Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
My mother's already talking about driving 3 hours to a county that's open to get her hair done

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dwallacewells/status/1261397538394890240?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1261407517550264323?s=20

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dolphin posted:

it seems i don't have covid-19. it's just that i have a bunch of mold in mildew in my lungs that my humidifier shot into the air and i greedily inhaled

humidifiers are for people above the snowline, everyone else needs de-humidifiers

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

I was going to post this

:argh:

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Dude, if you read the article, it says that the sailors merely "tested positive" and ends with the caveat "It’s not clear whether cases like these are actual relapses, or if people tested negative without really being completely clear of the virus." Is it much of a shocker these people who had hardcore symptoms of the virus might still have virus fragments???

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I sincerely don't understand the obsession with haircuts. I keep (kept) my hair very close cut up until this virus broke out and since then I just went "gently caress it" on my hair and beard and have been letting both grow out wildly. It's great not having to get a haircut every 3 weeks. Just lean into the covid hairstyle look

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

the only people I feel bad for with this reopen frenzy are the medical workers who are going to be overloaded

that reminds me, when this virus was raging in China we had a ton of stories about medical workers getting the virus themselves. there's been barely any coverage of American doctors/nurses getting covid. I wonder if the media is suppressing these stories to help prevent panics.

why suppress them when we could just ignore them to go breathlessly cover a bunch of astroturfed chud protests

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

why would you be going back lmao ?? it’s getting worse

Turns out that the entire management cadre of my company are death cult chuds, no idea how my team managed to stay wfh so long

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bar Ran Dun posted:

perhaps the problem is the secular left’s failure to talk about it’s concepts and ideas in language and symbols that unsophisticated Christians are able to understand. gotta speak to people in the language they think in or lol at getting any kind of good response or real communication.

You can't communicate someone out of having a schizophrenic worldview

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

So if the virus doesn't cause those 3 markers to be off, and instead it takes advantage of people with those markers - can't we just have everyone get a full blood panel and point out "hey you're going to die if you get this" to the ones who have those markers?

That seems like an easy stopgap in places where testing is unreliable/unavailable

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
like half a million americans will die because they cant go without haircuts for more than 6 weeks

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

why would you be going back lmao ?? it’s getting worse

Iowa State has been touting OPEN JUNE 1 OPEN JUNE 1 OPEN JUNE 1 for weeks

And today the president of the U sent out a letter "uhhhhh actually, no, we're not, cya"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1261404888942010368?s=20
https://twitter.com/DarrenJBeattie/status/1261348863295680512?s=20
https://twitter.com/ssharmaTX/status/1261399576256208897?s=20
https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1261298934028349440?s=20

getting the feeling that these people are fantasizing about forcing us to go to Applebee's at gunpoint

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MorrisBae posted:

My mother's already talking about driving 3 hours to a county that's open to get her hair done

grats on your soon to be realized inheritance

Apr 7, 2003

"economic militias"

think about how loving loony that is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
can’t believe “the lockdown is more deadly than covid“ is a real thing people are claiming.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MorrisBae posted:

I suppose people deserve the right to make end-of-life euthanasia decisions.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Shut the thread. Covid is done. Thank you trump

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
What a covid world we live in.

I intermittently get emails meant for others on my gmail account. Occasionally I'll forwarded this one extended families updates meant for someone else. It seems things aren't going so well. This chain had info on 3 deaths from covid. Including the 'young husband of Martha' and various detailed accounts of how they all got it and varying severity.

Always fun to wake up to such cheery 'junk' mail

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Do people not keep a pair of scissors and some electric clippers at home? I understand if you've got an elaborate hairstyle that requires professional work, but seriously, 95% of people should be able to cut their own hair. And their partner's hair. Unless that's "beta" behavior, or something. What the hell is wrong with people?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

nursing home companies are evil

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MorrisBae posted:

buy one from the salon and get one free from the mortician, it's a win-win

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Animal-Mother posted:

Do people not keep a pair of scissors and some electric clippers at home? I understand if you've got an elaborate hairstyle that requires professional work, but seriously, 95% of people should be able to cut their own hair. And their partner's hair. Unless that's "beta" behavior, or something. What the hell is wrong with people?

