Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i do not understand the first or third one of these "mnemonics" at all

roll looks like a cat rolling around but the third one is pretty obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

do yaw and door rhyme if you're british

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

awesomeolion posted:

maybe if you're from brooklyn

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

It seems like the arrows on roll and pitch are swapped.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I guess doors can yawn

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
"Yaw" and "OOR"?

I don't "get it" (as the kids say these days).

:confused:

E:

Carthag Tuek posted:

I guess doors can yawn

See, then why bold the "OOR"?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

awesomeolion posted:

good point, they do if you're extremely posh. yooouhr and doouhr. gently caress that and gently caress off.

still don't understand the cat.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cats roll if u put buttered toast on them

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

wa27 posted:

It seems like the arrows on roll and pitch are swapped.

Yeah that cat isn’t rolling it’s doing a somersault

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

awesomeolion posted:

do yaw and door rhyme

yes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

everything rhymes somewhere

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

good point, they do if you're extremely posh. yooouhr and doouhr. gently caress that and gently caress off.

still don't understand the cat.

they do for me op

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

yaw joking right

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

these include spoofs of computer games (such as Doom), Microsoft software (such as Internet Explorer), and even sometimes popular fads of the time (such as a "Billagotchi" that spoofs the Tamagotchi and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates[12][13])

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

According to director Morten Lindberg, this was a "dramatic special effect" to illustrate "the world being freed from vicious women".[2]

that article is extremely nsfw if you go looking for it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Midjack posted:

According to director Morten Lindberg, this was a "dramatic special effect" to illustrate "the world being freed from vicious women".[2]

that article is extremely nsfw if you go looking for it.

Was it movie where will.i.am defoe get he dilz broke by teh talking fox?

E: Fantastic Mr Fox?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 18, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
A breast-shaped hill is a mountain in the shape of a breast. Some such hills are named "Pap", a word for the breast or nipple. Such anthropomorphic geographic features are to be found in different places of the world and in some cultures they were revered as the attributes of the Mother Goddess, such as the Paps of Anu, named after Anu, an important female deity of pre-Christian Ireland.[1]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Schadenboner posted:

oh my god shut the gently caress up

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Schadenboner posted:

you are thE worst postEr in this ENtire subforum

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

graph posted:

please do not fix your keyboard. ever. you have to post like this everywhere from now on.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

please do not fix your keyboard. ever. you have to post like this everywhere from now on.

i havE not takEn any stEps to rectify thE situation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hearing that in my head in a campfire ghost imitation voice

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
torgo voice

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This is a list of extreme points of Earth, the geographical locations that are farther north or south than, higher or lower in elevation than, or farthest inland or out to sea from, any other locations on the landmasses, continents or countries.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

graph posted:

dsyp

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Among the most notable of these products was Ninja Turtles Cereal, produced by Ralston-Purina as a kind of "Chex with TMNT-themed marshmallows" which also came with a small pouch of Pizza Crunchabungas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Each episode begins with a cold open that usually ends with a lame pun. After that, the show's logo appears over the end of the cold open, and then, each character is introduced as a horseshoe flips, followed by the show's logo again, and then, the opening sequence fades out. Each episode ends with an instrumental version of the show's theme song while the credits roll over stills from the episode.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Contrary to popular belief, Rich Uncle Pennybags does not have a monocle and the confusion may come from another advertising icon, Mr. Peanut, who, in fact, does wear a monocle.[3] News media and popular culture have referenced Rich Uncle Pennybags wearing a monocle.[4] This misconception has been cited as an example of the Mandela effect.

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Each episode begins with a cold open that usually ends with a lame pun. After that, the show's logo appears over the end of the cold open, and then, each character is introduced as a horseshoe flips, followed by the show's logo again, and then, the opening sequence fades out. Each episode ends with an instrumental version of the show's theme song while the credits roll over stills from the episode.

At lunch, three of the characters make a food pun about the subject of the episode; usually done by Nonny. After lunch, another Gil and Molly sketch is shown.

After the sketch, some classroom activity is shown further reinforcing that episode's topic

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Other translations of the passage give the size as a 2000 butts[15], which would be around a 1000 tons, a butt being half a ton.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Down at the Shark Anomaly Center (or SAC as it's commonly called for short), a group of sexy marine biologists probe the secrets of sharks They soon discover the shark emits an erotic sound that no woman can resist.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
This image of a moth became popular, and began to be used in memes. These moth memes usually revolved around the moth wanting to find a lamp.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Wizardchan is an imageboard primarily dedicated to male virgin culture and topics including anime, hobbies, and depression

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sweevo posted:

Wizardchan is an imageboard primarily dedicated to male virgin culture and topics including anime, hobbies, and depression

I mean, they could have just said "Wizardchan is an imageboard primarily dedicated to animus" and saved some word count?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, they could have just said "Wizardchan is an imageboard" and saved some word count?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Ever wanted a listing of exits a 6300-mile highway running from the Yellow Sea to Kazakhstan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G30_Lianyungang%E2%80%93Khorgas_Expressway

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats loving great lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Was Kevin not literally guilty af? Was his sentence unduly harsh? Or is this just "White boy actually gets punished, is shocked and outraged!"?

I'm just slightly too young to have been around during that whole thing so I don't know much about it. All I know is I read a couple of he books about social engineering and they seemed p.unimpressive (but this may also be one of those "I don't see what the big deal about Casablanca/Citizen Kane is, they aren't even in color!" things?)

I also saw a movie where they're going to DefCon and they stop to wave at he prison window and then they go to teh wrong Las Vegas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
He was one of the first really big high profile hackers and kept at it several times. It was the perfect storm of "uh, ok this poo poo is going to become a problem we better make an example out of him" and pure FUD:

quote:

Mitnick served five years in prison—four and a half years pre-trial and eight months in solitary confinement—because, according to Mitnick, law enforcement officials convinced a judge that he had the ability to "start a nuclear war by whistling into a pay phone"