, I wanna take them. I've tried a few runs with SJ6 to start and run to a spot (like Resort) and just didn't like the tunnel vision that came after. Goldenstar is amazing and i'll never go back. I don't care if I go broke after the wipe on just buying Goldenstar.

In case you didn't know what Goldenstar does, here is all it does:

10 minutes of pain relief. That's 7 minutes longer than just normal pain killers.
Slight energy gain. Slight hydration gain. Other pain meds reduce your hydration.
Slight amount of hp gain (only a few points).
Removes contusion, toxicity and radiation (whenever those are implemented).

Yea, Goldenstar takes a few extra seconds to use, but it's so worth it. Pop it at the start of your raid and every 10 minutes after.

Can't wait for the devs to add drug addiction and 12 step meetings as a way to curb it to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Escape From Novigrad.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

i vomit kittens posted:

Can't wait for the devs to add drug addiction and 12 step meetings as a way to curb it to the game.

I think they did mention drug addiction would be a thing. It's cool though. I can quit whenever I want. Goldenstar isn't even a drug, man.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

i vomit kittens posted:

You're joking but they do actually plan to add drug addiction. That's what the side effects to the injection drugs are currently meant as a placeholder for.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Anyone running all raids with like, infinite drugs in their body now? At least the good ones. I bought up Goldenstar when the wipe was announced and have been using them since. Taught me the value of prepopping pain meds and now I basically only run with pain meds in my body. I haven't found any other drugs without adverse effects, but if they exist, I wanna take them. I've tried a few runs with SJ6 to start and run to a spot (like Resort) and just didn't like the tunnel vision that came after. Goldenstar is amazing and i'll never go back. I don't care if I go broke after the wipe on just buying Goldenstar.

10 minutes of pain relief. That's 7 minutes longer than just normal pain killers.
Slight energy gain. Slight hydration gain. Other pain meds reduce your hydration.

Yea, Goldenstar takes a few extra seconds to use, but it's so worth it. Pop it at the start of your raid and every 10 minutes after.

I thought I clicked on TCC for a second. Now we just need the follow-up post days later detailing how you bought a grand piano and woke up in a mental ward.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Finding phenazepam in Woods and using it in a recipe in your hideout should be the only way to spawn as a player cultist.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
when whipe

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Finding phenazepam in Woods and using it in a recipe in your hideout should be the only way to spawn as a player cultist.

"effects: next 6 raids every item you find is a red keycard. after 7th raid, all your red keycards become TP and lightbulbs"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

i vomit kittens posted:

My name is Galaga Galaxian, and I'm addicted to lip balm. :saddowns:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
A couple streamers (including Klean) have said that M995 is bugged. I believed them, sold my stock (unfortunately before the spike) and went to using 855A1. I recently started buying and using M995 again because I thought about it and realized that can't be right. Everyone else is using it, the streamers must be wrong. But in a fight with a guy just wearing UNTAR it took like 14-15 hits to kill him. I eventually had to kill him with a shot to the head.

Anyone know concretely that M995 is bugged? Because it really feels like that. It should have eaten through him and killed him in a few hits. Instead, there were bloody bushes all over the place and I had to track him down to finish him off.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 14, 2020

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
“Wait you mean I was supposed to set PRICE coefficient and not DAMAGE coefficient???”

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Imo the SJ6 is better used at the end of a successful raid, to help with overencumberance and stamina regen while running to extract. Propitol and the Green stim are both great as well the regen they provide isnt insane, but its enough to help heal your limbs as you run for cover after being lit up. The short use time is the biggest upside for all the injectors.

Also I think you can counteract the tunnel vision by popping a goldenstar.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

TheTofuShop posted:

Imo the SJ6 is better used at the end of a successful raid, to help with overencumberance and stamina regen while running to extract. Propitol and the Green stim are both great as well the regen they provide isnt insane, but its enough to help heal your limbs as you run for cover after being lit up. The short use time is the biggest upside for all the injectors.

Also I think you can counteract the tunnel vision by popping a goldenstar.

Yea, I was gonna use it for that. But I wanted to try and get to resort first and popped it so I could run the whole way. You can basically run the entire distance, but you'll have to stop and walk almost right before you get there and regen. Only takes a few seconds though.

Does Goldenstar really do that? I wonder if that's considered "toxication"? If so, that's awesome. I assumed toxication was just like radiation: something for later.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
I really hope they're still including the jaeger questline rework in 12.6 cause they sure are dumb as gently caress.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Bang3r posted:

I really hope they're still including the jaeger questline rework in 12.6 cause they sure are dumb as gently caress.

Is Jaeger the trader that gives the make it through every map alive quest? I think that one is fine, as I think it's like the last quest you have to do to get the Kappa container. I think that's fair for a reward like the Kappa. It's hard, but doable if you are smart and patient. I say that having never done it obviously. It just seems doable.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
You just have to extract on each map? That sounds like one of the least annoying quests unless you left something out.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
You have to extract on all of them all in a row without dying. It's from peacekeeper.

