Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that Stargirl's first episode will hit the service next Monday and then air on the CW on Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
WHY IS BANE SO GOOD and Killer Croc's not half bad either

Man, I hope some mainstream comic uses these characterizations from now on.

Also, DON'T SPOIL IT

WAIT A FEW DAYS

EDIT: The ending, I mean.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 15, 2020

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Bane really is amazing, a highlight reel of his best bits would just be every scene he's in and even some that he isn't but just the mention of his character is hilarious.

And yeah, the ending, holy poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bane is the absolute best. I love that he takes his role as judge and warden seriously.

Goddamn Gordon was in his own pit. Mayo and spaghetti :barf:

The ending!

e: I hope that Bane is okay. Cheryl too. And Killer Croc. And Zsasz

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 15, 2020

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao im only 30 seconds in and they dusted off fuckin man bat

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bane is the absolute best. I love that he takes his role as judge and warden seriously.

That was my favourite bit of the episode:

Bane: I promise you'll get a fair shake. I am unbiased.
Two-face: He's actually telling the truth. Which is really annoying.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiggum posted:

That was my favourite bit of the episode:

Bane: I promise you'll get a fair shake. I am unbiased.
Two-face: He's actually telling the truth. Which is really annoying.

I thought it was a 2 henchman job. That's on me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully that ending and where the story will go from there means people will stop whining about this show

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This episode made me extremely happy

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

This version of Bane is so loving good!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao im only 30 seconds in and they dusted off fuckin man bat

he is a goddamn scientist, not a lawyer, this show is bullshit!

Sir DonkeyPunch fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 15, 2020

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

According to TVLine, Season 2 of Doom Patrol will take up right where it left off, after the cockroach / rat lovemaking scene.

The DP will still be stuck at tiny size and have to figure out how to grow 'spiritually and physically' to get back to where they were.

Personally, I'd bet it's gonna have to involve Negative Man pulling some more warp hole tricks to get them normalized, none of the others have any powers that would help in this situation, unless Crazy Jane has a personality devoted to enlarging things or Ray Palmer stops by and lends them some white dwarf matter or something.

I don't think they had any time or budget to have a Legends of Tomorrow crossover, but that would be nice in a JLA / JSA tradition..

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
that was intensely excellent.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
This episode is so :discourse:

Bane is the most wholesome villain ever.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this show rules

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man-Bat is my spirit animal.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

e: I hope that Bane is okay. Cheryl too. And Killer Croc. And Zsasz

Professor Pyg, Anarky, and Clock King were all down there, too.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Man-Bat actually being pretty eloquent but people can't understand his screeching was such a great joke.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

HQ is actually surpassing VBros in a couple ways, which is nuts.

I'm invested in these psychopaths!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Nameless Pete posted:

Professor Pyg, Anarky, and Clock King were all down there, too.

gently caress those guys

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MadJackal posted:

I'm invested in these psychopaths!

uhhh Ivy identifies as an ecoterrorist thank you

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hooollllly shiiit! So much happened this episode and it was all so GOOD!

Manbat: Was actually a pretty good lawyer! Too bad no one understood him.

Bane: I love this version of Bane so much, please don't let him be dead. I really REALLY hope the show runners weren't bluffing when they said they weren't going to kill him off. :ohdear:

Batgirl and Jim Gordon: Awwww, father and daughter crime fighting team! I'm glad Jim doesn't need alcohol to be crazy, in fact if anything going sober made him MORE of a maniac and that's just lovely.

Harley and Ivy: I'm glad they kissed, but I feel bad for Kiteman! Which I guess is the point! I hope the show handles that break up well!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Harley and Ivy: I'm glad they kissed, but I feel bad for Kiteman! Which I guess is the point! I hope the show handles that break up well!

I trust these show writers to know that Ivy being in an emotional crisis like this is simply bound to be great TV because she doesn't have the tools to handle this, like even a little bit.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Really impressed at Bane actually rehabilitating his prisoners. Personally.

And the look they gave each other at the end was perfect.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

This show is just rocketing up through the ranks of the best superhero stuff ever. If you aren't watching it you are making a terrible mistake.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

itry posted:

Really impressed at Bane actually rehabilitating his prisoners. Personally.

Bane's backstory is that he was born in prison to serve the life sentence of his father and grew up in the most cruel and unjust conditions imaginable, of course he would grew up to be the sort of man who would want to create a better and kinder prison system that focuses on therapy and reformation :unsmith:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

he is a goddamn scientist, not a lawyer, this show is bullshit!

[Why do you think Two Face appointented him?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Two Face gave them a competent lawyer and an impartial judge. He's just that good of a prosecutor. Also one of them confessed on the stand.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I do hope they go the poly route, but I understand if people don't really want to see yet another heterosexual couple, especially one with as much LGBT significance as Harley and Ivy. But yeah, whatever way they go I hope they treat Kite-Man well.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I'm hoping they take another page our of the Venture handbook, "We're villains! We swing!"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Personally, the parts of the episode I liked the most was the stuff with Gordon. Although Bane was pretty great, too.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Holy gently caress how is this show so good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I would buy this poster :3:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Binary Badger posted:

According to TVLine, Season 2 of Doom Patrol will take up right where it left off, after the cockroach / rat lovemaking scene.

The DP will still be stuck at tiny size and have to figure out how to grow 'spiritually and physically' to get back to where they were.

Personally, I'd bet it's gonna have to involve Negative Man pulling some more warp hole tricks to get them normalized, none of the others have any powers that would help in this situation, unless Crazy Jane has a personality devoted to enlarging things or Ray Palmer stops by and lends them some white dwarf matter or something.

I don't think they had any time or budget to have a Legends of Tomorrow crossover, but that would be nice in a JLA / JSA tradition..

I hope they all get big in different ways. Jane has a growing persona, Negative does some space-bending, Robot-Man gets a new body with a very tiny brain-jar. Cyborg... I dunno, stuffs more Apokalips-tech into his body and just gets swoler.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hypocrisy posted:

Two Face gave them a competent lawyer and an impartial judge. He's just that good of a prosecutor. Also one of them confessed on the stand.

Plus they were actually guilty.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This was really lovely. This show rules a lot.
There have been so many different great things.

This cartoon has been pretty much on point all the way through. I wasn't a big fan of the first couple episodes, but that might have just been because the characters haven't had a chance to play off each other yet. Or because there were slightly different than you might have expected.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus they were actually guilty.

When has that ever been relevant in a court?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/6oetRaQ.mp4

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Kite Man's gonna be a-ok. He's just going to chutzpah killdozer his way through this like everything else in life.

Hell yeah.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

This is all because they didn't get the corn factory venue isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

cant cook creole bream posted:

This cartoon has been pretty much on point all the way through. I wasn't a big fan of the first couple episodes, but that might have just been because the characters haven't had a chance to play off each other yet. Or because there were slightly different than you might have expected.

Once they got the whole crew on board this show hit its stride. They don't have to have the crew in every episode, although they should. This episode had enough good performances from non-Harley/Ivy characters that it made up for missing Psych, King Shark, and Clayface. I would however love for next episode to be about them, with Ivy and Harley coming back at the end. plus a possibly distraught Kite Man - his new fiance did disappear right after saying yes.