Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

SKULL.GIF posted:

How much credit does Belichick get for being the DC for Parcells's two victories?

I'm pretty sure he had a large role in coming up with the scheme that stopped the Bills' K-Gun offense so I would give him quite a bit of credit for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Black QBs count 3/5 against the Cap as White QBs.

:drat:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ho fan posted:

I would like this to happen if only to see how the patriots try to cheat the system

ever heard of the 1 Drop Rule?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/StephanieWISHTV/status/1261401961397579782?s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

40 yard penalty. And a mule. First down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Holy poo poo

This recent stuff isn't funny at all but when he got arrested for barking at a police dog was.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

take your meds kids

quote:

Perzley told the detective that Morrison has “confirmed mental issues, bi-polar and manic and has several recent arrests in the last year involving gun, assault and paraphernalia charges.”

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kalli posted:

Give the teams with minority leadership an additional split of leaguewide revenue and salary cap space and floor. The bonus decreases as more teams hire minority leadership, and if you end up as the only team or two with a black coach or GM, then suddenly you can afford an entirely extra top of the market player, bingo bongo.

Also the formula should include OC and DC and QB coach since those are the job maker positions as well.

This is probably the better idea. The real issue is head coaching/GMing more than the coordinator positions as that begets more coaching/front of house hires. Incentives for hiring minority leadership should hit the pocket books of free agency and contract extensions more than the relatively cheaper draft picks. People are going to complain either way so might as well work it into obscure salary cap law and let yokels forget about it.

In a side note it's still weird we have a draft considering it forces people to spend their careers in locations not up to them. Look at Sammie Watkins going insane up in Buffalo. Maybe he'd have a better career if he was paid a fair market price coming out of college and got to choose his destination.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

kiimo posted:

40 yard penalty. And a mule. First down.

Lets not do this

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Missed blocking assignments are lowkey great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEKrpgmj8is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcV9CMQtUIA&feature=youtu.be&t=2410

https://streamable.com/f1kb

post em if you got em

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chromatic posted:

Missed blocking assignments are lowkey great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcV9CMQtUIA&feature=youtu.be&t=2410

post em if you got em

that penalty was bullllshit

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Surprised not to see the classic on here

https://youtu.be/DttfyOeU3vw

"God damnit Donald!"

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Not sure I’d call it great because Bryce petty nearly died but this was one of the most insane football fuckups I’ve ever seen and I’m a jets fan

I forgot this resulted in a completed pass lol

https://youtu.be/scI1MwT11sU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jimmy Johnson deserves an honorable mention for best coaches of the Super Bowl era.

I wonder how long he could have held the Cowboys dynasty together if it weren’t for Jerry.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

both free agency and their qb not actually being that great were pretty massive holes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

This is probably the better idea. The real issue is head coaching/GMing more than the coordinator positions as that begets more coaching/front of house hires. Incentives for hiring minority leadership should hit the pocket books of free agency and contract extensions more than the relatively cheaper draft picks. People are going to complain either way so might as well work it into obscure salary cap law and let yokels forget about it.

In a side note it's still weird we have a draft considering it forces people to spend their careers in locations not up to them. Look at Sammie Watkins going insane up in Buffalo. Maybe he'd have a better career if he was paid a fair market price coming out of college and got to choose his destination.

What would you propose instead of the draft? I agree in principle but I’ve always struggled to think or hear a different proposed idea that makes better sense and keeps it fair

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

both free agency and their qb not actually being that great were pretty massive holes

:supaburn:EXCUSEM E YOU TALKIN BOUT TROY AIKAMN MAN I TELL YA HES A GODDANG AMERICAN HERO

LIKE ROGER STAUBACH

COWBOYS:supaburn:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

holy poo poo can you imagine a former nfl player in a mental health facility going off

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cavauro posted:

Aikman was really good at play action and had a beautiful deep ball. That's all you needed at the time.

