Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

KozmoNaut posted:

(Also LOL at green grass bases for dungeon-themed minis)

But goblin green is the colour bases are meant to be, I learned this long ago....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
The lad was scrounging in boxes in the garage and unearthered this custom blood bowl team i made yonks ago.

Gimlets Dwarven Delicacies. A fast food inspired skaven team!

I wondr if i should try and given them a better paint job at some point.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Hunter posted:

The lad was scrounging in boxes in the garage and unearthered this custom blood bowl team i made yonks ago.

Gimlets Dwarven Delicacies. A fast food inspired skaven team!

I wondr if i should try and given them a better paint job at some point.

These dudes rule, but yeah, they could probably do with a fresh coat

KozmoNaut posted:

12 year old me was not very good at this whole coverage thing.

If it makes you feel better, I'm 35 and I'm not

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

“Painted and based.”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Eight-Vietnam-war-Mini-Loose-28mm-Promo-painted/283866853421?hash=item4217c8702d:g:JZQAAOSwGIVeYYbd

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Fifteen dollars plus an additional 6 for shipping all for Vietnam era Eddie Munster. I wonder if this dude had an entire platoon of vampires or if this was the only one

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 12, 2020

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
If we're doing pro painted stuff on ebay I'm down

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

KozmoNaut posted:

I started out painting my Hero Quest minis with enamels, because my mom had a bunch of the little metal Humbrol pots and some brushes, and I was a kid with very little money, a mid-80s book on mini painting and no local game stores.

According to the book, acrylics were inferior to enamels in every way, so I stuck with enamels for a while until I tried the hexagonal Citadel paints at a friend's house and was all like "they look great, you just clean the brushes with water, and you don't get dizzy from turpentine fumes? Whaaat?"

I found some of the minis, this is one of the first I ever painted* and an identical mini I'm finishing up right now. 12 year old me was not very good at this whole coverage thing.

* I think the very first few were some orcs and goblins, obvs.

I actually just found my big bag of Hero Quest Guys that I bought at a thrift store when I was like 13. I've been meaning to paint them for 10 years now.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Lot of 2 Painted Ultramarine Space Marines Warhammer 40k

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Iron Crowned posted:

I actually just found my big bag of Hero Quest Guys that I bought at a thrift store when I was like 13. I've been meaning to paint them for 10 years now.

The best thing about HeroQuest is the Gargoyle.

It is the finest miniature in the land.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

The gargoyle is good but my buddy's was missing a wing which is probably why the fimir was always my favorite

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Wrong, wrong thread.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Grundma posted:

That model rules for "pro-painted". Also it's like cheaper than a loving new painboy after shipping so I'll take it. That's a good rehab project for a youtube channel, or not as it's painted serviceable.

I usually only drag in my ebay pro painted by the monthload to this thread, because you gotta wait for all the cool-down timers on the abilities Self Delusion, Sunk Cost Fallacy, and Poor Command Of What Words Mean to all roll back around at the same time.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Grundma posted:

See thats the back of it, I'd be terrified what could be hiding in the front.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

KozmoNaut posted:

I started out painting my Hero Quest minis with enamels, because my mom had a bunch of the little metal Humbrol pots and some brushes, and I was a kid with very little money, a mid-80s book on mini painting and no local game stores.

According to the book, acrylics were inferior to enamels in every way, so I stuck with enamels for a while until I tried the hexagonal Citadel paints at a friend's house and was all like "they look great, you just clean the brushes with water, and you don't get dizzy from turpentine fumes? Whaaat?"

I found some of the minis, this is one of the first I ever painted* and an identical mini I'm finishing up right now. 12 year old me was not very good at this whole coverage thing.

* I think the very first few were some orcs and goblins, obvs.

Hey, first-ever-miniatures buddy. 12 year old you was a better painter than 12 year old me.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I did cheat a bit by having an art teacher mom. I'll have to see if I can find the pencil drawing of a Hero Quest zombie she did for me, it's pretty rad.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

The best thing about HeroQuest is the Gargoyle.

It is the finest miniature in the land.

Oh no, Mormons!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I wonder if Nagash ever looks back on his life/existence and tries to put it in perspective. How does one go from a feud with the leaders of Nehekhara to bitterly building your own army of soul-juice filled suits of armour because some other guy was siphoning off your supply of soul-juice.

"Why are you building an undead-knock-off army at 3am in the morning?"
"Because I've lost control of my unlife."

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

LashLightning posted:

I wonder if Nagash ever looks back on his life/existence and tries to put it in perspective. How does one go from a feud with the leaders of Nehekhara to bitterly building your own army of soul-juice filled suits of armour because some other guy was siphoning off your supply of soul-juice.

"Why are you building an undead-knock-off army at 3am in the morning?"
"Because I've lost control of my unlife."

he is too busy adding more vertebrae to his evergrowing collection

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Winklebottom posted:

he is too busy adding more vertebrae to his evergrowing collection

He's Lowtax?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think Lowtax has had his fused together, so he's more of an anti-Lowtax.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Nagash stole Lowtax's spine?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

TFW you overuse the Clone Stamp tool.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I love this, he's so jaunty. Living his best unlife.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

"WHAT UP, FUCKERS?"

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

That anime as gently caress, and reminds me of this.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

E-i-e-i-oh!

I don't know why that song popped into my head, but I almost sang it out loud in the tea room at work.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59LQw9bKeJ8

I genuinely love this Nagash.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

TotalHell posted:

TFW you overuse the Clone Stamp tool.

Ah, GW's "holy poo poo look at what we can do in plastic put some more crap on this model swirling around more more MORE!" phase

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

This straight looks like one of the Death Note guy's designs for Castlevania: Judgment

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

"Call me tiny legs now mortals!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are a lot of rivets.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

goatface posted:

I feel like you are the only person to look at Vincent Von Vertebrate there and say "thats too many rivets".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is he meant to be a metal man or a bone man? Because he looks too boney to be metal, but there's all those rivets...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Gotta bolt that codpiece securely in place!

Fake Edit: I just realized he's wearing plate armor assless chaps.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Fake Edit: I just realized he's wearing plate armor assless chaps.
All chaps are assless. If chaps had an rear end, they'd be called "pants." :colbert:

All he's missing is a little hobo bindle and he'd be the most carefree necromancer ever!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
https://twitter.com/pegastyx/status/1261455151656841218?s=20

Laura is a pro-follow, a hell of a stand out from the already excellent GW Twitter crew.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I think that Nagash is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

"I'm just here to take spines, and honestly, I'm having a great time"