And even if you gently caress it up, you'll have some time for it to grow out

Apr 7, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

They don't care about the haircut itself, it's concern trolling

same way the people who believe school massacres are a necessary price to pay for the right to own guns are suddenly concerned about children and their mental health.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

"economic militias"

think about how loving loony that is

from economic anxiety to economic militias, the american story

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I sincerely don't understand the obsession with haircuts. I keep (kept) my hair very close cut up until this virus broke out and since then I just went "gently caress it" on my hair and beard and have been letting both grow out wildly. It's great not having to get a haircut every 3 weeks. Just lean into the covid hairstyle look

I went to the px yesterday to buy some clippers because 2+ months without cutting it was getting out of hand now that its getting warm.

If I was younger I'd just shave my loving head like I used, but I got to protect what little I have left.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Animal-Mother posted:

i just wax my scalp. entire thing comes up like a piece of commercial carpet.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://twitter.com/stephaniemlee/status/1261404852053131264

all studies are fraudulent, must be forced to be fraudulent, so that profit may be taken from a dead economy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol the bitcoiners have gone full galaxy brain
https://twitter.com/saifedean/status/1261362852893298690?s=20

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, also known as Owen Field or The Palace on the Prairie, is the football stadium on the campus of the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma. It serves as the home of the Oklahoma Sooners football team. Capacity 88,308 .

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

indigi posted:

can’t believe “the lockdown is more deadly than covid“ is a real thing people are claiming.

They were saying it preemptively, so when they start shooting the non-consumers, the claim can be accepted quicker.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 22:43 on May 15, 2020

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
What's covid? We just had an overactive flu season this year. Get back to work

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, also known as Owen Field or The Palace on the Prairie, is the football stadium on the campus of the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma. It serves as the home of the Oklahoma Sooners football team. Capacity 88,308 .

hell yeah BOOMER SOONER

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

hosed up but lockdowns don't work. states with lockdowns have more deaths
https://twitter.com/princesseffel/status/1261082587289628672?s=20

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I love college football but I know it’s loving evil so I guess this is the best way to part with it

loving lol at all the people who think college football is gonna survive this

mystes
May 31, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Patients given treatments are more likely to have diseases, too. Sorry, but this clearly shows that medicine doesn't work.

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I love college football but I know it’s loving evil so I guess this is the best way to part with it

loving lol at all the people who think college football is gonna survive this

The Power 5 conferences will. Penn State is never going away.

Division III probably will because they're not much of a step above club sports and they have a long tradition of existence and existing on small budgets and usually belong to good academic schools whose donors have deep pockets. Johns Hopkins' football coach isn't the highest paid university employee in Maryland and the doctors that have graduated from there have an old school appreciation of "college athletics are important".

NAIA is a fuckin wild west of poo poo that pays their players, so who the hell knows what happens there?

But Division II might see quite a few closures, probably a few FCS schools will either demote down to DII or close, and I think we'll probably see a handful of Minor 5 programs like UAB or Tulsa or South Alabama decide to fold up shop.

Zberan Madowinty has issued a correction as of 22:56 on May 15, 2020

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I went the opposite way and used the pet clippers I already owned to give myself a buzz cut. I buzzed it a little shorter than i thought I would and it's probably a little uneven but it still worked and since I wear a hat most if the time anyway I just don't care. I'll probably wait a month or two and if barbers are open at that point, I'll go in and get it cleaned up. But i do think I'm just going to continue with the buzz cuts and just do a 1/2" instead of the 1/4" I think I ended up giving myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Atrocious Joe posted:

it’s getting impossible to tell what’s real