Still better than "kill 4 PMCs while you have a tremor"

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 15, 2020

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

A couple streamers (including Klean) have said that M995 is bugged. I believed them, sold my stock (unfortunately before the spike) and went to using 855A1. I recently started buying and using M995 again because I thought about it and realized that can't be right. Everyone else is using it, the streamers must be wrong. But in a fight with a guy just wearing UNTAR it took like 14-15 hits to kill him. I eventually had to kill him with a shot to the head.

Anyone know concretely that M995 is bugged? Because it really feels like that. It should have eaten through him and killed him in a few hits. Instead, there were bloody bushes all over the place and I had to track him down to finish him off.

I don't know if anyone has completely narrowed down what it is, but I've heard that it's probably not passing through arms at all.

Which makes sense as arms are by far the best armor in the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

IronicDongz posted:

Still better than "kill 4 PMCs while you have a tremor"

:barf:

I am all for them trying new things, but holy poo poo. This is a little much.

Jagers quest of don't wear armor and kill scavs on woods gave me a new love and appreciation for the mosin. I killed a couple of juiced players because even with LPS ammo, the mosin one taps heads like no other. It's kind of horrifying how good the mosin is at popping heads.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Mesadoram posted:

Jagers quest of don't wear armor and kill scavs on woods gave me a new love and appreciation for the mosin. I killed a couple of juiced players because even with LPS ammo, the mosin one taps heads like no other. It's kind of horrifying how good the mosin is at popping heads.

Mosin tri-rail plus laser designator is also really good. Just trust the laser and try and get it on the neck/head/chest before firing. It's better than swapping weapons, and point firing lets you try and dodge their ADS by side stepping!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Jaeger quests should all be achievements that unlock stupid cosmetic items. He should have some regular loving quests so you can level up his rep without wanting to slit your wrists.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

You just have to extract on each map? That sounds like one of the least annoying quests unless you left something out.

They left out that run throughs don't count and your progress gets reset if you die.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

You have to extract on every map in a row without dying. So if you make it through Labs, Customs, Woods, Interchange, Shoreline, Factory and then die on Reserves, you gotta do them all over again.

fknlo posted:

I don't know if anyone has completely narrowed down what it is, but I've heard that it's probably not passing through arms at all.

Which makes sense as arms are by far the best armor in the game.

I've read this too. Also read it's fine. I just know from experience that it's taking way more shots then it should. Arms also make sense since I nailed this dude from the side and must have torn apart his left arm. I dunno though. I'll probably just sell off again and go back to 855A1.

Edit: And that was a quick way to add 13.5m to your stash. I have no loving clue how someone is suppose to spend this amount of roubles at this point in the game. I feel like I need to run into every raid just non-stop firing now.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 15, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Toalpaz posted:

Mosin tri-rail plus laser designator is also really good. Just trust the laser and try and get it on the neck/head/chest before firing. It's better than swapping weapons, and point firing lets you try and dodge their ADS by side stepping!

I had no idea that was a thing that was possible. I will try that out later.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Liquid Banjo posted:

Just a tip but if you hold alt and click on items in their inventory, it will automatically equip them for you. It has probably saved my rear end more than I know not spending that extra few seconds while looting.

Yea I knew that at the time but I was shocked when I looted him. all my keybinds and loot discipline went out the window.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yesterday I got killed in the first couple of minutes when I loaded in late to Shoreline. I got killed by a person with TTV in the name and I obviously had to check it out. Unlike most people with TTV in the name, this person was actually live.

While it was a guy from a 5-man squad (technically a 6-man squad, but i'll get into that), all running Thermals, the person who got the killing blow had a really interesting setup. Turns out, this guy is a paraplegic.Quadriplegic? He had a stroke and then an aneurysm and something like none of his body works. So how he plays is his assistant uses the keyboard for movement while he plays with an eyetracker and facial movements. Where he looks, he aims. By making different gestures with his face, he can shoot, ADS, etc. It was incredibly cool and the dude had killer aim. If I can remember the channel name, i'll link it. His assistant was talking with chat and they all seemed like a friendly bunch. The assistant basically does everything but aim and push the fire button.

Just makes you think about who is playing this game and how they are playing. Dude even had a Kappa container, so definitely puts in work.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Yesterday I got killed in the first couple of minutes when I loaded in late to Shoreline. I got killed by a person with TTV in the name and I obviously had to check it out. Unlike most people with TTV in the name, this person was actually live.

While it was a guy from a 5-man squad (technically a 6-man squad, but i'll get into that), all running Thermals, the person who got the killing blow had a really interesting setup. Turns out, this guy is a paraplegic.Quadriplegic? He had a stroke and then an aneurysm and something like none of his body works. So how he plays is his assistant uses the keyboard for movement while he plays with an eyetracker and facial movements. Where he looks, he aims. By making different gestures with his face, he can shoot, ADS, etc. It was incredibly cool and the dude had killer aim. If I can remember the channel name, i'll link it. His assistant was talking with chat and they all seemed like a friendly bunch. The assistant basically does everything but aim and push the fire button.

