Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

There's a Voodoo Donuts in Florida? I thought it was a Portland thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chainclaw posted:

Yep at Universal Citywalk. Although the best meal I remember having was the pizza at our Universal hotel. Just a perfect day.

Bonus points to the Cheeseburger Sushi or Burgooshi or something like that that I had at Citywalk.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Chainclaw posted:

https://www.voodoodoughnut.com/locations/

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Oh wow, all over now. I didn't realize the demand for dick shaped donuts was so high.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Truth be told I’d rather have a Krispy Kreme or a Shipley’s doughnut instead. It was ok for novelty but there are much better doughnuts out there.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
There’s novelty donut places similar to voodoo near me, and they all are terrible. Making a strange donut with weird toppings apparently replaces any effort into making a good donut.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I lived in Portland for a few years and went to Voodoo once aaaand no thanks. I think they mostly came up through hype from the Food Network in the early oughts.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
the Voodoo Donut Rogue Ale was enough for me to say gently caress everything they make.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s a voodoo in Denver. It was good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imho the most overrated food in Orla do is that cupcake place in Disney sori gs

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Social distancing and masks going well...

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1261059425139339265?s=20

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Happy page 500 friends.

I am hoping I get to eventually go on Rise of the Resistance, but I am not risking my life to do so.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

kensei posted:

I am hoping I get to eventually go on Rise of the Resistance, but I am not risking my life to do so.

As someone whose DLR pass ends in 6 days.... yup....

Bottom Liner posted:

the Voodoo Donut Rogue Ale was enough for me to say gently caress everything they make.

I couldn't even sell those as a holiday gimmick at a store I worked at.

TBF Rogue's normal beers are pretty alright, but their management is highly questionable.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 15, 2020

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
Man. In my moments of selfishness and all, I'm almost most annoyed because at the start of March I finally hit my savings goal for my first WDW trip in like 20 years, to go for my 40th next year. Then, y'know, reality. I feel like it's unlikely I'm willing to risk it.

Then reality hits again and I remember there's a lot bigger things than my disney trip. But it still sucks.

I just wanted to complain.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
voodoo is the guy fieri of donuts (yeah people say he's woke or whatever now idgaf)

rogue is run by oregon rednecks

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I like all those people using the masks to protect their throats.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

If only we had a harmless colored aerosol that showed your breath, like those chewable pills that stain teeth to help kids practice good brushing skills.

I'd also take it being cold enough to show breath.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sporkie posted:

Man. In my moments of selfishness and all, I'm almost most annoyed because at the start of March I finally hit my savings goal for my first WDW trip in like 20 years, to go for my 40th next year. Then, y'know, reality. I feel like it's unlikely I'm willing to risk it.

Then reality hits again and I remember there's a lot bigger things than my disney trip. But it still sucks.

It's totally alright to be sad about your trip. It is. it's cool. You were looking forward to a neat thing and now you're hosed because the world is hosed.

The people that deserve to be mocked are the ones going "WELL MY 17TH DISNEY TRIP THIS YEAR ISN'T GETTING CANCELLED BECAUSE AS SOON AS THEY OPEN UP I'M THERE LOL WHO NEEDS A MASK IF YOU'RE ~SCARED~ OF THE VIRUS -YOU- STAY HOME" literal psychopaths.

I'm a bit sad that I probably won't be hitting disney any time soon, too. But like you said. There's a lot bigger nightmare going on than me not being able to dance around with my husband while happily ever after plays.

Darth TNT posted:

I like all those people using the masks to protect their throats.

I went to a smoothie bar and a Moe's yesterday to grab some food. Literally 0 customers other than me had masks and they were all up each other's asses.

I had to go get groceries yesterday, too, and one person had one on his forehead. I'm not sure what he was protecting, but indeed, it was protected.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

voodoo is the guy fieri of donuts (yeah people say he's woke or whatever now idgaf)

quote:

Guy Fieri has helped raise more than $20 million for out-of-work restaurant workers

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/us/guy-fieri-restaurant-employee-relief-fund-trnd/index.html

Yeah he's good people.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I had to go get groceries yesterday, too, and one person had one on his forehead. I'm not sure what he was protecting, but indeed, it was protected.

I assume he was trying to make sure his brain couldn't catch the virus.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
If your curious here's the park reopening guidelines that Disney/Universal and others will probably open back up with https://www.micechat.com/259316-breaking-news-theme-park-industry-rolls-out-extensive-guidelines-for-new-normal/
It's from the IAPPA industry groups.

Also here's what "Phase 2" for Florida means (just released), which includes limited capacity at the theme parks.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/covid19/Taskforce%20Report.pdf

A few smaller attractions on I Drive opened up today like Sea Life Aquarium and the Wax Museum, stuff like Top Golf opens up next week.

Also here's how they do it in the Netherlands, look no masks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et3diPcEmfY

Atricks fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 15, 2020

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Atricks posted:

If your curious here's the park reopening guidelines that Disney/Universal and others will probably open back up with https://www.micechat.com/259316-breaking-news-theme-park-industry-rolls-out-extensive-guidelines-for-new-normal/
It's from the IAPPA industry groups.

