Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

"Oh boy! Twenty new posts in the thread about my favourite show!"

Well, here's some news:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/timothy-olyphant-saddles-up-for-mandalorian-season-2-1202936166/

quote:

Deadline has confirmed that Deadwood and Unjustified actor Timothy Olyphant is joining season 2 of Disney+ Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

It isn’t clear if he’ll be playing a new character or a well known one from the extended Star Wars universe.

Olyphant joins a slew of new faces in season 2, which is already in the can, including Rosario Dawson (reportedly Ahsoka Tano), Temuera Morrison (Boba Fett), Katee Sackhoff (Bo-Katan) and Michael Biehn.

The Mandalorian season 2 will return in October.

It's 100% a celebrity-cameo-of-the-week type of deal but I've faith they'll use him well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Loved Unjustified.

Santa Clarita Gluttony wasn't bad.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cross-Section posted:

Well, here's some news:

https://deadline.com/2020/05/timothy-olyphant-saddles-up-for-mandalorian-season-2-1202936166/

It's 100% a celebrity-cameo-of-the-week type of deal but I've faith they'll use him well.

I've had no issues with that in season 1 at all, it's already really cameo-heavy.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I bet he'll be playing a bounty hunter/assassin. Looking forward to Space Agent 47.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Seth Givens

Or maybe Raylan Bullock

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's hard for me to overstate how much I hope the Boba Fett casting is misdirection/misreporting and that it's Rex, which make more sense both because he was not canonically killed, and because they are introducing Asohka.

Also Olyphant in a Star War is almost as good as Herzog in a Star War.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Disney has had no payoff currently of Boba Fett and they’ll be damned if they don’t turn a profit on that character who has been canonically alive pretty much the entire time. It’s Boba Fett.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He moves to coruscsnt and starts a pizza restaurant, going into hiding by renaming himself Bob Feta

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He moves to coruscsnt and starts a pizza restaurant, going into hiding by renaming himself Bob Feta

Close. Gets married, has 3 kids. Opens a restaurant across from his rival's. Boba's Burgers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Timothy Olyphant is one of the best actors working today and I have such love for him in my heart. The Mandolorian is the best show of the century!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

As someone who basically gave up on Star Wars many years ago, I really liked the first season of The Mandalorian and I'm hoping we get Space Raylan Givens in season 2. Now they just need to find a role for Walton Goggins.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

god I hope it’s Olyphant doing a classic Cowboy Olyphant role and not Comedy Olyphant. though either will be great tbh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mandrel posted:

god I hope it’s Olyphant doing a classic Cowboy Olyphant role and not Comedy Olyphant. though either will be great tbh

Comedy cowboy coming up.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Comedy Olyphant is great. One of the best Conan O'Brien guests of all time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I hope this turns out to be Olyphant's big break! It's too bad he's not handsome enough for Hollywood.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Timothy Olyphant is better than any of us deserve. Santa Clarita Diet was BRILLIANT! Pedro looks in the mirror every day holding up a Blu-Ray of Justified and just weeps!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Close. Gets married, has 3 kids. Opens a restaurant across from his rival's. Boba's Burgers.

Kit Pesto

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Now they just need to find a role for Walton Goggins.

Baby Boba Fettman

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Now I want a Mandalorian voiced by Jon Benjamin. Whether it’s full on Bob or Archer or whatever doesn’t matter.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Now I want a Mandalorian voiced by Jon Benjamin. Whether it’s full on Bob or Archer or whatever doesn’t matter.

Hell, we got him in Star Trek, Mandalorian can't be too far off

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hazo posted:

Kit Pesto

Boba's best friend Dengar (Denggy)

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

H Jon would honestly be perfect as a very weary and disillusioned Dengar.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/sithdjarin/status/1261216753641816064?s=21

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tommy Elephant

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the show wasnt called unjustified or am I missing a joke. he provoked the bad guys so they shot first so the shooting would be justified, a very hilarious premise really.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Baby Yoda was the last good thing to happen on Earth and people can’t let it go

https://twitter.com/dilillicious/status/1261297029361184768?s=21

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

H Jon Benjamin may be a bit too devastatingly handsome next to scrubs like Pedro and Tim though. It'd be distracting.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Look we’re all having a good laugh at you guys talking about Pedro like he’s handsome, that’s fine and dandy, but if you infer EVEN IN JEST that Timothy Olyphant isn’t as hot as the Summer Sun in July then it’s fisticuffs at dawn

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I... wha... jus... the gently caress?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like Star Wars.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

"Worf, set keyboards to maximum poo poo posting" - Captain Obi Wan Skywalker

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Parallelwoody posted:

"Worf, set keyboards to maximum poo poo posting" - Captain Obi Wan Skywalker

It’s Moff Obi Wan Skywalker :goonsay:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

fartknocker posted:

It’s Moff Obi Wan Skywalker :goonsay:

No, this takes place prior to the prequels before they earned the moff rank. Common mistake.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's Obi Wan Sherlock Clouseau you troglodytes.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

this is gonna be the talk of the upcoming mofference

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dark greetings to you all.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

I normally don't participate in cast speculations, as to what part they will play or how many episodes they'll be in, because it usually ends up in disappointment, but I wouldn't mind this:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Depends on if they treat that unfinished clone wars episode as canon or not where young Boba Fett kills Cad Bane

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TK-42-1 posted:

H Jon would honestly be perfect as a very weary and disillusioned Dengar.

Well now I'm going to be pissed that this isn't happening.

"Boba. Boba! BOBAAAAA!"
"WHAT?!"
"...Kessel Zone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Coach McGuirk is, was, and forever will be his greatest role.