Just makes you think about who is playing this game and how they are playing. Dude even had a Kappa container, so definitely puts in work.

That's loving neat as hell. I know there are a few CS players who are way better than I could ever be who play with some serious physical disadvantages.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ShowTime posted:

Lol, never in my wildest dreams would I ever think a quadriplegic would be better than me in video games, but here we are.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I mean if my gun went where my eyes were pointed instead of where my clumsy-rear end hand pulled it, I'd probably be more accurate too.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I checked my history and found the channel again, if anyone is curious. Here is the stream where they killed me too: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622251075 and the streamers name is jmaxjourneys

Happens like 1:29 in. I can't find a way to link to that time.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ShowTime posted:

Happens like 1:29 in. I can't find a way to link to that time.

Gear icon at the bottom right.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
There's some video going around reddit of a new extract camp on Reserve, you can jump off of the stairs at the RR extract and sit halfway up inside the tree right on the extract.

Totally dog move but keep an eye out for it.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Bang3r posted:

There's some video going around reddit of a new extract camp on Reserve, you can jump off of the stairs at the RR extract and sit halfway up inside the tree right on the extract.

Totally dog move but keep an eye out for it.

This game needs flamethrowers already :flame:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I bought some gold star balm out of curiosity, and I gotta say this stuff is actually pretty great :unsmith:.

But yeah, opening it up is totally a bitch.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

So I bought some gold star balm out of curiosity, and I gotta say this stuff is actually pretty great :unsmith:.

But yeah, opening it up is totally a bitch.

Yea it's so worth it though. I pop it at the start of the raid and whenever things get quiet. It takes a long time to apply so it's not good in an emergency. If it does remove tunnel vision and stuff, which someone mentioned it might, I think it needs a nerf. It's rare as gently caress though. I think the best place to find it is in medical supply crates, like on Reserve.

Did anyone else know there are 3 crates, including a medical, in the middle of Reserve next to the helicopter? On a truck there. They are super exposed, but poo poo, that's 3 lootable crates to go for on your scav runs if you want. I think they are technical, ration and medical. The medical one is the safest one to loot actually. It's the one next to the truck you jump onto to get onto the truck. I've been kind of getting my loot runs prepped for the wipe and it was something I spotted in a Pestily video.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ShowTime posted:

Yea it's so worth it though. I pop it at the start of the raid and whenever things get quiet. It takes a long time to apply so it's not good in an emergency. If it does remove tunnel vision and stuff, which someone mentioned it might, I think it needs a nerf. It's rare as gently caress though. I think the best place to find it is in medical supply crates, like on Reserve.

Did anyone else know there are 3 crates, including a medical, in the middle of Reserve next to the helicopter? On a truck there. They are super exposed, but poo poo, that's 3 lootable crates to go for on your scav runs if you want. I think they are technical, ration and medical. The medical one is the safest one to loot actually. It's the one next to the truck you jump onto to get onto the truck. I've been kind of getting my loot runs prepped for the wipe and it was something I spotted in a Pestily video.

There's also a weapons and grenade box near the raised walkway by the heating pipe scav extract. I believe one of them is in a truck you can jump into. But yeah, the 3 crates in the truck by the helicopter are a great thing to hit on a scav run, as they're rarely hit due to being so exposed.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Hazdoc posted:

There's also a weapons and grenade box near the raised walkway by the heating pipe scav extract. I believe one of them is in a truck you can jump into. But yeah, the 3 crates in the truck by the helicopter are a great thing to hit on a scav run, as they're rarely hit due to being so exposed.

Holy poo poo. Didn't know about these either. And I like to think Reserves is my main map.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Oh sorry I didn't clarify, I meant in real life lol. Much like in game, it is really awesome. Smell is something to get used to though...

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Oh sorry I didn't clarify, I meant in real life lol. Much like in game, it is really awesome. Smell is something to get used to though...

Oh haha. I kind of want to buy some to have. Did you find it on Amazon?

Yesterday Nikita talked for like 10 minutes on a podcast about 12.6. It's done, but is riddled with bugs and they are working on fixing them all before it's released (how that is called done, i'll never know, but whatever). Steam audio will be live with 12.6 and apparently it's real good, but is gonna sound so different people will think its bugged (I think this mean it's bugged, but that's BSG). They are adding more items that can only be found in raid to 12.6, which I like but holy poo poo Nikita, just fix the current issues and not add more poo poo right now. And the pre-wipe event is only gonna last like 3-4 days and when it's ready, it's live (no warning). That was about all they talked about, other than the dev team is super tired from trying to get the patch ready. They are working like 14-15 hour days to get it ready. I think they learned their lesson to not say poo poo about a wipe until the wipe is ready, because they are getting pressured hard to get it launched.

Edit:

Oh god. Tarkov nerds on Amazon:

https://imgur.com/rlnHeFH

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ShowTime posted:

Oh haha. I kind of want to buy some to have. Did you find it on Amazon?
Edit:

Oh god. Tarkov nerds on Amazon:

https://imgur.com/rlnHeFH

Yup got it on Amazon, seems like you already found the gold mine lol.