"Reduce the number of personal items visitors can bring into the park. Require all items fit into a clear plastic bag for touchless inspections. "

Welp, time to buy a clear plastic bag

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sporkie posted:

That blows, but hopefully by next year we will have a shred of normalcy. And you can enjoy all those hella good margaritas in the Mexico pavilion.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Do you think they'll run Not So Scary this year? We're looking at our potential rebooking dates. :(

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Starting Monday restaurants & retail in Florida can go to 50% capacity, Gyms can start to reopen, and Theme parks can submit plans to reopen (with a date and mitigation plans laid out). Universal or Sea World may open up before Disney parks, although nothing has been formally announced, the likelihood of some of the parks opening up in Mid June is much higher than it was. Although the limitations and caps may be really severe.

Earl of Sandwich, Boathouse, Blaze, Planet Hollywood, Chicken Guy are joining the others opening up on the 20th at Disney Springs. (27th reportedly for some or all of the Disney stuff at springs)

Toothsome Chocolate Factory at CityWalk opens today too. (It wasn't open yesterday)

Atricks fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 15, 2020

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

BlueBayou posted:

"Reduce the number of personal items visitors can bring into the park. Require all items fit into a clear plastic bag for touchless inspections. "

Welp, time to buy a clear plastic bag

If they do that they need to lower the price of.... ok I can't even finish typing that sentence.

Coming soon, clear PVC Mickey Backpacks.. 59.99

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

what does that (limiting personal items) even accomplish?

oh right, good point \/

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 15, 2020

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

less close interaction between security and visitors

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
It really feels like testing needs to be MUCH more prolific before they start opening up parks. Like "home coronavirus test available for 99 cents at CVS" prolific. All it takes is one security guard that's asymptomatic and contagious to start a whole new outbreak.

EDIT: Though I guess having the employees wear masks will mitigate this a bit. Sucks to be stuck in a mask for 8 hour shifts in the Florida summer, though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

unions should demand hazard pay. gently caress this whole rush to "open the economy"

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

It really feels like testing needs to be MUCH more prolific before they start opening up parks. Like "home coronavirus test available for 99 cents at CVS" prolific. All it takes is one security guard that's asymptomatic and contagious to start a whole new outbreak.

EDIT: Though I guess having the employees wear masks will mitigate this a bit. Sucks to be stuck in a mask for 8 hour shifts in the Florida summer, though.

the original outbreak hasn't stopped. it's actually growing! it's really, really bad!

like, really bad! like: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ holy crap.

I have no idea why we're reopening anything. I'm so confused as to why we closed doors when things were just starting to get bad and now we're at almost 90,000 dead Americans and we're like "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
You don't understand! We are Annual Passholders with underlying health conditions!

quote:

And what if someone in my family can’t wear a mask for a medical reason but we are annual passholders? We’re just supposed to shrug off the thousands of dollars lost?

Saying just don’t go is an extreme oversimplification of this issue.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...86/post-9214839

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

the original outbreak hasn't stopped. it's actually growing! it's really, really bad!

like, really bad! like: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ holy crap.

I have no idea why we're reopening anything. I'm so confused as to why we closed doors when things were just starting to get bad and now we're at almost 90,000 dead Americans and we're like "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

republicans turned this into a culture war immediately to save their precious money and all of their sheep ate it right up because they've never been inconvenienced or sacrificed their own wants for the greater good a day of their lives. White privilege run rampart. And hilariously all "pro-life" too.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
You would figure they would wait and see if there is a huge second spike in outbreaks before even discussing a "Phase 2", considering Universal and Disney just opened up shopping.

But on the other hand, you figure they would play it safe until there were a lot less deaths happening, but y'know, sacrificing bodies to the almighty dollar.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SomeJazzyRat posted:

You would figure they would wait and see if there is a huge second spike in outbreaks before even discussing a "Phase 2", considering Universal and Disney just opened up shopping.

But on the other hand, you figure they would play it safe until there were a lot less deaths happening, but y'know, sacrificing bodies to the almighty dollar.

I just don't understand how they don't understand that if everyone is loving dead there is no income.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just don't understand how they don't understand that if everyone is loving dead there is no income.

They know, they just don't care. The road to profits is paved with the bodies of the lower class.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It takes two weeks to die, but you can get their money TODAY.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Disney Dream is currently anchored offshore of Cocoa Beach.

Disney Dream

I posted a few more of the ships doing the same in the Cruise thread but this is the only Disney ship.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Midjack posted:

It takes two weeks to die, but you can get their money TODAY.

Call J G Wentworth?

couldcareless posted:

They know, they just don't care. The road to profits is paved with the bodies of the lower class.

It just blows my mind. Not because I think they care about the general public but because of how incredibly narrow and short-term their vision is. If everyone is fuckin' dead, your profits for FY21 are hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Call J G Wentworth?

It just blows my mind. Not because I think they care about the general public but because of how incredibly narrow and short-term their vision is. If everyone is fuckin' dead, your profits for FY21 are hosed.

They don’t get their bonuses this quarter on what happens next year. :colbert: