Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
in 1958 you couldnt get the Hong Kong flu because your postmates delivery (who is also your uber driver) drops you off at home with your sushi and pancakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

the only thing the constitution means anymore is white supremacy and unregulated capital

Anymore?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*extremely dad voice*

i already have a six pack. it's in the fridge :smug:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

lmao for what disease

Covid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there was some pretty good 14th amendment jurisprudence back in the day

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

a consumer driven existence is something else

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

rent drops when?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

dew worm posted:

rent drops when?

Numbers only go up, silly.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

and most ppl eat out not for the food but to exert power over subordinate private employees gosh America being kinda harsh, no?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

look, we don't need to bother with budgeting or funding, just spend whatever it takes, i'll pay you back

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

crazy place

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/14/japan-suicides-fall-sharply-as-covid-19-lockdown-causes-shift-in-stress-factors

quote:

The suicide rate in Japan fell by 20% in April compared with the same time last year, the biggest drop in five years, despite fears the coronavirus pandemic would cause increased stress and many prevention helplines were either not operating or short-staffed.

People spending more time at home with their families, fewer people were commuting to work and delays to the start of the school year are seen as factors in the fall.

In April, 1,455 people took their lives in Japan, 359 fewer than in April 2019. Suicide has been on a downward trend in Japan since peaking at more than 34,000 cases annually in 2003. Last year saw just over 20,000, and the large drop last month came at a time when there were fears of a fresh spike.

Get kids away from bullies at school, cancel bullshit jobs, crush car culture, watch happiness soar?

Impossible. Unthinkable

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1261169715948466177

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Mayor Dave posted:

According to the new head of operation WARP SPEED, America will deliver a few million doses of a viable vaccine by the end of the year

Uhhhhhhhh so they're going to test it in <0.5% of the population and make sure it doesn't kill people

I'll wait, thanks

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

We did this and made one of those red sections in Manhattan slightly redder. We lasted one (1) week doing WFH and remote-schooling before fleeing NYC and the country in a rental car to get help from family (after the mandatory 14-day quarantine in a short-term rental :canada:). If we're not allowed back in someone please send me my cast iron pan.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

We're still so far from a vaccine that the problems with the roll-out aren't getting a lot of play yet, but lol, get ready for just the shittiest, griftiest disaster ever. The first one probably won't work at all and just get shoved out by Trump because Kushner bought a controlling stake in the company that owns the patent.

When there finally is one it's going to make the mask confiscation poo poo look even-handed by comparison. Distributed only to the elite, then to red states. If it were somehow before the election you know Trump would use it as leverage to get swing states to pass voter suppression stuff or only distribute it in communities likely to vote for him.

Canadians gonna make a fortune vaccine-bootlegging.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Jordan–Hare Stadium (mispronounced as /ˈdʒɔːrdən/ jor-dən, properly pronounced as /ˈdʒɜːrdən/ (About this soundlisten) JUR-dən) is the playing venue for the Auburn University Tigers football team located on campus in Auburn, Alabama. The stadium reached its current seating capacity of 87,451 with the 2004 expansion and is the 10th largest stadium in the NCAA.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Better start now DOD is in complete disarray right now. This is patently impossible to do today in any reasonable time frame.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

what's the corona tracker that is good these days

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Nocturtle posted:

We did this and made one of those red sections in Manhattan slightly redder. We lasted one (1) week doing WFH and remote-schooling before fleeing NYC and the country in a rental car to get help from family (after the mandatory 14-day quarantine in a short-term rental :canada:). If we're not allowed back in someone please send me my cast iron pan.

can i have some money

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Hello all :) https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6888586/TaskForceDocs.pdf

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Trump making his own fans have to rationalize vaccination is a good bit.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what's the corona tracker that is good these days

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

thank you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

orgonizing the sos to not a tribute a vaccine that doesn’t exist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They are going to inject everyone with sugar water than gives everyone ALS

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

whoa, nice

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/14/japan-suicides-fall-sharply-as-covid-19-lockdown-causes-shift-in-stress-factors

Get kids away from bullies at school, cancel bullshit jobs, crush car culture, watch happiness soar?

Impossible. Unthinkable

also unsustainable, unfortunately

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

any of you motherfuckers WFH/rich and able to flee your state owe me $500 my venmo is @snooie thank you

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

love to find out my county is growing in cases even as the Wisconsin supreme court cites my county as precedent for striking down the stay-at-home order

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

how did your mom get a test without symptoms??

Speaking of my county, my mom got back to me. Apparently the county is offering free testing for even asymptomatic people until May 22nd.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

oxsnard posted:

touche, but there are plenty of chuds who have union jobs in the states

this is very union by union as has been discussed before, and also regionally, like i see a million union chuds but my field has really conservative unions, i'm in one of them, and they're concentrated in my region, so your mileage will absolutely vary

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I backed it up to the Internet Archive. I'm kind of surprised that worked this time, because I'd had trouble submitting other URLs

https://web.archive.org/web/20200515172705/https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6888586/TaskForceDocs.pdf

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

so this potential vaccine is surely a scam, correct?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

MysteriousStranger posted:

you get the "not all christians, actually there are left wing christians that are really good, besides even if they are lovely on abortion we can work with them on XYZ" and that might be true but it dodges the issue that the majority of those who remain christian do it entirely because of racial and sexual hangups. they also wield enormous power, they are why we have Trump. r

perhaps the problem is the secular left’s failure to talk about it’s concepts and ideas in language and symbols that unsophisticated Christians are able to understand. gotta speak to people in the language they think in or lol at getting any kind of good response or real communication.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

euphronius posted:

there was some pretty good 14th amendment jurisprudence back in the day

is it all dead or does the majority of judges/law professors still believe that poo poo but they’re suppressed by minority rule like everyone else

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Google Butt posted:

There will not be a vaccine in the US until another country develops it and we steal it so yeah

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hope she dies

(QCS WHINED ABOUT THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://twitter.com/emilyhughes/status/1261304651338731521

perhaps it's because sweden is a small country with a homogeneous population

which apparently longs for death

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Google Butt posted:

I would think if none of the COVID vaccines work by December we're all going to get BCG instead if the trials for that prove effective because OPEN ER UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Nocturtle posted:

If you drove all the way to your destination in one go without ever getting out of your car or directly interacting with a human being, you're allowed to get your cast iron pan mailed to you UPS ground. Nothing else though