Cavauro posted:

It's arguable whether they would have won in 95 again with Johnson coaching. They still win in 96, for sure. After that it's a matter of keeping talent together, which I think Johnson does better than Switzer. Do they get another later in the decade? Probably not, but I don't see them collapsing as hard with Johnson still running the show.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If an Asian or Native American scores a touchdown it should be worth 9 points instead of 6.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Chichevache posted:

If an Asian or Native American scores a touchdown it should be worth 9 points instead of 6.

Which current NFL players are Asian?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

Kicker Younghoe Koo, who the Falcons signed part way through last year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Exactly. That's why we need to incentivize teams to go get some.

If a touchdown pass is thrown by a woman your team should automatically win the game.

FizFashizzle posted:

holy poo poo can you imagine a former nfl player in a mental health facility going off

Don't have to, I've seen it. :killdozer:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

king of the hill did not prepare me for the number of irl Cowboys fans who feel contempt for troy aikman for daring to have all those concussions

until i met more texans, i assumed aikman was a revered figure among them!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's the wonderful thing about sports, no matter our differences we can all come together to hate Troy Aikman.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's arguable whether they would have won in 95 again with Johnson coaching. They still win in 96, for sure. After that it's a matter of keeping talent together, which I think Johnson does better than Switzer. Do they get another later in the decade? Probably not, but I don't see them collapsing as hard with Johnson still running the show.

Did you seriously just suggest that a team so stacked it won the Super Bowl with Barry Switzer coaching it might not have won with Jimmy Johnson coaching it?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mega64 posted:

That's the wonderful thing about sports, no matter our differences we can all come together to hate Troy Aikman.

Lots of Cowboys fans hated Romo and now hate Dak even harder, so they may just be psychos in general.

:ms:

That said Aikman is absolutely a douchebag.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I have always thought Romo ruled. Cowboys fans are fickle fuckers. Skip Bayless is a cowboys fan, for example. Dak is good, but he's no Romo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Did you seriously just suggest that a team so stacked it won the Super Bowl with Barry Switzer coaching it might not have won with Jimmy Johnson coaching it?

Yeah I hosed up my years.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Oh my bad, I should have realized what you meant. Yeah with Johnson they might have given the '94 49ers a run for their money, but poo poo that 49ers team was ridiculous.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

:hmmyes:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone needs to update these stats and send them to Troy Aikman and further tarnish his legacy so we can watch him melt down.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/24/troy-aikman-bristles-patrick-mahomes-comparison/2427885001/

After all,

https://twitter.com/TroyAikman/stat...2F2427885001%2F

Mahomes now has 33% of his SB titles so Aikman asked for it

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Troy Aikman had some real bad stats, in retrospect, and he played with some real good players on offense. Maybe he really was... bad?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Aikman would have 33% of the titles he has if he had ran into any other team that perennial bottlers the Buffalo Bills.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel like if you put Drew Bledsoe on that Cowboys team he’d have won 3 Super Bowls.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Troy Aikman managed to throw more than 20 touchdowns in a season only once in his career. (23)

He was pretty bad. Or average at best.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

An overrated nfc east qb?

N....no

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Amy Pole Her posted:

What would you propose instead of the draft? I agree in principle but I’ve always struggled to think or hear a different proposed idea that makes better sense and keeps it fair

Honestly it should be up to the NFL teams to have cap space available to sign rookies out of college. More cap space = more chance to compete on top flight rookies. You already see the practice with UDFA's and recently the Jags splashed a ton of cash on Luq Barcoo just to get him in camp.

The bad news is that it would completely ruin the job prospects for thousands of potential football players every year if you moved to rookie free agents instead of the draft. If teams would be saving cap space they're not paying other people, and if teams are spending more on rookies they're signing less rookies, or signing them for pittance. Guess that's capitalism baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chichevache posted:

Exactly. That's why we need to incentivize teams to go get some.

If a touchdown pass is thrown by a woman your team should automatically win the game.

Don't have to, I've seen it. :killdozer:

Unfair. Practically guarantees a Cowgirls win

I'm sorry