Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The neighbors outside my apt are the really hosed up ones, constantly screaming until the dude was arrested for breaking a no-contact order. I watched him get slammed onto the ground by his ex after he tried to enter the house and that was pretty cool. Otherwise, the guy across the hall from me was arrested for domestic violence, the guy next to him kitty corner from me died a couple weeks ago, and I also hear fighting through the vents. OH and of course who can forget when someone set the road on fire using gasoline outside

Not sure what's going on here. On Wisconsin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bullfrog posted:

The neighbors outside my apt are the really hosed up ones, constantly screaming until the dude was arrested for breaking a no-contact order. I watched him get slammed onto the ground by his ex after he tried to enter the house and that was pretty cool. Otherwise, the guy across the hall from me was arrested for domestic violence, the guy next to him kitty corner from me died a couple weeks ago, and I also hear fighting through the vents. OH and of course who can forget when someone set the road on fire using gasoline outside

Not sure what's going on here. On Wisconsin!

where the gently caress do you live

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

theflyingexecutive posted:

drat I had no idea Keanu Reeves was romantically linked with Keanu Reeves

you have to love yourself before you can love others :ck5:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Lpzie posted:

imagine if we were spacefaring. dumbasses would be entering virgin atmospheres, opening their air lock, coughing, pissing, then flying off laughing. if the docking station won't let me in, then i'll force my way in!!

plz, we're simple farmers in this bubble on our asteroid. lol just a flu bro *connects ships air to the farms vents* cya!

we would seed the galaxy with coronavirus-based lifeforms. they would spend millenia contemplating their existence and never understand that they evolved from the respiratory sputa of dumbass apes many billions of years ago.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bullfrog posted:

this is soooo loving stupid lmfao but i would expect no less from america. open er up

https://twitter.com/JamiePerezTV/status/1261342834843684875

lol 170k students, that's basically madison + milwaukee + uwsp + a few other major UW schools, doesn't even cover all the campuses

and only once each what the gently caress happened to the UW system since I graduated

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bulgakov posted:

learning of these adorable inter-villages feuds :allears:

and that there's apparently maybe some sorta local tycoon family

south refers to south of "44" which i assume is a highway or something. im not gonna look it up.

microcosm of america

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol 170k students, that's basically madison + milwaukee + uwsp + a few other major UW schools, doesn't even cover all the campuses

and only once each what the gently caress happened to the UW system since I graduated

foo bawh

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

if we were space fairing I'd be 0g horny baby

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The CovidSafe contact tracing phone app was released in Australia on April 26 and so far has had 6 million downloads, which is 30% of our population.

So far it has not helped detect a single case of infection.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...516-p54tk9.html
(To be fair there's only been 319 new cases detected in the entire country since the app was released, and it was only announced three days ago that the app was finally "fully functional" )

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Google Butt posted:

if we were space fairing I'd be 0g horny baby

Zero G Horny Baby is my band name

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

I love when he asks the one dude recording with one of those higher-end iPads if he's out of work.

My supposedly safe 20-something coworkers decided to team up and go to the bars that are serving drinks out of their windows and walk around the city drinking. I asked them how they would social distance and got a sarcastic remark about how there's totally not THAT many people out.

LOL NO RULES!!!!!!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The CovidSafe contact tracing phone app was released in Australia on April 26 and so far has had 6 million downloads, which is 30% of our population.

So far it has not helped detect a single case of infection.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...516-p54tk9.html
(To be fair there's only been 319 new cases detected in the entire country since the app was released, and it was only announced three days ago that the app was finally "fully functional" )

Now if only the government was fully functional. :downsrim:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

#ronibreak

https://twitter.com/Todd_Spence/status/1261095810155986945

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

imagine spending hundreds of thousands of dollars prepping ur teen for university then the university system collapses lol hail satan

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Brazil just recorded 17,000 new infections yesterday

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

a helpful bear posted:

I love when he asks the one dude recording with one of those higher-end iPads if he's out of work.

My supposedly safe 20-something coworkers decided to team up and go to the bars that are serving drinks out of their windows and walk around the city drinking. I asked them how they would social distance and got a sarcastic remark about how there's totally not THAT many people out.

LOL NO RULES!!!!!!!

one of my acquaintances has a birthday and they booked a private booth in a restaurant with like 8 people, plus cook, plus photographer, plus a 3 piece mariachi band

this is then being safe and socially isolating

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

haha

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If the US is going back to uncontrolled spread we may be done with this by late June (with millions dead)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1261501901356531714?s=20

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Lock him up

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

one of my acquaintances has a birthday and they booked a private booth in a restaurant with like 8 people, plus cook, plus photographer, plus a 3 piece mariachi band

this is then being safe and socially isolating

Amazing. I'm re-watching the local news and the poo poo-eating grins on the business owners' faces is gross as hell. They are being super-duper safe with:
1. a lovely make-shift plexiglass window
2. tape on the floor that is a "safe" six feet apart
3. HAND SANITIZER

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it’s really upsetting how stupid people can be

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Thinking about inventing 6G

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

indigi posted:

it’s really upsetting how stupid people can be

no one really deserves anything good and c-spam's fatal flaw is thinking that anyone does, especially americans

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

Brazil just recorded 17,000 new infections yesterday

The gangs are going to work extra hard to try and contain it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

quick, brush them under the rug.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

KaptainKrunk posted:

no one really deserves anything good and c-spam's fatal flaw is thinking that anyone does, especially americans

Almost everyone deserves a fuckin workers paradise op

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

shovelbum posted:

Almost everyone deserves a fuckin workers paradise op

americans would find a way to ruin it

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

texans are fat as gently caress and obesity is probably a big comorbidity

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Funny that you can get bird lovers who volunteer or work at such a place to follow procedures like that to save some birds, but people can't be asked to do the bare loving minimum of wearing a mask and washing their hands to save themselves and their loved ones.

so much of the cultural production from the US glorifies narcissism and sociopaths. people only caring about themselves to a suicidal extent is just the system working.

the big flaw in my argument is that walter white did wear a mask for safety.

Bullfrog posted:

this is soooo loving stupid lmfao but i would expect no less from america. open er up

https://twitter.com/JamiePerezTV/status/1261342834843684875

at least it is less stupid than the universities that are gonna open up without any testing plan

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

is this just a gift shop

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Atrocious Joe posted:

is this just a gift shop

if it sells popsockets its a garbage fire

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

oh that reminds me there was a zoom meeting today to discuss how we're gonna open up our astro department in the fall and maintain 6 ft of PURE SAFETY but i didn't login so who knows what we're doing lol. owned bitch *cough cough*

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Man Musk posted:

imagine spending hundreds of thousands of dollars prepping ur teen for university then the university system collapses lol hail satan

vocational school is cheaper, shorter, and more likely to land you a stable well paying job after the economy collapses next week

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Still can't get over the fact that Americans are so dumb they brought assault rifles to a virus fight

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Declan MacManus posted:

vocational school is cheaper, shorter, and more likely to land you a stable well paying job after the economy collapses next week

Universities make you a more well-rounded person, which in practice means some guy from West Virginia gets to call you a soyboy.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Declan MacManus posted:

maybe if your vocation is grocery bagging or delivery

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Universities make you a more well-rounded person, which in practice means some guy from West Virginia gets to call you a soyboy.

i can read and understand subtext thanks to my english degree but because i was reading four novels a week i never want to read another book ever again

Steve Yun posted:

maybe if your vocation is grocery bagging or delivery

the rich will never work on their own hvac you fool

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
This is bullshit after several months of WFH I have to drive into my plant and work for a few hours tomorrow. gently caress the EPA. Assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1261346828785553408